News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Call for New Updaters!

Started by Olimar12345, June 16, 2017, 07:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Greetings all! The updating staff is looking to add one updater to the team. This time we'll be trying something a little different though: rather than having us reach out to individuals, we'd like interested individuals to contact us. We would like to see if anyone here would be interested in helping out with sheet-reviewing and site updating (yes, the dirty work!). Keep in mind though, the things we would be looking for include some of the following:

-General free time to spend helping others
-A fair background of music theory/aural skills (you don't have to be a doctoral student at a university, simply being in school band or orchestra (etc.) would suffice. you're always learning/improving!)
-familiarity of the NSM formatting standards
-A higher version of finale would be extremely useful. You'll need something Printmusic or higher to be efficient.
-Willingness to work with others and communicate in a group chat (discord, skype, etc.)

If this sounds right up your alley or even think it is something you could see yourself doing, shoot me a PM (cc Latios, Maelstrom, Static, Bespinben, JDMEK5). We'll probably leave this topic up for a week or two to gauge interest before making any decisions. Disclaimer: there is no guarantee that we will add someone. We might also add no one; we're just interested in seeing who would be interested out there.

Remember: THIS IS NOT A CONTEST. We aren't looking for the "best arranger of all time," and this isn't just a chance to win a fancy forum title (although they are pretty fancy...). This is more of a chance to grow as a musician through analysis as well as working with others wishing to grow/improve in the same way.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

I nominate King Sammer

There, I got the obligatory joke post out of the way.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

This is an interesting way of doing things.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 16, 2017, 07:01:11 PM-General free time to spend helping others
Hopefully.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 16, 2017, 07:01:11 PM-A fair background of music theory/aural skills (you don't have to be a doctoral student at a university, simply being in school band or orchestra (etc.) would suffice. you're always learning/improving!)
Yep.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 16, 2017, 07:01:11 PM-familiarity of the NSM formatting standards
Yep.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 16, 2017, 07:01:11 PM-Willingness to work with others and communicate in a group chat (discord, skype, etc.)
Definitely.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 16, 2017, 07:01:11 PM-A higher version of finale would be extremely useful. You'll need something Printmusic or higher to be efficient.
Nope. Bye lol.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on June 16, 2017, 07:05:16 PMI nominate King Sammer

There, I got the obligatory joke post out of the way.

Can we nominate more than one person, if anyone at all?

If so, I nominate Sebastian, mastersuperfan, and Zeila.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 16, 2017, 07:08:14 PMCan we nominate more than one person, if anyone at all?

If you read the original post, we aren't nominating others via replies here. If a member is interested they should send a pm.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I think if the community feels certain members would make for good updaters they should be able to field their opinions here. Said members should still apply via PM if interested, of course.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 16, 2017, 07:11:00 PMI think if the community feels certain members would make for good updaters they should be able to field their opinions here. Said members should still apply via PM if interested, of course.

Oh, certainly. His post just made it sound like he thought we were asking for nominations: "can we nominate more than one... etc."

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 16, 2017, 07:13:34 PMOh, certainly. His post just made it sound like he thought we were asking for nominations

Oh, no no no, I read the post; I just thought that if potential updaters were nervous about joining the team, they'd need some motivation from their peers.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

I'm lazy, so this isn't a good fit for me
otherwise heck yeah
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Olimar12345-A higher version of finale would be extremely useful. You'll need something Printmusic or higher to be efficient.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on June 16, 2017, 07:07:33 PMNope. Bye lol.
Aww dangit. If we're putting forth names, I'll back Zeila and Sebastian.
innit

Olimar12345

*Friendly reminder that reading is hard yo

AmpharosAndy

innit

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

Thank you for your input everyone! To the archive!