Arrangement Contest No. 8 in B# "Mix"olydian "Amalgamation"

Started by BrainyLucario, August 29, 2016, 05:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

JDMEK5

"Guys I'm gonna fuse Kakariko Village with Windfall Island"
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

unmotivated

daj

So umm judges, can we use other programs and submit a playback file/video/musescore link instead? ^^

(as in, instead of a mus)

E. Gadd Industries

I don't see an issue with it (so long as I can still see/listen to the piece; it has to have sheet music and an associated audio file). Anyone else oppose?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

We strongly prefer .mus files, and they should be included. We'll need to talk about whether all formatting points will come from that, the native file, or the PDF, as that is sort of universal.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

As far as formatting goes: I would just like to reiterate that these should be in no way as strict as the site submissions guidelines are. I would think this would go without saying, but I've been counted off in the past for having no site URL and no game publisher copyright information (two separate times). Also, the OP says that the subtitle must include the game name and track title; you meant for both games and tracks, right?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 29, 2016, 05:47:57 AMMash-Up two video game songs and combine them into one awesome piece!
I think I have done what you said.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

I meant this part:

"Formatting: No need to follow the site guidelines, but please include a title, subtitle (containing original song title and game)..."

Shouldn't it be "original song titles and games?"
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

^It should, but my money is on that it was copy/pasted.

My Arrangements

Oronoco

As far as I'm concerned, you don't even need "Composition by" before the composer name or running titles on every page (not really a fan). It's great that NSM has formatting standards, but when it comes to your own arrangements that aren't for the site, there should definitely be more liberty.

Of course, if the NSM standards are your absolute-favorite, that's completely all right.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

braix

It's okay if my title is just "'Song One'/'Song Two'", right
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.