The Donkey Kong 64 Unofficial Arrangement Project

Started by Sebastian, August 02, 2016, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

*In an old man voice* "Dude? I haven't heard that name in 65 years!"

Yeah, he's just thinking of the wrong tune lol.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

Quote from: Altissimo on August 05, 2016, 02:24:00 PM[8/5/16 5:17:52 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: 118 - K. Lumsy Key - ... - Impossible to be done on piano.
[8/5/16 5:17:55 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: How
[8/5/16 5:18:06 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: How is it impossible
[8/5/16 5:18:39 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: It's the tune you hear when you unlock a lock right?
[8/5/16 5:18:44 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: There's music
[8/5/16 5:18:58 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: He's just doing it wrong
[8/5/16 5:19:41 PM] Altissimo: lmao
[8/5/16 5:21:53 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: Ask why it isn't possible on piano
[8/5/16 5:22:01 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: I'm curious
[8/5/16 5:22:14 PM] ☆★Dude★☆: For his reasoning
The MP3s are here. 118 - K. Lumsy Key is in there. Listen and see if it sounds possible :P

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjxjrf1x2ksvxb8/AABkRaF35SGod4r8-To3jfxSa?dl=0

It's nothing more than a noise.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 05, 2016, 02:46:28 PM*In an old man voice* "Dude? I haven't heard that name in 65 years!"

Yeah, he's just thinking of the wrong tune lol.
^^

Jungle Japes 2 is finished. Only needed a few edits.

EDIT:
I found some time to do a few. I did a couple fixes on Fungi Forest (Spider), K. Rool, and K. Rool Introduction. Tell me what you think, Wally.

Also, E. Gadd and I went over all his on skype.

WaluigiTime64

LANKY'S BABOON BALLOON

Actually I think the name should just be "Baboon Balloon", to go with the other ones, but I don't know.

Also I'd like to claim "Hunky Chunky".
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

WaluigiTime64

Sebastian

Another? Wow.

Great sheet! Fixed up and added to the DB folder.

EFitTrainr

Hey updaters, who has ACTUALLY accepted these? Looking at the submission threads, I can't seem to find any sort of evidence that they've been accepted.
I like food.

WaluigiTime64

I'm not an updater, but I think I can answer this.

Most of this project was discussed over Skype, so Sebastian got some updaters to look over things. So although there is no material evidence here on NSM, they have been looked over. As to which updaters exactly, I'm pretty unaware.

Maelstrom

Pretty much just Don. We didn't even know about it until this many were accepted. As good as it may look, everything will probably need to be double checked if it has any hope of getting an update.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2016, 07:55:05 PMPretty much just Don. We didn't even know about it until this many were accepted. As good as it may look, everything will probably need to be double checked if it has any hope of getting an update.
Actually, JD and Lat have been the heavy lifters for this project. Ben and Don also did quite a few.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2016, 07:55:05 PMeverything will probably need to be double checked if it has any hope of getting an update.
We'd be totally fine with that.

EFitTrainr

I think anything you guys want on the site should be submitted through Zeta, wait your turn like the rest of us. This isn't an official arrangement project, so you shouldn't be taking time from the rest of us by bugging every one else in private.
I like food.

MaestroUGC

[9:42:46 PM] Zachary "Maestro" Loy: As part of their reviews, have they looked at, and subsequently approved, these sheets in a manner similar to or exactly like the normal submissions process?
[9:44:02 PM] Latios212: uh
[9:44:28 PM] Latios212: I can't speak for the others but to the extent of my knowledge yes
[9:45:02 PM] Zachary "Maestro" Loy: I will wait for verification from the others for their level of input.
[9:45:17 PM] Zachary "Maestro" Loy: Do I have permission to quote you on this?
[9:48:20 PM] Latios212: Go ahead.

As far as I know at this moment these sheets have been looked over and otherwise approved by various Updaters. Unless they are going to state otherwise, I'm going to assume this is the case for now.

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:01:23 PMI think anything you guys want on the site should be submitted through Zeta, wait your turn like the rest of us. This isn't an official arrangement project, so you shouldn't be taking time from the rest of us by bugging every one else in private.
I agree, for the sake of transparency wait until the Updaters looks at sheets more properly, but I'm not going to force them to redo whatever work they may have done in private. I'll leave that for the Updaters to sort out.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 08:01:23 PMI think anything you guys want on the site should be submitted through Zeta, wait your turn like the rest of us. This isn't an official arrangement project, so you shouldn't be taking time from the rest of us by bugging every one else in private.
State the name of the most recent update on the site.

I don't really see a reason why there shouldn't be an update for it. Then again, I don't really have many reasons for why it should, so I'll see what other people think.

EFitTrainr

I move to have an official rule implemented that no sheet can be accepted without being uploaded through Zeta, and made available for public critique by the entire forum body.

It is unfair to the rest of us who are playing by the rules, and with such a large volume of sheets being involved in the unofficial project, he is taking time away from all of us.

Additionally, the public critique by Zeta posts enable a sheet to reach its maximum level of quality and accuracy, therefore adhering to the standards that users would expect from NinSheetMusic.
I like food.

MaestroUGC

The updaters have never been confined to only work through Zeta/Submissions board. That and it's a bottle necking process by nature, and they're volunteering their time. I'd say they should be free to review sheets in which ever manner they see fit.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.