News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 8 - Sign-ups

Started by BrainyLucario, August 22, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Of course! I was just mentioning those for the sake of inspiration, not that you should necessarily blend the melody of one with the accompaniment of the other. Brainy should have the guidelines and stuff up soon.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I have a question about the theme of the contest. Are you supposed to mix 2 song simultaneously? Or are you supposed to do like a small medley of 2 songs, like first 1 song then leading in to the second song?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Oronoco

Once the guidelines are up, I think (hope) you'll see that we left you with a lot of liberty to combine your pieces in your favorite way. It's up to you to determine what method you think works the best to create something new and creative. I think for some people, that would require going beyond just leading one song into the next. But other people might pull off a simple medley very effectively.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

BrainyLucario

The guidelines will be up on monday, as promised.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

I found two songs from two entirely different series that have nearly the same tempo and are both jazz! Yippee!

Echo

Just doing a last-second sign-up! and probably gonna be the first to drop out, haha

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on August 28, 2016, 02:51:46 PMI found two songs from two entirely different series that have nearly the same tempo and are both jazz! Yippee!
:O this should be interesting.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 22, 2016, 05:35:05 AM The deadline to sign up will be August 29th*
Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 29, 2016, 05:47:57 AM- Signup/song choice: September 8th
Am I late? If not, I'd just like to opt in just in case I have the time/will to create an arrangement all my own. As for the song choice, I'll do something that I had inspiration for and do the Super Mario Bros. Overworld and Underground themes.

Edit:
Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 25, 2016, 07:16:09 AMPlease PM me your song choices before September 8th.
OH NOOOOOO
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

mikey

the sign up date was pushed back due to popular demand
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Is it reasonable for me to worry since few of the judges seem to come from the Zelda stream?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Yours will be awesome. 'nuff said :3

(Judges are supposed to be objective when it comes to this kinda stuff. That said, I do know the song you're doing.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle