The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Official Wind Waker Project

Started by Latios212, December 28, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piano Psychopath

Mid https://www.dropbox.com/s/62l8rtemh8ucok7/Jalhalla_Appears.mid?dl=0
pdf https://www.dropbox.com/s/yp39ita08ei2zvo/Jalhalla_Appears.pdf?dl=0
Here is Jalhalla Appears, I haven't formatted it correctly, but what do you guys think? I feel that I'm using the wrong time signature
J̨̜̰͍̻̲ ̻U̩̻͟ ̹̬͕̥̜̮ͅS͔̙̩̱͎͢ ̲̺͈̟͙̖̦T̺̫̳̞̱̝̠ ̵͉̦̲ ̳̩͓̤̞̜̼͜M̦̣͓̀ ̟̖Ò̦̦͖͔͖̜ ̡̱̲͓̞͔͖Ǹ͎̳̳͍͖̟ ̜̥̭͕̤ͅI̱͉̥ ̭̪K͇͕̺̭͞ ̫̹̘͇͍A̩̪͢

RustyJustice

Welp I forgot to do this. Here is Zelda's theme, and I should have Fairy Spring ready either tomorrow or Friday.
Eventually when I do something funny on the forums I'll post it here.

BrainyLucario

oh yeah, i have time for the 4 treasure/ item themes

also put me down for ceremony in the woods me and F.L.U.D.D are collaborating on that
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

Quote from: RustyJustice on February 21, 2018, 05:47:02 PMWelp I forgot to do this. Here is Zelda's theme, and I should have Fairy Spring ready either tomorrow or Friday.
This link seems broken :(
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 18, 2018, 03:09:53 AMIn the original it doesn't actually resolve to a G, it just fades away and resolves to a B in the next bar. Take a look at the new file and see what you think.

I'm still definitly hearing that G. The low A to the G in the left hand creates an effect similar to the original though so I'm ok with what you have there.

QuoteI don't really think so. I've made a suggestion in the link above which technically works, although possibly a little plain.

I'm stil hearing a voice that goes A - G - A across those four measures, so what about extending the A in m16 to m15 as well? Still not as full as the original, but atleast we're not playing single notes.

QuoteI'd probably suggest also leaving out the A in beat 1 for improved smoothness.

I like that.

QuoteAnother option is in the file I linked above, just an idea. However just be aware there is no A in bar 19 in the track, the top note is just a G.

There's a really low single note bass voice with the same rhythm as the strings that's playing an A in both measures. As long as the A exists in the harmony for the momentum I'm happy. Otherwise the G is probably more important for color.

QuoteOh, and there was something I meant to mention before but I forgot to add it to my post. There are some spots in the track where the bass trombone sounding instrument is much more prominent than the string bass and I wonder if it's worth choosing the bass bone notes instead of the string bass in some of those instances. For example, the last note of bar 12, using an A instead of an E. There are other spots too. What do you think?

I'm terrible at identifying instruments so we might be talking about different things, but I think I'm already went through and picked whichever note I felt was more important (hence the As in 19-20.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

The Deku Trombonist

Alrighty, how's this? I hope I got everything in you wanted.

Musx | Mus

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

RustyJustice

Quote from: Latios212 on March 14, 2018, 05:36:50 AMThis link seems broken :(

WHAT WHO BROKE MY LINK. I DID?!

Just because it's true doesn't mean it isn't still preposterous. Anyway, here are my UPDATED WORKING LINKS for both the files I promised I would do, heh sorry about that!

Zelda's Theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw40xgtbc8ih7fe/ww_zelda_theme.musx?dl=0
Fairy Spring: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bre538sl9f7lkr/ww_fairy_spring.musx?dl=0

If those don't work for some reason I'll keep an eye out and try posting it another way if necessary.
Eventually when I do something funny on the forums I'll post it here.

Olimar12345

The Legendary Hero arr. by Latios

-Measure 2 LH beat 3 needs a hold, preferably a fermata.
-The chord holding on beat 3 of measure 14 (both hands) sustains during the last note of that arpeggio ending in the next bar. Basically everything should cut off together in bar 15.
-Measure 24 LH layer 1 is missing and F on beats 1 and 2. This is the same note that rearticulates at the beginning of the 16th notes in that bar, in the same register. This happens in 25 and 26 as well with the E and D#s in those bars.
-Measure 31 LH plays a third-space E on beat 1 before moving up the the G#.
-Measure 41 RH the E natural should hold until beat three, similar to the B two bars later, just not as long.
-The fourth-space E in measure 48 needs to be held until the G# enters in the next bar, so tie it across the barline.
-Measure 59 RH layer 1 is missing the C's in the first three notes (along with those E's). It comes in in harmony there unlike other entrances.

This file contains these edits in case you have questions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/webo3ojaixxdmh0/1-03%20-%20The%20Legendary%20Hero%20-%20Latios21212345.mus?dl=0
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Cool, thanks for looking it over! Changes look good, I've updated the files in Dropbox (as well as done a bit more layout work that I wanted to do last time but didn't get to).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

I did Forsaken Fortress. Added to the DB folder.

Also, I'm dropping Rendevous with the Ship 3. Updated the OP to reflect both changes.

Latios212

Quote from: RustyJustice on April 03, 2018, 06:08:33 PMZelda's Theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw40xgtbc8ih7fe/ww_zelda_theme.musx?dl=0
Fairy Spring: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bre538sl9f7lkr/ww_fairy_spring.musx?dl=0
Sorry for the delay! Just got around to checking these now.

Zelda's Theme:
- Quotation marks around the title (as per formatting guidelines)
- "simile" at the beginning of 5 would be nice to imply that the pedal continues throughout the piece
- Beat 1 of m. 10-11 LH should be an octave higher
- m. 10 and 18 LH should have C#, not Db (like the right hand)
- Slurs in the last measure were positioned a bit funny relative to the first note in the group.

Fairy Spring
- Same with the title quotation marks.

Everything else about these sheets is superb, thank you for doing such a great job! I've fixed those things for you and updated the files in Dropbox - lemme know if there are any issues :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 16, 2018, 08:52:04 PMEncounter with Tetra

<stuff>

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 16, 2018, 09:32:46 PM<stuff>

The above links should work for the updated version.

I think those links died like the other ones on your thread, would you mind updating the Dropbox?

Also, the second RH figure in m. 3 - I don't quite hear what you have written there. Not entirely sure, but I think I hear F sharps here instead of the Fs on the top staff line. And is there a reason you're not using G#/A# for the chromatic ascent in 5?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

56   Ending - Sebastian
- Any reason you don't have the first four measures written out verbatim (right hand takes chords including ones left out on beat 2.5, left hand takes bass)?
- Measure 3 should be the same as measure 1.
- The bass descends down to a C, not ascends up to a C. I don't think this change makes the left hand part significantly easier to play, as you still have to jump the way you have it written. I would suggest lowering it back down.
- Could the chord in m. 2/4 be written as F-G#-B? (Same figure as here.) Might look a bit funny, but you'd get the neighboring accidentals here to avoid having to put courtesy accidentals in the following measure, and it wouldn't cause confusion with the C naturals present in other places (both LH and RH).
- The LH arpeggio in m. 8 seems awfully low and sweeping, unlike the original. How about starting it on a Bb an octave above you have it, and following it with D F Bb D?
- m. 12 LH Bs should be Cs. Also the second-to-last note seems like a weird place to put the fermata in the LH.
- Not really hearing the beat 3 E in m. 12? Also feel like layer 1 should be G, not D (i.e. swap those two notes between the layers) because this melody leads to a G.
- I'd take out the Cs from the chords in m. 20-21. Sounds kinda weird.
- At the end especially in the last couple measures I would suggest inverting up the chords to have them sound less muddy.
- Missing the cool (harp?) ascent at the end of the song!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ljhale

If nobody has started 'forest haven', I'd like to give it a shot. I actually have some sketches of that one in progress, so I could pick the project back up.