Lkjhgfdsa_77's Official lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog Thread - Post-it and Digital Art

Started by Lkjhgfdsa_77, March 23, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lkjhgfdsa_77

I made a blog in June 2016 for posting art, and I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread on here to bring the pageviews up higher than 0 increase my following and get more critique. As of now I have over 50 posts, including a Ocarina of Time-themed "post-it art" series of over 20. Because of obligations I'm not able to do much besides the post-it art, but occasionally I'll post some art homework when it's not drawing my face or my house or an entry to a major art contest. Expect updates here for every post.

Link to Blog

Things that I'm relatively proud of -

- Post-it Art series

- Color Wheel Hylian Shield
[close]

- King of Red Lions (made out of a styrofoam cup)
[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Dudeman

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on March 23, 2017, 02:21:15 PM
 - King of Red Lions (made out of a styrofoam cup)
[close]
O_O

EDIT: this is all really fucking good
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Dudeman on March 23, 2017, 02:22:25 PMO_O

EDIT: this is all really fucking good

Thanks! I'm always trying to improve my skills as an artist, and what helps me to do that is to keep practicing. Like any skill, you have to practice to get better. Even something as simple as drawing on a post-it can help if you put effort into it. I never had a lot of formal instruction outside of an art class (however I am lucky enough to be in a school where advanced art classes are available!) but I was able to use other resources that taught me about shading, texture, and composition, and with enough usage I was able to do it almost naturally and develop your own style.

tl;dr - Reaction to a compliment turns into an "anyone can become decent at art if they try" speech.

New blog post -

Post-it Art #23 - Claim Check

[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Zeila

I think it'd look better if there is more of a contrast between the bottle+milk and the logo that's wrapped around it. Between making the logo darker and making the bottle/milk lighter, I'd go with the latter. The background shading seems like a decent enough shade for it. Also, it seems like the surrounding wrap/paper thing smudged into the Hylian text (and the stripes; those are almost indiscernible). It should really be lighter, although I understand that it's hard to try and erase or blend when working in small places. Nice work though!

Also, the King of Red Lions looks cool :3

Onionleaf

Whoa, awesome job on that styrofoam sculpture! And I like all the different shapes and patterns in your pencil sketches, the empty glass bottle (#18) especially looks very detailed, it's not easy to make something like that look realistic.
The photograph of the field would have to be my favourite, the colours are serene and the sky is so majestic.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Zeila on March 24, 2017, 08:56:15 PMI think it'd look better if there is more of a contrast between the bottle+milk and the logo that's wrapped around it. Between making the logo darker and making the bottle/milk lighter, I'd go with the latter. The background shading seems like a decent enough shade for it. Also, it seems like the surrounding wrap/paper thing smudged into the Hylian text (and the stripes; those are almost indiscernible). It should really be lighter, although I understand that it's hard to try and erase or blend when working in small places. Nice work though!

Also, the King of Red Lions looks cool :3

Quote from: Onionleaf on March 26, 2017, 12:17:43 AMWhoa, awesome job on that styrofoam sculpture! And I like all the different shapes and patterns in your pencil sketches, the empty glass bottle (#18) especially looks very detailed, it's not easy to make something like that look realistic.
The photograph of the field would have to be my favourite, the colours are serene and the sky is so majestic.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Thank you both for responding! I don't normally reupload art, but once I compile all of the post-it art together I will likely make a special blog post to wrap it all up.

New blog post -
Post-it Art #25 - Blue Fire

[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

LuxraySpiral

This is amazing. I can't quite express how good this is with my clumsy words.
Good job.
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on April 04, 2017, 11:18:17 PMThis is amazing. I can't quite express how good this is with my clumsy words.
Good job.

Thank you!

New blog post -

Post-it Art #26 - Mask of Truth
[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Oh now I get it
It was a bit of a jump but that's very clever
unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

New blog post -

YouTube Channel Art

[close]

Yes, I will be starting a YouTube channel in the near future. No, it probably won't replace the blog.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

New blog post -

Piano Cover - "Lanayru Sand Sea" from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Lkjhgfdsa_77