News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 8 in B# "Mix"olydian "Amalgamation"

Started by BrainyLucario, August 29, 2016, 05:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

I'm totally for the "use your own formatting" idea, but could we just get some clarity on the aspects that will be graded? In regards to the subtitle, would it be possible to get an example of how you guys would like it to be? I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: braixen1264 on August 31, 2016, 01:28:37 PMIt's okay if my title is just "'Song One'/'Song Two'", right
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 31, 2016, 01:41:35 PM-Creativity Points
Quote from: braixen1264 on August 31, 2016, 01:56:38 PMforeals?
Personally I'd be jumping all over the opportunity to name my project whatever I want. And I did.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 31, 2016, 03:08:16 PMI'm totally for the "use your own formatting" idea, but could we just get some clarity on the aspects that will be graded? In regards to the subtitle, would it be possible to get an example of how you guys would like it to be? I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here.
I just used two lines of Subtitle for my games. So like,

[Song Title]
[Game 1]
[Game 2]

rougly is what I did.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bloop

i have never seen so much discussion about unclearity in an arrangement contest
this isn't that much different from the last three/four contests, right?

Echo

How committed am I to the pieces that I choose to arrange? Like if I PM'd you guys that I picked two certain tracks, but then later down the line I get a better idea for a different set of pieces, could I switch?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bloop on August 31, 2016, 10:38:48 PMi have never seen so much discussion about unclearity in an arrangement contest
this isn't that much different from the last three/four contests, right?

Many people are new this time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

do we have to send in the names of our chosen tracks?  It doesn't really clarify that in the OP

also what 3 weeks to finish the arrangement that's absurd I can't do that
unmotivated

Maelstrom

I'd like for there to be composers listed, but I don't care about the ninsheetmusic url. It's more of a  courtesy to the composers than something that must be followed to the letter. I, personally, won't be deducting points for text formatting, but don't do anything stupid, or put in typos.

cashwarrior1

Olimar12345

Pls extend submission deadline! I really want to do this but with school and work, I would need more time! :c

E. Gadd Industries

I'll ask Brainy what his thoughts are tomorrow at school since he insists on still hosting this after what happened.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

I'm thinking of dropping out, the two songs I picked were generally bad choices, one was a good song in general, but the other, I don't recognize it or its game series. I don't really want to create an arrangement for both of these songs and combine them by September 30th, not because the deadline, but because there are other things I want to do right now. Sorry :P

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 01, 2016, 06:56:25 PMPls extend submission deadline! I really want to do this but with school and work, I would need more time! :c
How late were you thinking?

Oh, and don't feel bad, cashwarrior. Most arrangement projects end with only 25% of the entries getting finished.

cashwarrior1

I feel bad because I really wanted to do this contest, mashing up songs is awesome!

mikey

we're all pushing for an extension, if that happens, consider staying in!

I think we could feasibly push this past thanksgiving break for some guaranteed free time
unmotivated