Arrangement Contest No. 8 - Sign-ups

Started by BrainyLucario, August 22, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

Yug_Guy

I guess I'll give this a shot (arranger). I'm a big fan of musical mashups myself, so this outta be pretty interesting!

braix

Do you mean I can't mix a pokemon song with another pokemon song?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Can we possibly get an extension of time to choose pieces? With school starting, a week is already not that much time, plus without guidelines as to what we can or cannot do it doesn't make too much sense to have a solidified plan yet. We need to know what is allowed before we can really pick something, right?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 25, 2016, 07:23:33 PMAnother question--just making sure, but are we allowed to change the key and/or tempo of one and/or both songs we choose?
I'm pretty sure you can, because otherwise it would be way too restrictive. A better question is "Are we allowed to change a song from major to minor (and vice-versa)?".

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 25, 2016, 09:01:29 PMwithout guidelines as to what we can or cannot do it doesn't make too much sense to have a solidified plan yet. We need to know what is allowed before we can really pick something, right?
Yeah, I'm quite concerned about that. Nothing much in terms of guidelines have been outlined for any of us to choose our 2 songs properly.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 25, 2016, 09:01:29 PMCan we possibly get an extension of time to choose pieces? With school starting, a week is already not that much time, plus without guidelines as to what we can or cannot do it doesn't make too much sense to have a solidified plan yet. We need to know what is allowed before we can really pick something, right?
Sure. How does another week sound?

Quote from: Zeila on August 25, 2016, 06:32:42 PMSo is it still going to be from two different series?
There's no real rule against it yet. If you can make it work, more power to you.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 25, 2016, 07:23:33 PMAnother question--just making sure, but are we allowed to change the key and/or tempo of one and/or both songs we choose? If we can't change the key of either piece, I'm stuck using a backup pair choice...
I don't see why not
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 26, 2016, 05:30:05 AMSure. How does another week sound?
Sounds great! However, without some guidelines were still in the same kind of boat lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 26, 2016, 07:16:55 AMSounds great! However, without some guidelines were still in the same kind of boat lol.
Guidelines should be posted on monday.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Maelstrom

Bonus points if anyone includes this theme in addition to the other 2 themes.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 27, 2016, 10:21:13 AMBonus points if anyone includes this theme in addition to the other 2 themes.
Another argument against picking 2 themes from the same series (admittedly, the Kirby series quotes itself a ton):
That theme is quoted (often in modified form) so often that Jonny Atma makes a good argument that King Dedede's theme (as extended starting in Kirby Super Star) quotes it, too:
Quote of the theme Maelstrom mentioned starts at 2:16, while quote of the end of King Dedede's theme starts at 2:32. Note the striking resemblance between the two quotes.

MaestroUGC

I think we'd get some interesting entries if we make the two themes come from different franchises. Often times franchises will have the same composer, or at least the same two or three across entries series' runs, and that often results in a very uniform musical identity; not a lot of internal variety.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 27, 2016, 10:21:13 AMBonus points if anyone includes this theme in addition to the other 2 themes.
No, bonus points if anyone includes this theme in addition to the other 2 themes.

EDIT:
So SilvaGunner already did exactly what I was gonna do so crap X(

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 27, 2016, 03:29:46 PMSo SilvaGunner already did exactly what I was gonna do so crap X(
Lol I was waiting for something like this to happen. Ow.

Actually I keep interpreting this competition as "Make a high quality rip arrangement but fancier".
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Some of the high-quality rips are actually really good and I'd totally use them as inspiration! A couple of my favorites are "Unfounded Revenge"/"Bonetrousle" and "Entralink"/"Lost in Thoughts All Alone".
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

Hmm, I was thinking about doing something like a symphonic poem, using the two sources as different themes to represent different things. Would that be alright?