News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

AmpharosAndy's Arranging! (Full Sims 2 OST Arrangement)

Started by AmpharosAndy, October 03, 2016, 10:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

My first go at an arrangement is the Wii sports resort title theme.
Assuming it's good enough, could somebody transfer my sibelius 7 files into Finale and upload it for me? I'm having trouble with technology and such :S

Below = link to the score/audio on my youtube account. Let me know what you think! :D

(P.S. My sincerest apologies to the moderators I annoyed a while ago, I was very confused with how to do anything :S xx)

Edit: Also added a Chargestone Cave Piano Duet (Pokemon Black/White) to the channel if you want to check it out below :)

Edit 2: and a Battle resort Piano Duet (OR/AS) too :)

Edit 3: Waltzy Piano Duet version of Apple Woods from PMD2

Edit 4: Pokemon DPP Surfing theme (Piano Duet)

Edit 5: I'm getting carried away now XD here's a Piano Trio of the 3DS Mii Maker Theme :)

innit

Zeila

I took a listen at Battle Resort and the Wii Resorts Menu Theme, and both of them sound great! I like how Battle Resort has more of a calmer feel to it. I'm not sure if you excluded some stuff to add more to that feeling, but the bass sounds more involved, and some parts are rolled. Although it's in the harmony originally, maybe you can consider putting a tremolo for some of the tied whole notes. If you do, you can also try experimenting with the dynamics for it or make it a feathered tremolo

Aside from that, there seems to be another part starting at m16 that's omitted. It's kind of hard to discern from everything else, but it sounds like some kind of percussion instrument and I believe it's the counter melody. Perhaps the LH for the Primo part could play it. Once again, nice job :3

AmpharosAndy

Thanks Zeila! All of those points are great and I'll add them straight away :) I didn't use the original as a reference, which is why I missed a couple of things like that.
innit

Latios212

How are you arranging these? Do you use a midi as a basis?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

I'm using sibelius 7 and just writing it by ear :)
innit

Latios212

I'm confused... then what do you mean by this?

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on October 05, 2016, 02:41:17 AMI didn't use the original as a reference, which is why I missed a couple of things like that.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

Oh right! Sorry, I didn't make that clear :P I meant that I didn't look up/listen to the original song when I was arranging it because I was just writing it from memory.
innit

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AmpharosAndy

Thanks, dude :D I put a lot of work into it! Especially the key changing madness of wii sports XD
innit

AmpharosAndy

Original Wii Sports Title Screen musics!! Not to be confused with the Resort one I did a while ago. Check it out beloooow.

I've arranged most of the original Wii Sports soundtrack over some time and I'm thinking of grouping them together into one OST video (when I've finished the rest). Does that interest anyone? I don't know if people love Wii Sports as much as I do XD

Also added Bouldergeist - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Piano Duet). Somebody asked for it a while back and I never put it up so it may have been done already but oh well. It won't hurt :) Link below to the score/audio on mi youtubes :D

innit

Th3Gavst3r

Dude Wii Sports is the bomb. Doesn't matter how you upload, just put 'em up somehow lol

AmpharosAndy

There are loads of short jingles for the game intros/wins/replays and stuff so I'll put those together into one big score. Any particularly interesting pieces that work by themselves I'll do separately. I'll hopefully get most of it up at the weekend (on holiday currently).
innit

AmpharosAndy

It isn't nintendo but a couple of you may find this interesting. My jazz arrangement of the Gears of War death theme:

innit

AmpharosAndy

Wii Sports Update: Finished!!! I've arranged the full OST!:D

Channel Intro - done
Title Screen - done
Main Menu - done
How to Play - done
Game Win - done
Game Lose - done
Game Tie - done
Tennis (Select Position) - done
Tennis (Replay) - done
Tennis (Results) - done
Baseball (Match Start) - done
Baseball (Home Run) - done
Baseball (Triple) - done
Baseball (Double) - done
Baseball (Single) - done
Baseball (Results) - done
Bowling (Intro) - done
Bowling - done
Bowling (Results) - done
Golf (Course Select) - done
Golf (Course Intro) - done
Golf (Results) - done
Boxing (Replay) - done
Boxing (Results) - done
Training Mode - done
Tennis (Training) - done
Baseball (Training) - done
Bowling (Training) - done
Golf (Training) - done
Boxing (Training) - done
Boxing (Training Results) - done
Training Results (Get Medal) - done
Training Results (Platinum Medal - done
innit

AmpharosAndy

COMPLETE!!!! WATCH ITTTTT (with the link) let me know what you think!

innit