News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - 8th Day of Hanukkah - Minish Cap Sheets

Started by Lkjhgfdsa_77, September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which obscure game should I arrange every track from?

Snakebird (9 tracks)
Oceanhorn (27 tracks)
Ōkami [Okami] (186 tracks) (have mercy)
Radiant Historia (25 tracks)
Other (reply)

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

First Day of Hanukkah

Started Space maze from Snakebird. Snakebird is a puzzle game released for iOS, Android, and Steam, and I was able to pick a copy up through a Humble Bundle along with .mp3s of the entire soundtrack. This is one of the slower songs in the soundtrack (compare to "All the fruit in the world"). While having the melody and harmonics, right now the arrangement feels a bit lacking, consisting of a single note played with the left hand and one or rarely two notes on the right. I created a special file for the .mid ("Enhanced Midi") which has the glissando marks throughout the entire piece as well as the repeated section copied over for playback reasons (NotePad's native repeat signs don't work).

Because everyone else is doing it -
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Space maze||Snakebird
75%, melody is there but feels lacking.mid.pdf

A merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, and happy holiday period to all at NSM!
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Hanukkah starts at sundowns. So in technicality, each day of Hanukkah covers the timespan of two days; the first day of Hanukkah 2016 started at sunset 24 Dec 2016 and continues/d until sunset 25 Dec 2016. In my time zone I'm actually late because of Christmas obligations, but for anyone living in the West Coast (US) it's not. 
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on December 16, 2016, 01:52:17 PM- because each day of Hanukkah starts and ends on a sundown, each arrangement of Hanukkah will be uploaded on the day following its start. (25 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017, sundown of 24 Dec 2016 is the start of the first day of Hanukkah)
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Second Day of Hanukkah

Arranged Death Mountain from Four Swords Adventures. Like Legend of Skyloft, because of multiple key changes I have decided to split the arrangement into three parts so I could still work on it without having to wait for a request to be fuffiled. I think that I did a good job incorporating the bass chords with the percussion to keep the piece moving. However, I had some trouble with the faint vocals (?) that are present in the first two parts. I want them to be in the arrangement but only subtly; I put in a text marking for this purpose but it won't play back this way. Here is a specialized .mid of what I'm thinking of.

Death Mountain pt 1||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
80%, playback errors and separate parts is all that's left.mid.pdf
Death Mountain pt 2||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
" "
"          ".mid.pdf
Death Mountain pt 3||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
" "
"          ".mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Third Day of Hanukkah

Arranged Menu from Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas. Oceanhorn is a Wind Waker-inspired adventure game on iOS, Android, PS4, XBox One, and Steam for PC and Mac. In this song there is little to no percussion, which let me focus on the other parts. However, with the way that I arranged it the hands seem very close together, and at times the left hand crosses over the right hand. I like to try to preserve the octave that a part is written in an effort to keep the same register from the original, but both the high bass pattern and the melody are very close to middle C and they clash, separated by the different types of sounds in the original. Otherwise, the arrangement might need some final formatting but overall I think that the notes are accurate.

Menu||Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
85%, time for community feedback.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Fourth Day of Hanukkah
Arranged Ink or Sink from Splatoon. Splatoon music in general doesn't transcribe well onto piano because of the heavy use of drums and percussion, and Ink or Sink is no different. In the first part (until m20, around 0:23) I completely ignored it and looked at the guitar and melodic pattern, save the piano slap direction in RH m4. In the second part (m21-36, 0:23-0:42) I was able to include most of the parts, albeit in a very messy way, and I think that I did a good job using the piano's registers. However, in m29 I pushed the "D#-B-D#" eighth note pattern to the right hand, which in my opinion overpowered the new lower pattern in the left hand. In m36-50 (0:42-0:59) the rap-like part really confused me but I was able to put in the basic guitar pattern with an attempt at the other pattern. Sadly, I am currently out of arrangements complete enough to post as a Hanukkah arrangement. If I end up deciding to arrange I might be able to go for a few more days, but I might have to discontinue the H8BIMGDaSaN2 Arrangements of Hanukkah.

Ink or Sink||Splatoon
65%, parts of a section aren't done and more work is needed.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Fifth Day of Hanukkah
Arranged Inside Forest Haven from Wind Waker. I spent a lot of time finalizing the arrangement for the Official Wind Waker Arrangement Project so it's a bit more polished than my other Arrangements of Hanukkah. There are still a few things that will need fixing -
 - every time the left hand plays the repeating marimba pattern, change the clef to treble, and switch back to bass when it's put on the right hand (retain tonal value)
 - put 8va on m1-4 (retain tonal value)
 - m21 - change to 2/4 measure (keep first two beats) and if possible get playback to play the percussion

Inside Forest Haven||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
85%, made for the WW Official AP and finalized it.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Sixth Day of Hanukkah

Started Shinshu Plains from Ōkami [Okami]. Sadly I was not able to get an entire arrangement ready for the sixth day of Hanukkah, so to compensate I will include the "Xth Day of Hanukkah" header on the next three arrangement updates (including this one). Ōkami (for easy searching I will include a spelling of the title both with and without the macron over the O) is an action-adventure game developed by Clover Studio for the PS2, and was later ported to the Wii and PS3. I am currently playing through Ōkami and Shinshu Plains is one of the earlier locations visited. please don't spoil okami for me The music that plays in Shinshu Plains is over 6 minutes long and is actually split into two parts in the official soundtrack (hence the "I"). The first 24 measures feature a repeated 4-measure string pattern which I split between the left and right hand. When the flute come in at measure 9 (0:15), I kept the higher string pattern in the right hand with the flute. When a violin harmony is added in m12 (0:22), I notated it but I noticed that the notes are, for the most part, already played by other parts; this might be able to be solved by transposing the violin up an octave, however I find it not to be as true to the original as possible. I tried to notate the melody and the strings in m17, and its seems very unplayable in its current state.

Shinshu Plains I||Ōkami [Okami]
20%, very long but a sizable portion is done.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Seventh Day of Hanukkah

...a sincere apology to all of the Jewish people on NSM.

Arranged Tower of Spirits (Dungeon) from Spirit Tracks. This is definitely one of the catchiest songs in the game and because of its repeated use in the game, it can easily be recognized by anyone that played Spirit Tracks. This arrangement was relatively straightforward, except for a couple things. There are multiple instruments that carry the melody, and by the way that I notated it I think it would be hard for one to differentiate them when looking at the arrangement. I'm also unsure of some of the harmony to some of the notes, not only in the beginning but also when they are added to the main melody later on. I also tried to be stricter on the note length, which is why there's a C5 held for 5 measures at the very end. I'm not sure if that's completely necessary, even though the sections at 0:07 - 0:14 and 1:38 - 1:46 are slightly different in the original.
Tower of Spirits (Dungeon)||The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
75%, needs work on chords but very close to done.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Eighth Day of Hanukkah

Arranged Dew Shimmers from LittleBIGPlanet 2. For those who looked at my transcriptions thread, you would know that this was actually directly transcribed from the music sequencer in the game, which means that besides anything that I misread, there should be no error in the actual notes. The arrangement process was generally straightforward. My biggest concern is the total omission of the spicatto violins starting at m73; because it has a perpetual eighth harmonic it can't easily be played with another part in that section. The left hand of Piano I (which takes the harp) spans a large area in terms of pitch and either clef changes, ottavas, or cross-staff beaming are wanted to cut down on ledger lines. I will likely also need to go through and map out parts where the hands would otherwise cross over.

Dew Shimmers||LittleBIGPlanet 2
75%, one part in the original may / may not be able to fit in.mid.pdf

8 Arrangements of Hanukkah Recap

Day 1 -
Space maze||Snakebird
75%, melody is there but feels lacking.mid.pdf
[close]
Day 2 -
Death Mountain pt 1||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
80%, playback errors and separate parts is all that's left.mid.pdf
Death Mountain pt 2||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
" "
"          ".mid.pdf
Death Mountain pt 3||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
" "
"          ".mid.pdf
[close]
Day 3 -
Menu||Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
85%, time for community feedback.mid.pdf
[close]
Day 4 -
Ink or Sink||Splatoon
65%, parts of a section aren't done and more work is needed.mid.pdf
[close]
Day 5 -
Inside Forest Haven||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
85%, made for the WW Official AP and finalized it.mid.pdf
[close]
Day 6 -
Shinshu Plains I||Ōkami [Okami]
20%, very long but a sizable portion is done.mid.pdf
[close]
Day 7 -
Tower of Spirits (Dungeon)||The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
75%, needs work on chords but very close to done.mid.pdf
[close]
Day 8 -
Dew Shimmers||LittleBIGPlanet 2
75%, one part in the original may / may not be able to fit in.mid.pdf
[close]

Arrangements of Hanukkah - 8
Arrangements of Hanukkah on the Actual Days of Hanukkah - 5
Arrangements from Games Not Previously Arranged by Lkj - 7 (Excluding Day 2 - FSA)
Arrangements from Games with No Arrangements on Site - 4 (Snakebird, Oceanhorn, Ōkami [Okami], and LBP 2)
Arrangements Split into Multiple Parts - 1 (Day 2 - FSA)
Duet Arrangements - 1 (Day 8 - LBP 2)

39 days behind schedule, this marks the conclusion of the H8BIMGDaSaN2 Arrangements of Hanukkah. Hopefully you enjoyed and may we have many late holiday arrangements to come.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Fixed up Herd Game. Put it onto one page and added the missing guitar harmonics. However, the intro is still left untouched and the added guitar harmonics seem too low.

Herd Game||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
82%, the intro seems bland but it's well formatted.mid.pdf

Started Ganon's Tower for the Wind Waker arrangement project. With use of repeats I was able to get this down to 16 measures. I have a basic layout of the sheet, but it will need some work. The piano chords throughout the entire piece will need major overhauling, and the second half will need playability fixes that could easily be fixed by just bringing the low note up an octave. I want to have a better notation for the ornamentation of the vocals, I used grace notes whenever possible but I can't figure out what to use for the ornaments at the beginning of m10 and m14. An inverted mordent even with a flat can't cover a major third...

Ganon's Tower||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
55%, chords need a lot of work.mid.pdf

Started Opening from Skyward Sword (not to be confused with my previous arrangement of Opening from Twilight Princess). This is what could be best classified as a draft; this was considered as one of the 8 Arranegements of Hanukkah but was shelved for difficulty. This song heavily relies on instruments to give it flavor, and through a first listen it's hard to transcribe notes. I'll likely look through it again after Ganon's Tower to finish it and make finalizations.

Opening||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
50%, not even done but there's at least something.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Started Sealed Grounds from Skyward Sword. I've been having trouble with arranging heavily orchestrated music and I ended looking through the Skyward Sword soundtrack for ones that seemed easy to arrange. As a result, the actual notes are going smoothly for this one. In addition, I deciced to move the marimba to the left hand for playability when the flute came in, and I'm contemplating whether to keep it in the bottom staff and use 8vas or keep it in the top staff and use LH marks. I'm leaning towards the right, but NotePad might not handle that well. I'm also using a bunch of articulations to differentiate the instruments, the instruments used have different characteristics and this carries well to piano.

Sealed Grounds||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
65%, almost done with notes but formatting works must be done.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77