LeviR.star's Arrangements - Finishing Off Dragon Quest (NES) ~ 2 New Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

4 old but finally finished sheets incoming

182nd

[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Nintendo WFC Menu"

[TOPIC]

I don't normally do calm, relaxed songs like this, but this sheet was definitely worth the patience. Even better, it's currently getting a slight makeover in submissions, which makes me happy.

183rd

[GCN] Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - "Circuit" (Replacement)

[TOPIC]

Hoo boy, this one took a long time, too. It sounded empty without a whistle part, so I thought, "Why not? I'll add one in." Checking chords and revising for consistency took much longer than everything else, but I'm glad it's done and on its way to the site.

[NES] Mega Man 4

184th

Dr. Wily Stage 1 [ZIP]

I didn't finish this right away, due to playability concerns, but I later moved notes around and got over it. I tried to make this sheet as accurate, as well as unique, as possible, so I hope you like it!

185th

Password [ZIP]

Here's a nearly 1 1/2 year-old one. I hate almost everything about this tune, but hey, it's Mega Man, so it's on my list. Take it!

That's all for today. I have two more nearly-completed sheets on the way; I just need help from a couple of people first. Toodles!

P.S: While updating the OP, I noticed my character limit had finally maxed out. So, I moved all the sheets in the "Other" category down to the next post (as well as kept the original 2 year-old post intact in quote form) Also, I now have an extra dedicated spot for my two current submissions, which can be found in the Key. This has been your regular OP maintenance message.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

186th

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Grass Land Map"

[ZIP]

This is actually the third draft; the first two were so old they weren't even in swing tempo or my newest template. You can probably guess what those looked like.

This was a piece of cake. "Grass Land 4" will be the next sheet from this game (but, unfortunately, it will not be a dessert.) Just stay tuned. I'm still waiting on help on some sheets, so it's hard to tell which ones I'll be sharing next.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

CELEBRATION TIME!

Thanks to Sebastian and the Latios212 through the Arranger-Focused Projects Initiative, I was not only able to finish my arrangement of the entire Castlevania: The Adventure soundtrack before the end of summer, but also have my own update dedicated to it! This is something I've wanted ever since I joined the site (back when I was going hard at Kirby's Block Ball [which I'll get back to eventually]), but I'm glad I've had a chance to learn before I was able to do this. I haven't felt this accomplished since the Full-Blown Balloon Kid Arrangement Project I did last year.

Enjoy this sheets! I had a lot of fun with all of them (except Evil Devil), and I hope you have just as much fun listening to them and discovering this wonderful OST!

(Sorry these was a little late)
★★[GB] Castlevania: The Adventure

127th (Re-Write)

Battle of the Holy

187th

Kill! Kill! Kill!

188th

Darkness

189th

Death Fair

190th

Revenge

191st

Gate to Hell

192nd

Evil Devil

193rd

Theme from "The Legend of Dracula" & Reprise

194th

Miscellaneous Short Themes

I don't have videos for all 7 of these, so I'll just list them:

- Start
- Stage Clear
- Miss
- Game Over
- Boss Appears
- Pause
- 1-Up
[close]

P.S: New OP rule: I will now consider sheets that have been in the last 3 PA updates "new", instead of the last 3 sheets. Also, a new category for completed on-site OSTs has been added. This has been your regular OP maintenance message.

P.P.S: I re-counted, and it turns out that "Miscellaneous Short Themes" is my 100th Game Boy sheet! (which means exactly half of my sheets are GB as of August 30th, 2018.) A lot more are on the way; hang in there!

LeviR.star

Hello there! Did you happen to know that the oldest uploaded sheets on this site are under the first Mega Man game? Believe me, check them out and not just the .pdf URLs will show proof. Just the other day, I remembered I had several unshared Mega Man replacements from an arrangement project under Latios212 and Sebastian that never really made it anywhere, so I polished them up so they were up to my current standards, whipped up Bomb and Cut Man replacements, and voilà! Excluding Fire and Elec Mans' sheets by Yugi(kun) and Dudeman, respectively, every Mega Man sheet now has its own replacement! (not submitted, but still.) I feel a little strange taking on replacing a bit of NSM history, but everyone has said that relics like these have got to go.

More notes below with their respective sheets! Enjoy!

The Mega Man (1) Replacement Project
[NES] Mega Man

0th - 40th? (Re-Write)

Stage Select (Replacement) [ZIP]

Among my first unordered 40 sheets was a replacement for "Stage Select", but now the only place you can find it is here, in case you're interested. Not sure if my first replacement was actually better than the on-site version, but the important thing is that with this newer version, neither old sheet matters anymore. Repeats 3 times for your convenience!

195th

Cut Man Stage [ZIP]

Had to make sacrifices for this one. Exhibit A: The middle voice is absent in the repeated section, to accommodate for playability. Exhibit B: The bass line rhythm was altered to, wait for it, also accommodate for playability. But other than that, this turned out alright, methinks.

196th

Bomb Man Stage [ZIP]

This one took the longest, but is fortunately more accurate than the above sheet. This is one of my replacements improvising upon the triangle sections (seen in places like m. 4 and the last measure) so that they don't sound completely empty. This also took the longest because it's Bomb Man Stage. Have fun figuring out those accidentals!

197th

Game Over [ZIP]

Originally arranged in 4/4 normal time, then 4/4 half-time, then 2/4 half-time, until I changed it back to keep it the same as the original sheet in order to make the grace notes in m. 2 work.

198th

Dr. Wily Stage 1 [ZIP]

My older draft of this was something strange. Sebastian helped fix a few things, but neither of us noticed the rhythm wasn't correctly notated as triplets at the second half of each measure throughout almost the whole song. Thankfully, several months ago WaluigiTime64 pointed this out, and I finally fixed it up the other day, and managed to fit everything on one page. The first Dr. Wily Stage theme brings memories of when I bought and beat the game the same day I made honor band several years ago, so I'm glad it's done!

199th

Dr. Wily Stage Boss [ZIP]

This song has a 99% chance of making you spam Select with Thunder Beam to scam Yellow Devil out of a fair fight. Jokes aside, I simplified the middle voice rhythm so the playability wasn't as demanding as it already is right now. Hope it can still be enjoyable.

200th

Dr. Wily Stage 2 [ZIP]

Huh? What's that, you say? My 200th sheet?

... honestly, this snuck up on me. I didn't notice this until I was updating my OP.

Notes first, speech later! There were a couple of spots were hands overlapped a little, so I notated where appropriate, and tried to forget how much listening to the first sheet bugged me. That is all for notes! If you read all of them, my hat goes off to you!
[close]

Thanks to everyone who helped me accumulate 100 more sheets in a little over a year! Arranging gives me something to do, and something to think about, and I'm glad it's a skill I could learn from others (not to mention I think it's fun.) With my senior year starting, along with the school musical just around the corner, I won't be able to update as often as I have been this summer, but I'll be spending my free time working on future submissions, and shorter, simpler sheets. Thanks for coming, and, as always...

Enjoy!

LeviR.star

In regards to the transcription process, the title is misleading.

201st

[GB] Kirby's Star Stacker - "Easy"

[ZIP]

Yet another long-unfinished sheet; this one was started in the treble line and worked on until I realized that I couldn't hear the bass hardly at all, halting my progress. But all was not lost for too long; thanks to Dudeman's magic, I was able to listen to a separated bass line, when I realized just how intricately Mr. Ishikawa and Mr. Ando composed and programmed this game's music into a Game Boy cartridge. Seriously, take a listen on this soundtrack. This is my only sheet so far with separate dynamics for each hand, (which is something I've often avoided so far.) And, I might add, this is my 50th Kirby sheet, so it seems I've been reaching a lot of milestones lately.

I have a few other completed sheets that I'm holding off on posting, in order to decide on which 2 to submit when the time comes. Clues on a few of the games for those who don't know:

- a late 80's handheld RPG labeled under a franchise everyone knows about for marketing
- a gory arcade beat 'em up with a surprisingly emotional ending
- an NES action platformer with its own 2-season Netflix series

That's all for tonight. Enjoy!

LeviR.star

I've finally lowered the sheet count in my Unfinished Sheets folder to a max of 10, allowing me to make new ones for once!

202nd

[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Options Menu"

[ZIP]

As it turns out, this is currently the only Super Mario game in my PA with more than one sheet. I plan to add more, (which happen to be a bit more ambitious) so (you know what's coming) stay tuned!

This short song gave me some opportunity to experiment with chords, and I think what came out turned out alright. Not too many problems with including the midvoice this time around.

That's all I've got, since this one took so little time. Enjoy!

LeviR.star

0th - 40th? (Re-Write)

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "File Select"

[ZIP]

If you ever want to see my awful previous draft, here it is. The "File Select" replacement had been dormant in my Kirby 64 folder for quite some time, until THC suggested several weeks back that I revamp it, so here we are.

203rd

[NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra - "Spring Breeze Title"

[ZIP]

"Spring Breeze Title" was remixed for Kirby's Dream Collection's title screen, and I should note that while it's a remix of the original Kirby's Dream Land title screen, an entire new section was added to the song for Spring Breeze's title screen (not to mention any title music for Spring Breeze in the SNES version was utterly absent.) This one didn't take nearly that long, but I eventually had to download an .mp3 for AudioStretch to check a couple of harmonies.

These are also the first sheets of mine to incorporate "https" in the URL, per Deku's special announcement, so hooray for inconsistency with my sheets! Enjoy.

LeviR.star

204th

[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - "Wiggler's Sleepy Time"

[ZIP]

(Yes, I know what the YouTube title says, but I'm telling you now that I don't always trust GilvaSunner's track names)

My brother recently started re-playing this game the other day, and he demonstrated using the Trumpet to wake up Wiggler at the beginning of World 3. This brought my attention to the soft lullaby keeping Wiggler asleep, which I never remembered too vividly before, but now instantly wanted to translate to solo piano. This song uses the same motif from "Here Wiggler Is", "Can't Catch Me" and "Rowdy, Wiggler Segment Battle", interestingly.

Anyway, like Eerie Hotel from Paper Mario: Color Splash, this song is played as a music box tune, so glissandos are a major part of the sheet. Accidentals were initially a problem, but I had a suggestion to go with chromatic neighboring tunes, so I think everything worked out well. There are a few slight ritardandos here and there, but the tune remains at 70 bpm (a very slow tempo for a sheet of mine) for most of the loop.

This game has a wonderful sountrack, and I hope now that after 2 years of arranging I can challenge my skill level with a few more songs from this game. Enjoy this for now, and stay tuned tomorrow for a Castlevania series sheet! (one that's been collecting dust for about a week, actually, but no matter)

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 01, 2018, 07:20:02 PMI've finally lowered the sheet count in my Unfinished Sheets folder to a max of 10, allowing me to make new ones for once!

202nd

[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Options Menu"

[ZIP]

As it turns out, this is currently the only Super Mario game in my PA with more than one sheet. I plan to add more, (which happen to be a bit more ambitious) so (you know what's coming) stay tuned!

This short song gave me some opportunity to experiment with chords, and I think what came out turned out alright. Not too many problems with including the midvoice this time around.

That's all I've got, since this one took so little time. Enjoy!

Late but Mario Kart DS has a handful of really snazzy non-racing themes like these menu ones that I'm really happy to see ^^

Also dang you have a backlog of sheets to finish... and you actually finish them, that's impressive. I can't even begin to count the number of sheets I've started and then abandoned indefinitely haha
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

In case you were only paying to this topic of mine, then I assure you that no, I am not dead.

Here are all of the sheets I made before and after the Oklahoma! and Iowa All-State Band auditions (which I both made). I apologize in advance, but I'm going to have to make this as brief as possible.

205th

[GB] Castlevania Legends - "Epilogue"

[ZIP]

206th

[GB] The Final Fantasy Legend - "Fight"

[ON-SITE]

207th

[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Can't Wait Until Night"

[ON-SITE]

208th

[ARCADE] Splatterhouse - "Ending"

[ON-SITE]

Around this time (November 5th) our fall musical, Oklahoma!, was finished, and I was done playing Ali Hakim. These are all of the sheets that followed.

My Deltarune contributions!
209th

[PC] Deltarune - "Empty Town"

[TOPIC]

210th

[PC] Deltarune - "Don't Forget"

[ZIP]

211th

[PC] Deltarune - "Susie"

[ZIP]

212th

[PC] Deltarune - "I'm Very Bad"

[ZIP]

213th

[PC] Deltarune - "Beginning"

[ZIP]

214th

[PC] Deltarune - "Imminent Death"

[ZIP]

215th

[PC] Deltarune - "The Circus"

[ZIP]

[close]

216th

[ARCADE] Vs. Ice Climber - "Bonus Stage"

[ZIP]

217th

[N64] Super Smash Bros. - "Character Select" (Replacement)

[ZIP]

218th

[NES] Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - "Monster Dance" (Replacement)

[ZIP]

219th

[NES] Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - "Dwelling of Doom"

[ZIP]

I'd love to go in-depth about how I went about arranging each of the sheets, but I've fallen so far behind I haven't got the time to do that for all of them. So for now, enjoy. I'm going to try to get back to regularly updating this.

Enjoy. Please.

LeviR.star

Why haven't I done this one sooner

220th

[3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - "Catching Ghosts 1"

[ZIP]

Short sheet for today. It was, though, extremely conveniently-timed, as we have recently started talking about 7th chords in my three-person Music Theory class. After identifying the 16th runs as diminished 7ths, I re-evaluated my accidental spellings and fixed them up. Hope you enjoy this short, yet extremely catchy piece!

P.S: Don't try to tell me this one can't be played.

LeviR.star

This one ought to look familiar...

221st

[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Miscellaneous Short Themes"

[TOPIC]

Note: There is a eerie line of soft notes that plays when you are transported through a mystical portal in Stage 3, but I couldn't find any sources for it, so it's probably not even a structured song.

If anyone knows of any sound effects I'm missing from this game, or is actually aware of what the "Unknown" fanfare is used for, please let me know in the submission topic above.

Enjoy!

P.S: As of our latest update, I now have over 50 sheets on the site. Whether or not this calls for celebration is up to you guys.

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 19, 2018, 12:59:15 PMP.S: As of our latest update, I now have over 50 sheets on the site. Whether or not this calls for celebration is up to you guys.

I think it's cause for celebration; well done!  Onwards to 100! ;)

LeviR.star

222nd

[GB] The Final Fantasy Legend - "Requiem"

[ZIP]

Another song from this underrated soundtrack (but I say that for almost all of my games, don't I?)

This one was very simple (took less than 10 minutes), and I'm surprised at how well it translated to the keyboard. I know I'm bound to arrange a majority of the soundtrack, so I'll just post them one by one (so that they don't pile up in my unshared files). Any feedback is always appreciated. Ehn-joi.

LeviR.star

223rd

[NES] Ninja Gaiden (NES) - "Unbreakable Determination"

[ZIP]

.., yea, you already know why.

Questions?

enjoy.