News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Spoil the ending of your favourite video game with no context

Started by Nitro Indigo, August 08, 2016, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

More games I've heard of but not played:
  • Turns out that the goddess sealed in the medallion that drives 5/6ths of its holders insane isn't actually evil, just overly emotional. Maybe it's not such a big surprise that a lot of our protagonists join her instead of the established goddess.
  • Our main protagonist and the lookalike who's leading a small army are related. But they're not twins. They're not brothers. They're not even cousins. They're father and son. And the villain you've been chasing all along is the son of the respected mage who reversed the father's aging. ...Reversed it so much that she had to raise the father. Oh, and the moon god everyone (protagonists and antagonists alike) has been worshipping is evil and the final boss.
  • The evil leader thought it was a good idea to summon the god of antimatter. Just be thankful that your country didn't explode the moment the god arrived.

Games I have played:
  • The final boss is your teacher's familiar?!? Sheesh--it's weird enough that your teacher is the second last boss...

A game and its first expansion pack at once:
  • After beating his final boss and proposing to his girlfriend, our protagonist blows up the tower that everyone hates. ...Right when our other heroes are still trying to defeat the evil inside the tower.

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 09, 2016, 08:22:27 PMThe evil leader thought it was a good idea to summon the god of antimatter. Just be thankful that your country didn't explode the moment the god arrived.
If that's what I think it is...
If you're talking about Pokémon Platinum, that happens in the middle.
[close]

Also, this isn't one of my favourites anymore, but I'm surprised nobody's done this yet:
The evil shadow guy loses his memory after his portal, which is apparently made of glass, is shattered by a dragon.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on August 10, 2016, 12:21:17 AM
If that's what I think it is...
If you're talking about Pokémon Platinum, that happens in the middle.
[close]
Story-wise, it could kind of be considered the end... especially given that the alternative option would be pretty much the same across the majority of games in the series.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

* girl/them/boy teaches a coworker at a cat cafe magic and helps stop a rust creating killer to help break a curse
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BrainyLucario

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 10, 2016, 01:16:49 PM* girl/them/boy teaches a coworker at a cat cafe magic and helps stop a rust creating killer to help break a curse
I seriously doubt anyone will guess this game

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on August 25, 2016, 06:36:07 AMYou leave an island and then everyone dies.
Dead Island?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nitro Indigo

You leave an island and everyone gets erased from existence, then?

I'm not the biggest fan of Link's Awakening, to be honest, so here's another game I really like:
Your friends forget about you. But wait! They don't!
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Turns out the planet-destroying final boss was actually a wimp, then you rescue some random woman from the intro.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 10, 2016, 01:16:49 PM* girl/them/boy teaches a coworker at a cat cafe magic and helps stop a rust creating killer to help break a curse
Shantae?  ::)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

He's a whale. Good luck figuring out what game this is ;)

mikey

unmotivated