News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Unique Sounds in Compositions

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, March 14, 2017, 04:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetstar The Flygon

Lately I've been listening to the PMD soundtracks, and I love how unique and memorable each song is. The question is, can I change the qualities of default instruments in FL Studio to sound more like this?

My goal is to make my songs more... my own, I guess

For reference:

Thanks!

Edit:
Maybe a better question would be, how does Nintendo make their music sound the way it does?

WaluigiTime64

Well, you can't really tweak instruments that easily. There are filter plugins that you can use to tweak instruments slightly, but it's unlikely you'll get what you're looking for 100%. The only way to make them the same is to practically recreate them by manipulating the waveform in a soundfont editor.

Even better option: try finding a pre-made soundfont from a game.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Oh okay, I've tried searching for a soundfont in the past but came up with nothing :I

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, a lot of the time that's the case.

Honestly if you make something in a soundfont slightly different, it'll sound unique enough to get away with.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

daj

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on March 14, 2017, 04:05:08 AMEdit:
Maybe a better question would be, how does Nintendo make their music sound the way it does?

There's an entire discipline called "sound design", and it involves manipulating basic digital audio waves with lots of cool tools to create sounds of fresh timbres (i.e. using synthesisers). That's just on the sonic side of things - the PMD compositions have a really distinct style too, and that's something worth analysing ^^

Maelstrom

If you use VGMtrans, you can rip the soundfonts out of the DS ROMs, iirc.

Dudeman

I really like all the responses here but I have to be that guy and say HOLY SHIT IT'S FLEETSTAR
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Fleetstar The Flygon

Thanks for all of the help c:  I think I have a better idea of where to start 

Quote from: Dudeman on March 14, 2017, 09:48:56 AMI really like all the responses here but I have to be that guy and say HOLY SHIT IT'S FLEETSTAR
Ahhh it's been forever! :00 Good to see you again!