News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak - "Hidden Riches" by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, July 25, 2016, 12:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Hidden Riches
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Haha, why hasn't this one been accepted yet? :P

Anyway, great job. I've been really enjoying your Hamtaro arrangements in your arrangement thread.

Everything looks good. Notes, formatting, and alignments are perfect.
A couple tiny things:
- The BPM is actually QN = 138. It sounded a tad fast to me, so I decided to confirm it with the BPM counter.
- Maybe crescendo on beat 3 & 4 (M. 3) up to a forte in M. 4?
- What do you think of this beaming?
Spoiler
[close]

Again, A+ work!

Altissimo

Quote from: Sebastian on August 13, 2016, 08:42:00 AM- The BPM is actually QN = 138. It sounded a tad fast to me, so I decided to confirm it with the BPM counter.

it's such a short piece it's hard to get enough of a sample size for figuring out the beat (I used BPM counter too), haha. Edited.

Quote- Maybe crescendo on beat 3 & 4 (M. 3) up to a forte in M. 4?

Sure why not. Added.

Quote- What do you think of this beaming?
Spoiler
[close]

Never been a big fan of beaming-over-rests except in compound meter, and even then it's still ehh. I just feel it obfuscates things more than actually clears them up. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd prefer to leave it as is.

Edited with the other two changes, though.

Sebastian

Quote from: Altissimo on August 13, 2016, 09:05:31 AMit's such a short piece it's hard to get enough of a sample size for figuring out the beat (I used BPM counter too), haha. Edited.
Haha, yeah. I have trouble find the BPM of short songs too, especially jingles or sound effects.

Quote from: Altissimo on August 13, 2016, 09:05:31 AMSure why not. Added.
Awesome!

Quote from: Altissimo on August 13, 2016, 09:05:31 AMNever been a big fan of beaming-over-rests except in compound meter, and even then it's still ehh. I just feel it obfuscates things more than actually clears them up. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd prefer to leave it as is.
Cool with me!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot