News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Adding the Satellaview ([BS-X])

Started by LeviR.star, January 27, 2017, 06:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I believe that the Satellaview/BS-X is a separate console and should be treated as one on this site. Several sources, including this one, say yes: List of home video game consoles

There are plenty of games that are exclusive to this console, and are the reasons why this should not be treated just as a Super Famicom peripheral.

So, can this console be added to the site? Or no? I have a few arrangements planned, and will try and submit a sheet for it this month.

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Technically speaking, it is a peripheral add-on; not its own console, needing a Super Famicom in order to work. But, since we have the Sega CD and 32X, I don't see why we can't have this as well.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 27, 2017, 06:35:39 AMTechnically speaking, it is a peripheral add-on; not its own console, needing a Super Famicom in order to work. But, since we have the Sega CD and 32X, I don't see why we can't have this as well.

Sweet! When can it be done?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 27, 2017, 06:35:39 AMTechnically speaking, it is a peripheral add-on; not its own console, needing a Super Famicom in order to work. But, since we have the Sega CD and 32X, I don't see why we can't have this as well.
Well, here's a follow-up question: do we even need the 32X and the Sega CD to have their own separate sections? Because right now they don't have any games listed under them, making their existence extremely redundant and arbitrary. (Sorry about hijacking this thread, but I don't know where else I would post this)

Olimar12345

^Yes, they should have their own sections, because they both have an exclusive (mostly) game library.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Mission accomplished. Thanks, guys!