News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

ALPRAS's Arrangements - New Zelda Skyward Sword Arr.!!

Started by ALPRAS, July 09, 2008, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about my arrangements»

Perfect
Good
Mediocre
Horrible
you really dont know how to arrange

Yugi

NasiDe

Yeah, I checked it out. I think it's really fantastic! Would definitely love to play it!

I do think there could be improvements for sure though. I'm going to put aside the last page though (because I really am an over-stickler over rests and making notes as compressed as they can [i.e.: making the separated eighths on the last page into quarter rests and changing other rests into half rests with an eighth rest before them, etc.] and I can edit those parts for myself if I really want to).

(A few hours later.)
I was going to say I have feedback regarding the difference in volume between the bass and treble clef, but I've since re-listened to the song and it sounds actually tons more accurate and generally right than I thought. You did a fantastic job!! I can't help but wait to try playing!

TheZeldaPianist275

Also, it's "Ghirahim", not "Girahim".  You should also probably keep the game name on one line.

But other than that, I like it.  Good job :)

ALPRAS

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 06, 2013, 06:08:40 PMAlso, it's "Ghirahim", not "Girahim".  You should also probably keep the game name on one line.

But other than that, I like it.  Good job :)

Yeah, my bad, I really thought it was Girahim...
Thanks for warning me!

Quote from: Ganondorf on September 06, 2013, 05:58:48 PMYeah, I checked it out. I think it's really fantastic! Would definitely love to play it!

I do think there could be improvements for sure though. I'm going to put aside the last page though (because I really am an over-stickler over rests and making notes as compressed as they can [i.e.: making the separated eighths on the last page into quarter rests and changing other rests into half rests with an eighth rest before them, etc.] and I can edit those parts for myself if I really want to).

(A few hours later.)
I was going to say I have feedback regarding the difference in volume between the bass and treble clef, but I've since re-listened to the song and it sounds actually tons more accurate and generally right than I thought. You did a fantastic job!! I can't help but wait to try playing!

I know what you're saying, I prefer that way too, but since it's a 6/8, sometimes using two 8th rests is more correct than one quarter rest in some parts... In the last page (I think you're talking measure 47), I cant compress the 16th rest because its a tuplet rest, its really needed there...
Later, tell me if it's comfortable for you to play :)

EDIT: Fixed some stuff:
-corrected Ghirahim's name in the sheet
-put the game name in one line
-hide some rests
-fixed some layering problems
-added 2 notes to the 1st chord in measure 48.

NasiDe

I didn't even notice the formatting and spelling issues... x'D

Huh, I didn't know that. That's interesting. I've always converted it just because I felt like it should be as compressed as possible and stuff. And yeah. I understand the triplet spot. Took me a moment during my editing to realize what I was screwing up. Don't really remember which measures at this point though.

Yeah, I will. I'm not the best piano player (especially with left hand jumps like that) so it might take a bit for me, but I'll definitely give my feedback!

Edit: Well, this sucks. There's no good nearby piano that I can find. I'm sorry. :/

ALPRAS

Quote from: Ganondorf on September 06, 2013, 07:35:14 PMYeah, I will. I'm not the best piano player (especially with left hand jumps like that) so it might take a bit for me, but I'll definitely give my feedback!

Edit: Well, this sucks. There's no good nearby piano that I can find. I'm sorry. :/

Well, you don't need to give me feedback right now, give me when you can :)