News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [MUL] Final Fantasy XV - "Apocalypsis Noctis" by DS

Started by Zeta, December 08, 2016, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy XV
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Apocalypsis Noctis
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: DS

DS

DS

I also used the footage past 51:27 to find some notes and stuff:

DS

Lastly, there needs to be a trill added from measures 60-62, but I can't use Finale notepad for my life so if someone could help me out and just stick one in there that'd be great :P

BTW should I also somehow specify that this game is for Xbox One?

P.P.S. Can I somehow change my arranger name to "DS" for this submission and the other two that I've got up on the site under "David Sylvester"?

Maelstrom

Bespinben

Umm...

You probably felt stuck in this situation, since the meter prevents a clef change, and throwing the chords to the treble staff would be nearly just as bad because of the 8va. You have two other options: (1) use a *graphic* double whole note for the sustained bass [not recommended], and use clef changes, or; (2) get rid of the ottava altogether, and THEN cross-staff the chords into the treble staff. A high A above the treble, prepared by scalar motion, is much easier to read than ultra high bass clef chords.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Please, please swap the 2nd layer with the first wherever the first is below the 2nd. It will fix so many of the formatting errors you have right now.

DS

Crap, for some reason Finale keeps crashing on me whenever I try to change something (it's giving me this "Unhandled Exception Caught" message). Might take a while to figure out, I'mma just send this over to the guys at the Finale layout thread...

DS

I just bumped the layout thread, so we'll see what happens with that

DS

DS

Maelstrom

DS

OK, I'mma get back on my game on this.

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 01, 2017, 01:51:07 PMToo many ledger lines.
Try something fancy like this:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2933

But I was just told by Bespinben that:

Quote from: Bespinben on December 08, 2016, 06:00:28 PM(2) get rid of the ottava altogether, and THEN cross-staff the chords into the treble staff. A high A above the treble, prepared by scalar motion, is much easier to read than ultra high bass clef chords.

So which one should I do?

Brassman388

Looks like you may need to cut some notes as well as dropping some of the alto voiced chords into the tenor ranges. That's a lot of work, but it may be necessary to keep the arrangement playable.

Edit: Try something like what I did to the first 16 bars.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36750916/Apocalypsis%20edit1.mus

Tobbeh99

I think it's unnecessary with a 3-staff. I think Ben's idea is fine. But you could polish it up a bit. By flipping the slur on beat 4 m.58, so it's above the notes instead of below the notes.
And you could also make all the 2nd layer chords aligned with the 1st layer notes above. Now the 2nd layer notes, from m.55, is misaligned with the higher 1st layer notes. Use the "Note position Tool" in "Special Tools" and right-click on the box and press "remove manual adjustments" to fix that.

Also flip the stem-direction of the LH note in m.58. Doesn't make any sense that it is facing downwards in m.58 but not in m.57.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh