Series: Other
Game: Shovel Knight
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Courage Under Fire
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

Th3Gavst3r

mastersuperfan

Hoo boy, this is one heck of a sheet... Never knew there was so much going on in this track. Some preliminary thoughts:
  • It's Jake Kaufman, not Jeff. :P
  • I get that the "Score" in the top left is invisible, but it still kinda... bugs me a little that it's still there in the MUS. You might as well delete the text box entirely. (Not a big thing, though.)
  • From the second system onwards, Piano 1 should be abbreviated to I and Piano 2 should be abbreviated to II.
  • Copyright year should be changed from 2012 to 2014.
  • Since there are so many parts going on, it doesn't make too much sense for the melody line to be mezzo piano, the same dynamic as the bass. I'd suggest bumping it up to mezzo forte or even forte.
  • I doubt that the consecutive G's in the Piano 1 RH of the pickup measure are conveniently playable, so I'd suggest condensing them into a sixteenth note or changing one of them to a different pitch to retain the rhythm.
  • There should be a repeat sign at the end.
The sheet sounds great, though I haven't taken an in-depth look at the notes. Nice work; I can tell this must have taken a while.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Th3Gavst3r

Thanks so much for reading over this msf! I used a new template when I started this sheet and apparently it messed up way more than I thought ^^'
In any case, I've addressed all the formatting things and removed the first G from Piano I's pickup, since Piano II plays it anyway.
Also edited a lot of the dynamics, hopefully they're better now.

Latios212

Hello! Wow... there are a lot of notes.

Here's some stuff for now:
- The first page is smaller than all the others... check the scaling :o
- Slash at the end of the URL, and quotation marks on the song title... :3
- I'd suggest double barline at section changes. As well as the key changes.
- A dynamic at the beginning of B would be nice.
- Bump down the slur a bit in measure 12 so it doesn't cross the stems.
- I measures 42 and 44, consider flipping RH beats 1-2 downwards so that the slur markings are clearer.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Th3Gavst3r

Latios212

I started checking this a few months ago but... didn't get too far. There are so many notes x.x May as well post what I found so far, though. I think I finished section A.

- Measure 8, spelling. Stick with the F#. Same with 17.
- Measure 9 beat 2.5 top staff (melody), 32nd note D should be an Eb.
- If you're denoting different sections with rehearsal markings, separate them with double barlines. Also use double barlines at key changes.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity.

Please feel free to resubmit at your convenience.