News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Theatre

Started by LeviR.star, March 02, 2017, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Thought we needed a topic like this. Not about movies, or TV, but about theatre. Whether it's about performing in elementary/primary school, high school, college, or just watching plays, it can go here.

I just got the part of Dr. Bradley in our production of "The Man Who Came to Dinner" earlier today! :) It's the part I wanted the most.

(Dr. Bradley is on the right.)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Wow you look older than I expected! ;)
innit

Dudeman

Hey, great, a place where I can brag about my stage exploits. :P

To date, I've been in 9 shows, 6 of which were in high school (and one was technically in high school, but I graduated the year before and was brought back to fill a role), and I have plans to continue doing community theater in my area for the foreseeable future. Past roles include:
- Hannibal, The Curious Savage
- Simon "Rock" Johnson, Cotton Patch Gospel
- Capt. Arthur Keller, The Miracle Worker
- Jesus Christ, Godspell
- Passepartout, Around the World in 80 Days
- Faun Tumnus, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (the non-musical one. It was pretty bad.)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Wow, Dudeman, that's a lot of roles. Pretty impressive! I've only had 3 in the past, not including this show.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

SlowPokemon

Hah well to be honest, musicals in general tend to be kinda lame for me, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with the work of Stephen Sondheim. I've heard all of his musicals tons of times, analyzed the scores, can play/sing most of them, etc. So if anyone is into them as well, give me a shout and we can have a Sondheim party at some point. His scores are really really complex, and they're always a mix of classical form and contemporary sound, so they're really appealing and interesting to me. My favorite is Sunday in the Park with George.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 04, 2017, 06:53:17 AMHah well to be honest, musicals in general tend to be kinda lame for me, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with the work of Stephen Sondheim. I've heard all of his musicals tons of times, analyzed the scores, can play/sing most of them, etc. So if anyone is into them as well, give me a shout and we can have a Sondheim party at some point. His scores are really really complex, and they're always a mix of classical form and contemporary sound, so they're really appealing and interesting to me. My favorite is Sunday in the Park with George.

Have you ever made a mix of some of his songs?

EFitTrainr

Musicals are pretty much all I act in. I do a lot of shit with a local musical theatre company
I like food.

LeviR.star

This is a little late, but the play was a success!

Everyone was dying of laughter every time I came on stage. I managed to perfect my laugh (the combination of a pig's snort and squeal) for one scene, and snorted like a pig for every little time I giggled thereafter. Everyone loved it. When I came onstage for the curtain call, I got the most cheers, and on the Saturday night performance, I even got a standing ovation at the curtain call. People complimented me during school for weeks, and my mother said I was the first on-stage actor to make her laugh. My limp, hunch, laugh, old man voice and lisp (s's turning into sh's) and overall positive endeavor onstage were just a few things I added in to prepare my role. The school's Drama director of 42 years told me I was his best Dr. Bradley.

I also got initiated into the International Thespian Society last night, with the most hours put in out of all of my fellow initiates. I even won the "T" contest, where we designed a paper/cork/cardboard "T" and decorated it with various things we had done that past year. So far this year, I have acted as a...

- stern messenger boy for the musical, "Mary Poppins"
- shell-shocked crippled soldier for the One-Act play, "Requiem"
- invisible and mischievously evil Invisible Man for my group's Group Improvisation for our school's Thursday Night Live Large Group Speech showcase (the first thing to be done on-stage at our new auditorium!), and
- a happy-go-lucky yet nerdy old doctor to cranky radio man, critic, and lecturer Sheridan Whiteside for the play "The Man Who Came to Dinner"

I also managed to put in 83 hours of Set Construction for "Mary Poppins" and 81 1/2 for "The Man Who Came to Dinner". For the most part, I was the only person to show up every day of it (excluding two days where I was sick with the stomach flu, and another where I went to Band & Choir Solo & Ensemble Contest, where I received a I rating for all 3 of my performances) These hours earned me the position of Set Construction Head for both productions.

The Speech and Drama Banquet is this Saturday, where we will receive awards for everything we've done. The new Thespian Officers will then officially take the places of the previous ones.

*Phew* That was a lot of typing.