Time for a Change (Mario vs. Super Mario)

Started by pumpy_heart, July 02, 2008, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

Yes. We all knew it was coming.
I suggest we change the Heading of the Mario songs from "Super Mario" to "Mario". I almost freaked out the other day when I noticed that there was no Mario music....then I saw Super Mario and returned to normal.
Although some games of the genre contain the name "Super Mario," more and more are being put into that category when they do not have that heading.
We have Dr. Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario and Lugi: Superstar Saga, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Party, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door, Yoshi's Touch and Go, Yoshi's Cookie, and Yoshi's Story. That in a total is 18 games in the Mario genre without the name "Super Mario" in them.
Meanwhile, there is 13 games (with music on the site) with the name of "Super Mario."
Although songwise, these two different named games have about the same number of songs, I believe a more appropriate heading of "Mario" would be better fit than "Super Mario."

iDOWN

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It could be the "Super Mario" series, "Mario" series, "Mario Bros." series, etc. I could go on and on. I don't see why it really matters.

starpikachu

Gu4n

MasterPenguin

Make them two sections? o.O. Put Super Mario, & Mario, linking to the same page.

Nintendude73

Oh god would that be a lot of database editing.  :-X

Jamaha

Quote from: Nintendude73 on July 02, 2008, 11:51:52 AMOh god would that be a lot of database editing.  :-X

UPDATE sheets SET series = "Mario" WHERE series = "Super Mario"

Not really.

Nintendude73

Parker2334

All of you guys know about the uber secret process of eni meeny mini mo, right?
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

ZeldaFan

I agree that you could change "Super Mario" to "Mario"

but while we're on this subject, would it also be appropriate to make a "Yoshi" section?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Echo

Well, then again, the games that don't carry the "Super Mario" title are the ones that are basically the spin-off titles. I don't really care though. Actually, I use "Super Mario Bros." the most when referring to the series.

iDOWN

Quote from: Echo on July 02, 2008, 10:53:32 PMWell, then again, the games that don't carry the "Super Mario" title are the ones that are basically the spin-off titles. I don't really care though. Actually, I use "Super Mario Bros." the most when referring to the series.
Same here, but I still feel the change is unnecessary.

Palagerini

i don't really care... it would make the site up to date... and since everyone knows that all the mario songs are in the super mario section it wouldn't really make much of a huge change or anything...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.