News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - "Crocodile Cacophony" (Replacement) by Don Valent

Started by Zeta, August 02, 2016, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Crocodile Cacophony
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Don Valentino

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

DonValentino

After a while, I think I got the accidentals of the first measures right. Any other reasoned suggestions are ofc very welcome.

Tobbeh99

M.5-12: I think the chords in the RH change and goes higher at times in this section. I think it changes on beat 2 and 4. Not sure what the changes are, probably like a minor/major second up.
M.21-25: Alternatively you could add some grace notes as it sounds like in the original. 
M.25 The second last note should actually be 2 16ths, rather than one 8th. So the three last notes goes A-Bb-D.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 02, 2016, 01:47:55 PMM.5-12: I think the chords in the RH change and goes higher at times in this section. I think it changes on beat 2 and 4. Not sure what the changes are, probably like a minor/major second up.
M.21-25: Alternatively you could add some grace notes as it sounds like in the original. 
M.25 The second last note should actually be 2 16ths, rather than one 8th. So the three last notes goes A-Bb-D.

- Yeah, I'm pretty sure pitches are ok though, the problem are the accidentals themselves.
- Sure, added.
- Hmm sorry I don't hear that. Granted that it can be included as a grace note, but I can't hear it as another full 16th.

Thanks! Files updated.

Tobbeh99

QuoteM.5-12: I think the chords in the RH change and goes higher at times in this section. I think it changes on beat 2 and 4. Not sure what the changes are, probably like a minor/major second up.
-I think the pitch "slides up" rather than change chords if that makes more sense.

QuoteM.25 The second last note should actually be 2 16ths, rather than one 8th. So the three last notes goes A-Bb-D.
-I'm very certain that this is the case, but it's hard to hear. Slow it down a lot and you'll hopefully hear that.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

I'm not saying there is no A, just that I don't see it as another 16th but as a grace note. Let's see if there are more opinions on the matter.

Sebastian

Beautiful job!
Notes are good. Formatting is good. Game info, copyright info, and alignments are good. Excellent job.

A few things I'd like to point out:
1. There seems to be quite a bit more space between systems 3 & 4 than any of the others.

2. Could you make M. 26 like M. 13 by clarifying that the right hand should play the top note?

3. M. 13-16 seems quieter than the previous measures. Maybe a mezzo piano there and then back to forte at M. 17? Same with M. 26-27. Up to you really.

EDIT: LOL...I ALMOST MISSED THIS. You're missing the "/" at the end of the url.

Excellent work with this song! I absolutely love the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks, especially Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

DonValentino

Quote from: Sebastian on August 13, 2016, 08:29:44 AMBeautiful job!
Notes are good. Formatting is good. Game info, copyright info, and alignments are good. Excellent job.

A few things I'd like to point out:
1. There seems to be quite a bit more space between systems 3 & 4 than any of the others.

2. Could you make M. 26 like M. 13 by clarifying that the right hand should play the top note?

3. M. 13-16 seems quieter than the previous measures. Maybe a mezzo piano there and then back to forte at M. 17? Same with M. 26-27. Up to you really.

EDIT: LOL...I ALMOST MISSED THIS. You're missing the "/" at the end of the url.

Excellent work with this song! I absolutely love the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks, especially Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

1. Funny, I just used the space systems evenly and it just opened a little bit the gap between 2 and 3, but left 3 and 4 untouched lol I think it just looks that way because the top staff is empty and the 2nd layer doesn't have the lower octave, clearing the space more than in other places.

2. Hmm not really, when there's just one note it's easier to do with just one hand, even more if it's an octave chord. It's also easier to do than having to jump with both hands.

3. Only having 2 voices in octave will always sound quieter than 5, but I guess it doesn't hurt...

4. The /? I don't even

Thanks so much for the feedback! Files updated.

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on August 13, 2016, 10:32:48 AM2. Hmm not really, when there's just one note it's easier to do with just one hand, even more if it's an octave chord. It's also easier to do than having to jump with both hands.
I meant put this at M. 26:

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

Still, this remains:

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 03, 2016, 05:38:00 AMM.5-12: I think the chords in the RH change and goes higher at times in this section. I think it changes on beat 2 and 4. Not sure what the changes are, probably like a minor/major second up.
-I think the pitch "slides up" rather than change chords if that makes more sense.

You don't hear that the pitch seems to be "bent up" on certain chords?

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Could you please make a picture or something with an example? I can't see what you mean?

Bespinben

Latios and I looked over this personally and found no fault in the sonic qualities of the arrangement. We did, however, suggest to Don to align the page break with the section change by reworking the system and measure layouts, which he has done just now.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday