Climate Change and Global Warming

Started by Tobbeh99, November 27, 2016, 04:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

So far this is the best thing I've missed, but I've still got a lot to go through
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LuxraySpiral

I hardly use these forums, but I see something about global warming, so I have to post. (It's also 2 am)

Firstly, I think the term "global warming" is slightly misleading. Sure, the average temperature is rising, but that doesn't mean that the temperature is rising at the same rate all across the globe. We should start using "climate change" instead, because there's no confusion that, right?

Secondly, I do think climate change is real. Frequently in the news, we hear record breaking blizzards, storms, droughts and heat waves. And it's not just in the news either, I'm sure we've all noticed odd weather like snowing in April one year, then hitting 30 degrees in another. All of this comes under the umbrella term "climate change", and it's pretty hard to deny.

Lastly, on earth, there has definitely been periodic ice-ages, and periods between. This does not, however, mean that the rise in average temperature is solely due to this. It has been about 20000 years since the previous major ice age, and temperatures have risen by about 5 degrees C in that amount of time. However, just in the past century or so alone, the temperature has risen by 1 degrees C. It's pretty easy to see an acceleration, don't you think?
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Splatoon Inkling

The climate is always changing and we do not need to worry about it. God is in charge. And he promised in genie is 9:11 that he will never allow the earth to flood again and have us the rainbow in memory of that. Gen 9:11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." the climate change is not making the ocean rise. I'm fact the earth is getting cooler because of this and there is starting to be too little carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

SlowPokemon

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on July 13, 2018, 03:08:09 PMThe climate is always changing and we do not need to worry about it. God is in charge. And he promised in genie is 9:11 that he will never allow the earth to flood again and have us the rainbow in memory of that. Gen 9:11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." the climate change is not making the ocean rise. I'm fact the earth is getting cooler because of this and there is starting to be too little carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
lemme stop ya right there

During the first semester of my sophomore year at college (a very religious college, mind you), I took a religion class that was centered around the subject of Christian duty to the environment; it was taught by a guy named Chris Doran. This is his book (don't know why it's so expensive, but it's probably still worth it). A big part of the book is about Christians who do and say stuff reflective of the mentality in your post in order to deflect responsibility from their own actions, and how in the end, it's basically our responsibility to take proper care of the earth, and not neglect/abuse the environment just because we think God is some magical genie who's going to make everything right for us. I suggest you read it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

There's nothing I hate more than when people think they know everything because they're Them and they have Their Beliefs and that makes them Right

We're all guilty of it to some degree but people who grandstand about it are exceptionally obnoxious

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 13, 2018, 05:29:43 PMlemme stop ya right there

During the first semester of my sophomore year at college (a very religious college, mind you), I took a religion class that was centered around the subject of Christian duty to the environment; it was taught by a guy named Chris Doran. This is his book (don't know why it's so expensive, but it's probably still worth it). A big part of the book is about Christians who do and say stuff reflective of the mentality in your post in order to deflect responsibility from their own actions, and how in the end, it's basically our responsibility to take proper care of the earth, and not neglect/abuse the environment just because we think God is some magical genie who's going to make everything right for us. I suggest you read it.
I'm not saying we don't have to take care of the earth we really do but GOD gave us things to take care of them but I think the environmentalists have gone a bit to far with global warming.

Dude

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on July 13, 2018, 03:08:09 PMAnd he promised in genie is 9:11 that....
>genie is

I can't take this seriously.

Splatoon Inkling

I am sorry for going a bit overboard with the climate change argument and made some people mad can you forgive me for that?

E. Gadd Industries

Hello, I believe you joined while I was out for the week, so welcome to NinSheetMusic!

But uh... more on-topic, you gotta remember that we all have our own beliefs, and especially on Internet forums like this one, there will be a great variance in the different viewpoints people have on certain issues. Climate change is no different. Climate change is ESPECIALLY no different.

But with that also being said, while it's good to express your opinion, sometimes it's even better to practice restraint. This would've been a good example of when to do the latter, as the thread already has several pages to its name. A reading through the thread would also have shown how... ah... heated this particular topic has been in the past here. And would've ideally caused you to think twice about posting, you know what I'm saying?

But that's just my two cents, take from it what you will.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

I can't wait for god to reverse climate change

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on July 13, 2018, 06:24:43 PMI'm not saying we don't have to take care of the earth we really do but GOD gave us things to take care of them but I think the environmentalists have gone a bit to far with global warming.
Now, now there, you're definitely backpedaling. You said this here:
Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on July 13, 2018, 03:08:09 PMThe climate is always changing and we do not need to worry about it.
That definitely makes me think you were saying what I thought you were saying.

and it isn't like climate change is some environmentalist conspiracy
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Splatoon Inkling

Guys I'm gonna quite the arguments in here. I'm sorry for offending anyone with them but I just went to far. Will you forgive me?