News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Least favourite parts of your favourite fiction, and vice versa

Started by Nitro Indigo, October 16, 2016, 11:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: dajwxp on October 18, 2016, 10:39:25 PMEh, might as well.

Funny how only Nitro's mentioned the PMD series. Because it's, well, a mixture of not-so-fun gameplay with a corny and slightly predictable plot. But throw in Pokemon, give us Pokemon lovers images of cutesies breaking down in tears over some mystical stuff that no one gets (filling plot holes, anyone?), and it's suddenly a beautiful game. Characterisation is on-point most of the time (though your partner never changes his/her personality, it seems) and everything is just so dang effective when you mix in the cutesies. Minus the gameplay, of course. Which is what a game should be mostly about, but NO ONE CARES WHEN YOU PLAY PMD. Just, conveniently ignore it. You can't think deep when you're crying.

Also, not sure if anyone else is into the Kingdom Hearts series, but they've been re-using the same maps and characters since the first game...and the plot gets more and more convoluted each time. I don't hate the plot, really, it's just all over the place and too hard for the average gamer to get. Solid gameplay though, so I guess that's a nice plus~

On the subject of TP though...it was actually pretty awesome for twelve-year-old me, ahaha. The speed was just right, and shooting slingshots at stuff for no reason whatsoever was kinda cool I guess. Being turned into a wolf for no reason was weird. And then the whole game from then on was weird and creepy, but awesome. I do remember them light tears though, holy frikking crud. We had a printed walkthrough of the game and we were glueing our eyes to that. No go. Still, great game ^^
PSMD was perfect, this probably applies to the other ones
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Over the years, I've come to realise that the plots of PMD games... aren't that great. Narm Charm much?

I mentioned Rise of the Guardians in the first post, but there's something else about it that I don't like.
Spoiler
Sandy's Disney Death. He comes back to life just as the night-mares are about to kill everyone... deus ex machina much?
[close]
Also, something I don't like in The LEGO Movie
I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but Finn sounds like his voice was overdubbed, and I watched it in English. The lip-syncing looks really off. Been a while since I watched that scene, though.
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on October 18, 2016, 09:47:41 PM
You missed a big one, E. Gadd.
@PACHINKO
[close]
Yeah, I didn't forget (much as I want to *shudders*) but I was talking about Blue Coin locations. But I'll go along with the statement that certain levels are excessively hard, too. @PoisonStormDrain
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

IM SO GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HATED THAT PINBALL SHINE SPRITE
In fact I still don't know if I have it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 20, 2016, 07:44:22 PMIM SO GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HATED THAT PINBALL SHINE SPRITE
In fact I still don't know if I have it
Definitely one of the most difficult Shines in the game, by a long shot.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nitro Indigo

TheJWittz put the pachinko machine on his list of hardest Mario levels, but I myself have never actually played Sunshine.

I really like Splatoon - in fact, it was my favourite video game for a short while - but what do I dislike about it? Well, I've never actually seen a rainmaker match in the rotation.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I can't tell if you love or hate League of Legends from that post alone, Braixen.

Maelstrom

Any time I can accurately predict the plot to the point where it's boring.

WaluigiTime64

Just a few:

Despite Mega Man 6 being my favourite Mega Man game, the sliding physics is kinda buggy in an annoying way.

Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith is extremely cruel with its extra-life gimmick.

Everything in Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism is really good, except for Stage 5, which is just a complete mess.

As much as I hate Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character, I will say that Shinmyoumaru's theme is really nice.

Screw that beetle from Donkey Kong 64.
Also Beaver Bother. That sucked too.

Lord Woo Fak Fak had the most annoying battle in Banjo Tooie.

I hate the original Super Mario Bros., but it suits my reckless playstyle really well.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on October 21, 2016, 06:29:27 PMDespite Mega Man 6 being my favourite Mega Man game, the sliding physics is kinda buggy in an annoying way.
Woo, Mega Man 6! Can't say it's my favorite if I choose to acknowledge every other Mega Man series, but it's my favorite of the Classic titles. Haven't played it in a while, so can you remind me what's up with the sliding?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

In zelda II, the without a doubt worst zelda game, I like how you can downward stab, it's super fun
unmotivated