News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by DS, September 18, 2016, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I'm holding my actual thoughts until I see a roster, honestly. If it's just Awakening and Fates aka weeb emblem I won't be very happy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dudeman on January 13, 2017, 11:00:12 AMhow did you not mention FE Warriors there
^because the dynasty warriors games fukin suck.

Yeah noc, basically what nebbles said with the addition of a March third launch with Zelda, splatoon 2 this summer, mariokart 8 deluxe 4/28 and supposedly a lot more third party support. Also battery life is hella weak.

Edit: and no more region locking

Ninjad
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

So Mario Odyssey looks great and everything, but it just occurred to me that I might be mildly disappointed if the Wario brothers don't show up in it. Dunno why I'm thinking about that, but there you go.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Well, then not appearing is a huge possibility since they hardly ever appear in non-spin-off titles. But it's not like that has hindered other games' success.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Yeah, I know that and the game won't be any lesser because of it. But in a game this big, a man can dream.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Also there's Puyo Puoy Tetris and a new 2D sonic game that both look pretty decent.

E. Gadd Industries

MMMMMMMMMMMMM
SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Also, Bowser looks good in a suit! Now, I'm curious to see how the cap mechanic ties into everything.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 13, 2017, 12:01:11 PMSo Mario Odyssey looks great and everything, but it just occurred to me that I might be mildly disappointed if the Wario brothers don't show up in it. Dunno why I'm thinking about that, but there you go.
They need to appear in the city!!! YESSS!!!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Now we need Captain Toad, Birdo, and Donkey Kong Jr. in DLC pack three for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

KefkaticFanatic

I would say I was disappointed, but honestly it's exactly what I expected.   Nintendo is just hilariously out of touch with the market.

I'll probably just get the Zelda Master Edition and put it in a closet until the switch is in a bargain bin (or Nintendo fires and rehires everyone).

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

Sebastian

I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

Olimar12345

You two are joking, right? Where to begin... There's a hilarious lack of software, especially at launch (minus Zelda, ofc) with basically them just showing off their "see look third parties are on board" rather than actual games, the battery life is too ridiculously limited to be useful, accessories continue to grow in price (but that isn't really exclusive to Nintendo), they obviously focused on the mundane features (HD Rumble?) rather than their lack in power when compared to consoles that are already on the market, and more. The only thing that was real news was that it won't be region locked, but most everything else was p. predictable.

Latios212

I like the way the controllers feel.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 14, 2017, 06:35:02 AMYou two are joking, right? Where to begin... There's a hilarious lack of software, especially at launch (minus Zelda, ofc) with basically them just showing off their "see look third parties are on board" rather than actual games, the battery life is too ridiculously limited to be useful, accessories continue to grow in price (but that isn't really exclusive to Nintendo), they obviously focused on the mundane features (HD Rumble?) rather than their lack in power when compared to consoles that are already on the market, and more. The only thing that was real news was that it won't be region locked, but most everything else was p. predictable.
I believe the only real issue with the Switch is the pricing. The joy cons are $50 each and the pro controller is $70. That's outrageous. The Switch itself is expensive software and won't be able to match the Xbox One and PS4, especially when it comes to pricing.

As for the launch titles, they're a little thin...which isn't very surprising. They could've used another big title (like Zelda BotW), or at least had Super Mario Odyssey ready in time. The holiday is way too far off to be releasing gameconsole-selling games in my opinion.
I think it's great that they are bringing games from other consoles (for example Skyrim), but games like that won't sell the console when you can buy a different console that is cheaper with the same game. They need more good exclusive games that will sell the console (like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey). Those are my two big concerns: expenses and lack of games at launch.

1 2 switch isn't Wii Sports. I know a lot of people didn't like Wii Sports, but that is the game that first drew me to the Wii back when it was first released. Wii sports sold approximately 82.79 million, which is pretty dang good. The highest-selling Wii U game only sold 8 million (Mario Kart 8 ). Also, Arms? No way.

Now if they only improved the battery life...