LeviR.star's Arrangements - Finishing Off Dragon Quest (NES) ~ 2 New Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

399th

[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Dynablade's Nest"

[ZIP]

"Dynablade's Nest". There's tons more missing sheets from Kirby Super Star on the site, and I went with "Dynablade's Nest". Not "Mallow Castle", or "Milky Way Wishes", or, dare I even mention, "Heart of Nova", but "Dynablade's Nest". A two-measure sheet that I probably won't ever submit towards the normal cycle. What exactly have I gained by arranging this?

I've gained absolutely nothing. So enjoy! My next sheet, the big 400th, is gonna be much, much bigger.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

I'm so happy to finally bring you all this sheet! Here it is:

400th

[GCN] Kirby Air Ride - "Fantasy Meadows"

[ZIP]

I've been aiming to arrange this song for years, but I didn't even give it a shot until last night; blame this on my fear of tainting it. You see, the Special Edition package for Kirby's Dream Collection has a music CD that comes with it, and "Fantasy Meadows" is one of the selections from Kirby Air Ride (along with the ever-iconic "Fountain of Dreams" and "City Trial"). I've listened to this song for more minutes than I've played the game it's from, so you can understand why I felt it was my goal to bring it to the keyboard. Aside from a couple of spots like measures 36 or 46, I think the transcription process went alright, and the sheet's in a suitable enough shape that I think I'll submit it for the next round.

And lookie there! 400 sheets! I wasn't always sure I'd make it this far, but lo and behold, I'm still around, after roughly five years with this community. You guys are the best, and I don't think I'd trade the experiences I've had here for anything in the world (pardon me if I get a little cheesy). Here's to another hundred more!

With that, it's time to close. This is LeviR.star, signing off, saying to remember to...

... eeeeennnnjoy!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlueKirby

damn, what a great coincidence, you completing your 400th sheet not only on my birthday, but also from my favorite game?

just one issue, the LH is really quiet, almost unhearable beginning from m.2/3 all the way to m.32, at least on my end? its strange...
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

LeviR.star

Quote from: BlueKirby on December 29, 2021, 09:00:30 AMjust one issue, the LH is really quiet, almost unhearable beginning from m.2/3 all the way to m.32, at least on my end? its strange...

I'll look into that; sometimes I make the RH and LH separate channels, so I may have forgotten to make dynamic changes for the LH. Thanks for pointing that out!

LeviR.star

The law states that once I put out an ambitious sheet, I gotta follow it up with a bunch of puny ones. So declares the law!

[GBC] Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble

401st

Water Stage [ZIP]

402nd

Castle Stage [ZIP]

403rd

The End [ZIP]

Not sure why I keep coming back to arrange for this game. Its soundtrack is nothing spectacular: just several forgettable tunes along with a few tracks from Kirby's Dream Land sprinkled in here and there. Like Block Ball's music, it's never been officially remixed in another Kirby game, but Block Ball's music actually had a certain degree of sophistication to it. As a matter of fact, I'm inclined to call this the worst Kirby OST in history. So why is it that I'm putting together sheets from it, anyway? Preservation's sake, I suppose, and the unlikely chance someone out there enjoys this music. These won't be the last sheets I arrange from Tilt 'n' Tumble, so stay tuned if that's what you're into.

Also, take a look at my OP: I've rearranged it, so that the Donkey Kong section is merged with Super Mario's, and the SaGa, Super Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing sheets have all been moved to the Other section. I don't see myself doing enough arranging to justify entire sections dedicated to those franchises. Have a good night, and enjoy!

LeviR.star

Welcome back! It's now week one of...

Mega Man Thursdays!

*slow clap*

Thank you, thank you. Today, we're revisiting Mega Man IV to bring you a few short arrangements: two re-writes to replace the remaining brown ("bad") links, and three brand new ones that never got posted way back when. On with the sheets!

[GB] Mega Man IV

0th - 40th? (Re-Write)

Mega Man 4 Boss [ZIP]

404th

Stage Clear [ZIP]

405th

Dr. Wily Fanfare [ZIP]

46th (Re-Write)

Ballade [ZIP]

406th

All Stages Clear [ZIP]

We're getting closer to finishing this game! Obviously, eight robot master stage themes from its OST will be missing, as they're basically the same as they were in the NES games. Once I take care of arranging the title theme, the rest of the lot will be a lot trickier, but it's nothing I can't handle (or is it?). Join me, and together we can see to it that IV joins Dr. Wily's Revenge and III on my "completed" list! And by the way, Mega Man Thursdays will not continue, I regret to report.

Enjoy, folks! I have no idea what to bring you tomorrow.

LeviR.star

I slept in pretty late today, so with only a few hours left in the day, I needed to find a song that would be quick and easy to arrange, but still be longer than a fanfare.

Wouldn't you know it, I found the perfect choice!

407th

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Dr. Wily Stage 2"

[ZIP]

I only actually wrote five measures to arrange this. First, I transcribed the first four (copying-and-pasting the bass line each time,) then duplicated that much over and over, modulating the key upwards chromatically until I reached the very last bar, and then I transcribed that. It's an extremely repetitive song; sure, you could tell me that the stage select and menu themes from the Mega Man classic series are that way too, but this is a stage theme! And each loop is a minute and seventeen seconds long, too! I'll give it credit, though: it does compliment the rising tension from that point in the game. But did it really have to play for three Dr. Wily stages?

Have a happy New Year's Eve, and enjoy!

LeviR.star

Current state of mind
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

408th

[GB] Mega Man IV - "Dr. Light's Lab (Unused)"

[ZIP]

There are more unused tracks in Mega Man IV and V than anywhere else in the classic series; be sure to thank The Cutting Room Floor for providing us with this knowledge. This sheet marks the second unused track that I've covered for this game, leaving me with only two left. These tracks aren't bad, really, but I can see why they were replaced later in development. You can count on me finishing the remaining tracks' arrangements, too. Enjoy!

LeviR.star

I would have posted this nearly three years ago, had the first measure not brought me so much agony and frustration...

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[GB] Kirby's Pinball Land - "Boss"

[ZIP]

You may not remember, but the original version of this sheet is one of my oldest ever. I mean, just look at it! It's not hard to tell I made this very early on. This one is so outdated that I already had plans to replace it back in 2019. I moved the notes to a new template, cleaned up the transcription, and made some formatting adjustments. It was all ready to go, except for one minor issue: the first measure needed a cross-staff tremolo. I didn't know how to make one, so I reached out to Brassman; he directed me to the cross-staff plugin, and showed me the presets I needed to enter. By then I was even  closer to being finished, but another problem arose:

It mocks me
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

"What is that line?? Can I remove it? Cover it up? What?!?"

Eventually I got so frustrated that I gave up on the re-write altogether, and I haven't touched it since today. I'd like to give a shout-out to Bloop for helping me to resolve the cross-staff issue, who told me to just use the Note Mover Tool from now on, as it won't create that little line (which is a stem, apparently). Enjoy this re-done Kirby's Pinball Land sheet!

... but the "King Dedede" re-write will continue to haunt me...

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 10, 2016, 01:39:04 PMShall we play Breakout, gorge ourselves with sweets, or play soccer with Squishy?

Here's Kirby's Pinball Land's Bonus Game theme: [MUS]

1. The rhythm of the bass line notes in the second half of each measure (excluding the first) are sections I'm unsure of.
2. How's the tempo going?
3. Do I need more/less staccatos?

Thank you in advance for the feedback, which I will respond to as soon as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWvGs5hf_fQ&index=6&list=PL6F7B5E5BFECA1D16

Remember this? It's a throwback, that's for sure.

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[GB] Kirby's Pinball Land - "Bonus Game"

[ZIP]

I distinctly remember putting this sheet together back in Winter of 2016. It was on a Saturday, and I spent part of the day setting a couch up in our family's toy room, so I could play on my GameCube's Game Boy Player attachment; later in the evening, a friend of mine picked me up for a Christmas party, and I bored them to tears telling them about it. Ahh, those were the days, back when I had fewer responsibilities and didn't care where in life I was heading. Good times... anyway, enough reminiscing about high school. Enjoy the re-write!

P.S: Here's the PDF of the old sheet, in case you care to see how it once looked.

LeviR.star

Now that I'm working a day-to-day job again, I think I'll stick to replacing the brown sheets until my spring classes start. I might as well, since it's always been my promise to do so.

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[NES] Mega Man 4 - "Last Boss"

[ZIP]

This sheet (old version here) is another one of those with my lowest quality standards to date. Its problems include:

- inaccurate transcription
- overly demanding rhythms
- missing composer and arranger info
- non-existent formatting—you couldn't tell it was for NSM

... and on top of that, this is from my Finale NotePad era, so the repeat at the end doesn't even work. Yuck.

This is a sorta special song in one regard: it's the first theme exclusive to the final battle of a Mega Man game (introduced along with the Wily Capsule), and the successive entries would follow suit. That's pretty neat, I'd say, wouldn't you? Yes, let's pretend you would. It's better this way.

Enjoy! Expect another Mega Man re-write for tomorrow.

LeviR.star

"Wait, didn't he just arrange something like this last week?"

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 30, 2021, 09:15:06 PM[GB] Mega Man IV

0th - 40th? (Re-Write)

Mega Man 4 Boss [ZIP]

Why, yes, yes I did. Because both versions of it were sucky. Questions?

No? Then let's move on.

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[NES] Mega Man 4 - "Boss"

[ZIP]

Another thing I find amusing about my old NES/GB sheets is that one notation choice often ties them together: the third part is placed in its own staff, separate from the other two. Why did I do this? So I wouldn't have to worry about merging the parts on a single grand staff myself. As far as I was concerned at the time, that would be a task to undertake when I put the arrangement towards submissions (never mind one of my earliest subs, in which I didn't even put in enough effort to do that). Actually, come to think of it, the real reason might've been because I thought I needed full Finale in order to alternate between layers; I was wrong, you can do that in NopePad (as coined by ShyYoshiGuy). Here's the old "Boss".

Enjoy! Tomorrow I'll be replacing my last brown Mega Man 4 sheet, "Stage Select", so stay tuned!

LeviR.star

My feet hurt.

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[NES] Mega Man 4 - "Stage Select"

[ZIP]

There's some folks out there saying that this game's music has a distinctly "Russian" sound to it. Does it? I'm not sure, but I'm gonna find out someday. Maybe people only say this because we know that Dr. Cossack is the secondary antagonist and that his citadel is built on (presumably) Soviet soil, but I'm not at a point where I can deny the compositions reflect Russian repertoire. Instead, I'll leave it up for you guys to decide.

Here's the old version. Enjoy the re-write!

LeviR.star

I got so caught up playing Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door that I almost forgot to post today!

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[GB] Kirby's Dream Land 2 - "Dark Castle Map"

[ZIP]

Kirby's Dream Land 2 is tough to arrange for. I've always wanted to do "Coo's Theme", but I still don't know how to translate that to two voices, since the fast sixteenth arpeggios don't make for a great left hand part. Oh well... while I decide what to arrange from this game next, here's a map theme nobody remembers! Enjoy! (Here's the old sheet.)

LeviR.star

I've been playing far too much Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door...

0th - 40?? (Re-Write)

[GB] Kirby's Dream Land 2 - "Ripple Field Map"

[ZIP]

You know, I like the "Float Islands" theme from the original Kirby's Dream Land, it's a guaranteed classic. But I don't like how it's straight-up reused for the Ripple Field stage theme in this game, that seems sorta lazy to me. Maybe the composers were scrambling to finish their work on time, I don't know the ins and outs of 90s HAL Laboratory, but at least they put together an original map theme (not like they had a choice). Speaking of original map themes, here's the original version of this sheet; hooray, no transcription errors this time! Enjoy, folks, and I'll see you tomorrow for (hopefully) another Kirby re-write. I've got my eyes on my next victim...