News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Which Remixes Really Annoy You?

Started by LeviR.star, November 22, 2016, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dekkadeci on November 26, 2016, 05:03:16 AM(FYI, regular Famicom 8-bit music has only 3 music channels, a noise channel, and DPCM, but the popularly-used-by-remixers Konami VRC6 chip adds 3 more music channels. IMO, I believe the Shovel Knight OST legitimized Konami VRC6 as 8-bit music (yes, the OST uses that chip).)
Oh, I've never heard about this chip before. That explains quite a bit, although the idea of chiptune "remixes" still bothers me. Chiptune "versions" or "arrangements" are fine, but remixes are where it starts to go eh.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Oh yeah, VRC6 remixes are hella good. Specifically for you, Waluigi, here's a link to the bandcamp of a guy who does total soundtrack remixes of the classic Mega Man games with the VRC6 chip. They're awesome.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on November 26, 2016, 10:47:21 AMSpecifically for you, Waluigi, here's a link to the bandcamp of a guy who does total soundtrack remixes of the classic Mega Man games with the VRC6 chip. They're awesome.
Man, I haven't heard a good chiptune song in ages. I needed this.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Double post, because I completely forgot about this:

I guess I have heard the chip being used before.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 26, 2016, 06:11:38 PMDouble post, because I completely forgot about this:

I guess I have heard the chip being used before.

My gosh, that bootleg game 7 Grand Dad and Vinesauce ruined that game's reputation.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Even official  remixes can be really bad:

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Yikes! I thought Smash Bros. was supposed to have GOOD remixes!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 28, 2016, 04:17:22 AMYikes! I thought Smash Bros. was supposed to have GOOD remixes!

Like this, perhaps?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

DS

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 26, 2016, 08:25:16 PMEven official  remixes can be really bad:
Wait, that was remixed by Yoko Shimomura? How could she digress to something like that XD

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sir Dino

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 28, 2016, 04:17:22 AMYikes! I thought Smash Bros. was supposed to have GOOD remixes!
No no, I think you meant to say they have good *remakes

E. Gadd Industries

Oh yeah, that's right...
Although, I can't help but think SSB had at least ONE good remix...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]