News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

pc-crashes

Started by zahndy, June 30, 2008, 01:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zahndy

post here in what kind of funny way your pc crashed. (if it crashed)
mine:
it is a compaq 4550 (= very old)
it was from my dad and it had NO fire wall and no virus scanner, and my dad let my evil stepsister on the pc (alone) so she crammed the whole thing full of viruses ( 43 viruses and 3 trojans ) so it crashed and he gave it to me, i asked my unkle to fix it and he did he also put windows ME on it.
i worked normal for a while until the video quality was down to ...12colors or somethig like that, and i couldnt fix it.
( my only scanner was connected to that pc)
so i starded removing programms.... and then i was totally sick of and downgraded it to windows 95 and it crashed agian ( some register error)
and now i cant use my scanner anymore, we have a other pc but he cant connect to the scanner ( driver doesnt work / only printer )
please delete this account

Akiro

I wouldn't consider my computer crashing after I just put a new fan and graphics card in it funny.

starpikachu

My laptop freezes every time I start Maplestory. It's a Sony Vaio CR Series Notebook. This is what happens:

1. Clicks on Maplestory icon.
2. "Maplestory has compatibility issues", presses Run Program.
3. Maplestory launches.
4. Right before the sign-in screen, laptop freezes.
5. Restarts using the power button.
6. "Windows did not shut down properly", presses Start Windows Normally
7. Repeats steps 1, 2, and 3 after Windows has finished loading.
8. Freezes for a few seconds, then proceeds to the sign-in screen.

Then everything works normally...until I want to stop playing:

1. Clicks Quit Game.
2. Laptop freezes.
3. #5 and #6.
4. Does not execute Maplestory and does something else like come to NSM.

Off topic: I came here right after quitting Maplestory. Coincidence?

Mike

What's a crash? Sorry I'm using a Mac so I don't know the meaning of that word.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Mike on June 30, 2008, 09:47:38 PMWhat's a crash? Sorry I'm using a Mac so I don't know the meaning of that word.

Well that's funny, every time I use a Mac it seems to crumple when trying to run 2 applications like Firefox and MS Word.  And this isn't just the shitty school computers.

me irl
[close]

Mike

It must be you because when I use Word I have Firefox, iTunes and a bunch of other shit open at the same time. You're probably using Windows.

KefkaticFanatic

When I use Vista I can have Firefox open with at least 10 tabs, Microsoft outlook, word, iTunes, WMP, Finale 2008, Pidgin, Spy Sweeper, and Mcafee all running at the same time while still running smooth.

me irl
[close]

Mike

I once had iTunes playing, Firefox with a bunch of tabs and downloading files, Mail, downloading a bunch of torrents in Azureus, Adium (MSN+AIM), Photoshop CS3 and a few open PDF files open while typing a big ass essay with pictures in Word. No noticeable difference at all and that doesn't count the breaks I took to go watch some shit on youtube some people sent me or any other thing I opened while everything else was open. If Macs crash on you you're either using the old Macs during the time they were garbage (which the whole Mac stereotype comes from) or you're just a god damn retard trying to run Windows applications in Mac which obviously doesn't work.

MasterPenguin

Having word processors up does nothing to your computer.
Having torrents going only effects your internet.
Bunch of programs..Meh. Nothing really. :P

Stick a game on a mac, and watch it die. Oh wait, you can't.

Mike

Quote from: MasterPenguin on July 01, 2008, 12:21:08 PMHaving word processors up does nothing to your computer.
Having torrents going only effects your internet.
Bunch of programs..Meh. Nothing really. :P

Stick a game on a mac, and watch it die. Oh wait, you can't.

1. Unless it has a bunch of pictures in it.
2. Unless you have like 10gb of torrents running like me. I have a 50gb torrent running right now.
3. Actually yes because the main reason in slowdowns is too many applications open.

Goes off to play CS: Source. Oh wait I got a Mac... Oh it still works because Macs have a way to run Windows files now.

Anyone who thinks a PC/Computer is made for games needs to be beaten. Consoles exist for a reason.

I love the complete ignorance of Mac haters. Oh before you use the stupid "You only have 1 button mouse lulz omg!!11!one1" card.

Harvest

Any crash on my new PC has been caused by me doing something stupid.
-

zahndy

WHAHAHAHAHHAaaaaaaaa,
my dad bought a new computer a while ago with windows xp, an again my stepsister totaly ruined it ( i think she toasted the graphics card )

Harvest

Quote from: zahndy on July 02, 2008, 06:52:31 AMWHAHAHAHAHHAaaaaaaaa,
my dad bought a new computer a while ago with windows xp, an again my stepsister totaly ruined it ( i think she toasted the graphics card )

uh, either have her banned from all technology or....murder her.
-

zahndy

Quote from: Harvest on July 02, 2008, 07:57:51 AM
Quote from: zahndy on July 02, 2008, 06:52:31 AMWHAHAHAHAHHAaaaaaaaa,

uh, either have her banned from all technology or....murder her.
i would call her a real b***h.
she hates every thing ( including me) she always wants to be on a computer or ( one of the 3) laptops.
she trows away brand new mobile phones, and she hit's my half sisters :(.
for short: she's spoiled like hell
thats also why i never want to go to my father