I'm getting closer!

[GB] Mega Man II

164th

Stage Select, or my 50th Mega Man sheet! Woo! [ZIP]

165th

Stage Clear [ZIP]

166th

Stage Start [ZIP]

I finished these up pretty quickly, but I have put off posting them until today. My 6 year old sister wants to learn how to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe now, so I can't stick around for long. Stay tuned for more Mega Man II, and enjoy!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

165th

[ARCADE] Donkey Kong - "Music from Donkey Kong"

[TOPIC]

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 12, 2018, 06:50:38 PMFor most of the soundtrack: Donkey Kong (Arcade) - Zophar's Domain

For the unused themes: Donkey Kong (Arcade) - The Cutting Room Floor

166th

{JP}[BS-X] Satellaview BIOS - "Error Screen"

[ZIP]

167th

[SNES] Super NES Classic Edition BIOS - "Menu"

[ZIP]

... yea, you get it, I've been putting off posting these. I'll keep this short & sweet and just say "enjoy" for now, because I have homework to do. Goodnight, y'all.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

... and here they are!

168th

[GBA] Game Boy Advance BIOS - "Startup"

[ZIP]

169th

[ARCADE] Mario Bros. - "Music from Mario Bros."

[ZIP]

[PLAYLIST]

{JP}[BS-X] Satellaview BIOS

170th

Naming Screen

[ZIP]

171st

Title Screen

[ZIP]

Not much I can say about these, except for:

- "Startup" crashed Finale for not only me but for everyone else multiple times
- the two Satellaview BIOS sheets were challenges, but they're still easier than most of the rest
- I've got at least one more planned arcade compilation I can fix up quick, so stay tuned!

More sheets in progress. One is technically done, but I've had trouble getting feedback for it, so it may have to hold until I have submission slots open again. Enjoy! Now that Drama season is done, you may see a lot more coming here!

LeviR.star

169th

[Wii] Wii Channels - "Wii Shop Channel"

[TOPIC]

170th

[ARCADE] Donkey Kong Jr. - "Music from Donkey Kong Jr."

[TOPIC]

Donkey Kong Jr. (Arcade) - Zophar's Domain

171st

[GEN] Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle - "Janken Match Opening"

[ZIP]

[NES] Mega Man 2

172nd

Stage Start [ZIP]

173rd

Dr. Wily Stage Start [ZIP]

174th

*[NES] Mega Man 3 - "Top Man Stage (Replacement)"

[ZIP]

Q: Do I have anything to say about these sheets?

A: Yes.

Q: Am I going to say it now?

A: No.

Q: Will I try better in the future to post one sheet at a time, after each is finished?

A: Most likely.

Sebastian

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on June 24, 2018, 11:42:05 AMKeep up the active and great work.  8)

Thanks so much, Seb!

I'm baaaack.

175th

[GB] Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - "Original Sin"

[ZIP]

My third Castlevania sheet; I've caught interest in the series lately, especially towards the games with the signature "classic"-styled games before those that defined the "Metroidvania" genre. Tobbeh99 has arranged most of the OST from this game already in his PA topic, but he, for some reason, did not have this song already done, making this the only stage theme from the game that I can solely contribute to. The thumb-pinky volley in the LH didn't sound as nice as I had hoped, but it's the best playable option I have to substitute a repeating 16ths pattern. Aside from that, this was a pretty easy song, and I especially loved the opportunity to switch to an obscure 9/8 time sig towards the end of the song. Enjoy! There will be more Castlevania sheets on the way, (not so sure about ones from the Symphony-esque games, but we'll see. We will see.)

LeviR.star

176th

*[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Cross Your Heart (Replacement)"

[ZIP]

More Castlevania! This here's an old game made after the first two NES titles in the series, and before the third, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. I think it's safe to say that at this point, Konami didn't know what direction to take, which is why we got this -- a frustratingly difficult, needlessly edgy product of horror parody. Music was still good, (as with most "bad" games we NSMers describe) and this song was no exception. After seeing how horrifying the current on-site sheet of it looked, I attempted to take matters into my own hands, and I think the final product turned out nicely. Bass rhythm in the 2nd and 3rd sections is a little iffy, because the percussion often overlaps, but I think I have it right. This is also the first sheet of mine with a third layer, (see m. 6 & 8,) but it worked great. Enjoy! I have decided to submit this. Second sheet still pending.

Sebastian

Nice sheet!

I have a comment for M. 3 & 4. You can flip the sixteenths notes up. The LH note extending into the top staff is clashing with those notes.

Keep up the great arranging.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on July 09, 2018, 05:38:40 AMI have a comment for M. 3 & 4. You can flip the sixteenths notes up. The LH note extending into the top staff is clashing with those notes.

Noted; fixed.

Quote from: Sebastian on July 09, 2018, 05:38:40 AMNice sheet!
Keep up the great arranging.

Thanks so much, Seb! I'll try!

LeviR.star

177th

[GBA] Super Mario Advance - "Stage Theme 1 (Mario Bros. Classic)"

[ZIP]

I went through and gathered up most of my unfinished sheets, both old and recent, and this was the first to see light again. I remember going to see Finding Dory the same night I started this, as well as officially finishing Kirby: Planet Robobot, so this sheet is a good 2 years old.

This is as far as it got...
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Not sure why I never finished; either it was because I wasn't in the mood, or because I didn't know how to insert tremolos at the time. But here it is! Given that Stage Theme 2 is just an Underground remix, I most likely won't be covering it. But stay tuned for more old new sheets! Enjoy!

EDIT: This, as it turns out, is my 75th game! Let's hear it for variety!

LeviR.star

Another sheet that's long overdue

178th

[NDS] Yoshi's Island DS - "Castle & Fortress"

[ZIP]

Come this September, this orignal draft will be 2 years old. I remember the night I started it; I went to see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children with a new girl (we're just friends now).

I hope you're not afraid of ledger lines...
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

I have nearly 20 unfinished sheets in my recently-formed "Unfinished Sheets" folder, and plan to work through them the best I can. Some are actually very close to being completed (spoilers: expect some Mario Kart soon!)

Also, I just went through and updated my OP. You will now see that Dedicated Games with 1 sheet have their own category, and Donkey Kong games have their own tab (including the questionable Mario vs. Donkey Kong precursor, Donkey Kong '94!)

And congrats to Yoshi's Island DS for being my 15th Mario game! (now that I've had to take some out, that is). That's all for tonight. Enjoy!

Brassman388

Looks good for the most part, but I have a few suggestions.

With some of the thirds like in measure 10, 11, 14, and 15, there are a few that are written correctly if you want to keep the accidentals streamlined, but aren't if there's a sort of pattern that has been developing from the start.  What I mean is, there is no real key center, therefore using just sharps or flats isn't really necessary I feel. What you want to do is keep the continuity of the major third. So, where you have awkward diminished fourths, go a head and change them back to a major third. While it may look a little strange at first, once the performer gets the idea that a cluster of thirds is consistently major, they'll get the hang of it.

Secondly, I would I would establish what the jobs of the left and right staffs are. What exactly the left and right hand are responsible for. You can designate the right hand most of the melodic lines the in higher octaves, and can also notate it simply with your clefs. There's an option in the clef tools where there's a tiny "8" above the treble clef. Tenors in modern choral music use this clef, but instead the "8" is below the clef, telling them that everything is sounded an octave below. It can be effective if the 8va's become abundant.

Try those things, and let me know how it turns out.

LeviR.star

And further fixing, discussion, and thanking happened through Discord messaging...

And now for my first Kirby sheet since December 30th!

179th

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Grass Land 1"

[ZIP]

This was yet another unfinished sheet; the only reason I didn't complete this in one go was because I wasn't really feeling motivated the day I started it. It sounds a little empty starting at m. 11, (not to mention the complete lack of percussion changed the feel of the sheet) but trying to incorporate the missing voice wasn't worth it, so I stuck to what the L.H. could handle, and everything else turned out fine.

I hope to do more DL3 sheets eventually (and if so, my next will be either Grass Land map or Grass Land 4). I've decided not to reveal my upcoming Mario Kart sheets until I submit them next (month?) Anyway, enjoy, and toodles!

LeviR.star

180th

[MUL] Mega Man 9 - "Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxy Man Stage)"

[ZIP]

This one isn't incredibly old, but that doesn't mean I finished it in one go.

Anyway, while I'm disappointed that there was an occasional part that had to be left out, (or some part that could replace the bass, but would beg too much of the L.H.,) I'm satisfied with how this sheet turned out overall. This is one of my personal Mega Man 9 favorites, and I'm glad I could finish it. Not sure which one will be next, but expect more from this game... eventually. Enjoy! There will be another update coming tomorrow evening!

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 01, 2018, 08:49:24 PMThere will be another update coming tomorrow evening! Sunday afternoon!

Ftfm

181st

[GB] Mario's Picross - "Puzzle Theme 2"

[ZIP]

Oh, this song has been done for weeks. Finished my first draft on July 11th, in fact; however, there weren't any slurs and the playback was screwy, so I put off polishing and posting this.

I started playing Picross NP Vol. 3 (untranslated) on Snes9x EX+ on my phone during lifeguard breaks (as if lifeguarding needed that many breaks), and heard this version of the song. I didn't know it was from Mario's Super Picross, nor did I know it had its origins on the Game Boy original, so had I not known, I'd be posting the NP version of the song here instead. Simple song; not as upbeat (tempo-wise) as the SNES version, but good enough for me. I'm not one to arrange for simple remixes. Enjoy listening to the jarring GB-sounding version while trying to focus on a puzzle.

P.S: My OP has been, once again, updated! Some changes include:

- listed the 14 covered consoles in the Key
- switched yellow to gold so on-site sheet titles can now be read properly
- transferred my deleted sheets to the bottom of the post (as they don't count towards my total)
- re-clarified some things in the Key (stop checking my 2-year-old sheets, THC!)

Toodles! Next will be another unfinished sheet!