Fingering

Started by Pianoth, April 03, 2017, 02:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianoth

Are there any rules in the format of fingering? If that isn't the case, I think there should be some rules. Finale can put fingering with the Articulation Tool. The font it uses is Times, to be precise. It could be changed to Times New Roman, to be consistent with the rest of the score, although it could be slightly annoying to remember and to check every time a fingering is put in a new score. So I would say that should be the standard font used for fingering (for example, if someone converts a score from musescore or sibelius, he should change at least the font of the fingering, if there is any). The size of the fingering in Finale depends on the size of the notes (for example, it's smaller for acciaccaturas), but for normal notes in a standard score it's 10. I would probably like it more if the standard size was just slightly bigger, but it's all right. Anyway, I opened this topic just to understand if there are already any rules, and/or to discuss them.

Also, it would be nice if someone could tell me how to write a silent finger-change in Finale (I know how to do it only in Sibelius), for example something like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

I don't think we currently have any rules on formatting fingerings at the moment, perhaps because we haven't run into any issues - all the sheets that I can recall that have fingerings on them use the standard font from Finale's articulations.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianoth

Yeah, I imagined an answer like this (after all I didn't see many scores with fingering on the site). At least I opened this topic also to ask for the silent finger-change thing.

BTW it's 0:05 in Italy. So, happy birthday to me :D

Altissimo

buon compleanno :o

(ok i admit i actually forgot how to say it in italian so i had to use google translate and hopefully thats accurate lmao)