News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Rainbow Road (Two Pianos)" by WaluigiTime64

Started by Zeta, February 10, 2017, 10:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 26, 2018, 07:35:27 AMMy final feedback for this song. This will be unorganized.

Aaaaand that's all from me. Great job, this is finally coming together

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on May 11, 2018, 09:13:16 PMI don't appreciate the snark here... this is clearly just asking someone who's reviewed it more recently about the current status of the sheet (i.e. their current thoughts on it).
Thanks.

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 26, 2018, 07:35:27 AMMy final feedback for this song. This will be unorganized.
m3,6,7 RH1 - You have staccato quarters on the off beat. Shouldn't those be 8ths then? Also in m33/35/37  RH2

m8 RH1
Spoiler
[close]
I get why you notated it like this, but it's hard to read the rhythm instinctively with an off beat dotted q. Also in m12 in RH2, m16 LH2, and probably elsewhere.

system of m29 LH2 - that 8vb mark is quite close to those 8th notes....

Aaaaand that's all from me. Great job, this is finally coming together

I'll give this one a check then.

Olimar12345

Looking through the new file.

-Piano 2, LH measure 17 is the same figure that is played before (13, etc.) but you've made the third-line D on the up beat of three a quarter instead of an eighth. When I listen to it I can distinctly hear the release and space between the notes there (like before), so that should be an eighth note and eighth rest, mirroring measure 13.
-P2, LH, m.18 sounds off. Check out the file below for details.
-P2, LH, m.21 is missing a fifth-line A natural on beat 3. The last eighth note in that bar should be an F natural as well.
-P2, LH, m.22 & 23 have some incorrect pitches (rather than post a bunch of pictures, see the file below).
-P2, LH, m.24 beat 4 should be a first-line G natural.
-P2, LH, m.26 up beat of 3 should be a first-line G (drop the octave).
-P2, LH, m.27 up beat of 3 should be a first-space A (repeated).
-P2, LH, m.29 & 30 were edited with similar things.
-P2, LH, m.40 the two F#'s should be G#'s.
-P1, LH, m.36 the last eighth rest and the bass clef were overlapping.
-P2, RH, m.28 you've got a rest on beat four when there should be a staccato quarter note pick-up into the next bar. It should be the same chord that plays on beat one of m.29 but with a C# instead of a C natural.
-P1, RH, m.29 you're missing that staccato quarter note chord that happens on beat 3 (same idea as 25 is happening here, just different harmony).
-P1, RH, m.30 D on Beat 3 should be a first-line E.
-P1, RH, m.31 the last E in the measure should be am F natural. The following bar (m.32) should have an F natural on the up beat of 2 instead of the E, and the last C#should be a first-space F#.
-P1, LH, m.35 the last three eighth notes should have a 6th playing above in harmony (C#-D#-C#).
-Is there a reason you left out the long held chords in measure 13-16? The RH isn't doing anything there, unless this was intentional I think it could be covered.
-P1, LH, m.28 the chord on the up-beat of 3 shout be a whole step lower (G-B-D).
-P1, LH, m.29 the whole note G should be an A.
-P2, RH, m.33 I'd recommend changing the low F# up to an A#. The F# (root) is already being played in the bass and the third is absent from your arrangement here, despite being in the recording.
-P2, RH, m.37 same thing as m.33, but with the low G# (9th). It's already being played by both hands in the P1 part.
-P2, RH, m.46 up-beat of 2 (the tied D#'s) should be C#'s. Also add G# to that chord as well as per the recording.
-You're inconsistent with your dynamic placements. Technically, you should try to place your dynamic marking underneath the moment you want it to be applied. Sometimes you place it way over to the left of where I think you want it to sound (see m.33, 39). Not sure if this is intentional, but it's inconsistent as-is.
-P1, LH, m.43 the last chord you have on beat four should actually be half of a beat sooner. Same thing with the first chord of the next measure; it should start on the up-beat of four in 43 (Leave out the E# on that chord btw).
-P1, LH, m.48 make the stem go down on the chord and up on the single B. That'll be easier to read.

Check it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2cx9tn6lh5rj5g/Mario%20Kart%20Wii%20-%20Rainbow%20Road%20%28Two%20Pianos%29123456.mus?dl=1

Sorry this has taken so long. Tbh, I am excited to get this arrangement up and going finally :)

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Sorry for the wait. Files should be updated now.

Something feels kinda off about M.22, but I'll leave it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

I will double check that this afternoon when I get home. Once that is settled, this arrangement will have my SEAL OF APPROVAL
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Measure 22 looks good to me. As-is, it gets my SEAL OF APPROVAL.

Latios212

Hi, just popping in here to (hopefully) finally help finish this one off. Just a bunch of really tiny visual things.

- End the bracket in m. 2 at the barline.
- Optimize space on page 1 to allow a bit more room around the third system.
- Move the 8vb just a bit down at m. 25.
- Fix rest heights in m. 29 piano 1.
- Nudge dynamics in a few places to give them a bit more space.
- Flip the tie between m. 47-48 piano 1 LH.
- End the 8va on the last note of the last measure (piano 1 RH) instead of arbitrarily after. (This also makes a bit more room for the D.C.)

[Files]

Once again, nice work.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot