News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - "The Way Home" by Bespinben

Started by Zeta, May 17, 2017, 04:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Ben please quit creating artificial drama. Nobody is questioning your experience with engraving, we're just trying to uphold our tiny set of standards so that all sheets appear uniform, like always.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Reviewing the arrangement now. Over all, many of the stylistic choices seem pretty inconsistent with the original, particularly with note lengths. In general you tend to make things held much longer than they are in the original (particularly in the introduction and at the top of the second page).

-Cover page needs to go (duh)
-Page number is on the wrong side
-The chord in the fourth measure is C Maj, not C7 (meaning that the Bb needs to go). That chord should also be very short and light, in addition to being the same volume as before (if not louder there). The chord is also not rolled.
-The use of the second layer in measures 9-10 seems inconsistent. I'd recommend moving the rest of the G's in measure 9 (RH) to the second layer.
-As mentioned above, measures 13-19 may have the correct notes, but the note lengths and articulations definitely need some tlc. The notes that the clarinets play in that melody literally do not touch. You could probably address this by simply adding staccatos here and keep the slur markings as phrase markings.
-The chord in measure 12 should be very short and light. I'd just remove the tie. The chord is also not rolled.
-Not to big of a deal, but since the repeat goes back to the beginning of the piece rather than a specific place mid-sheet, a D.C. might be more fitting.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Deleting because of a lack of feedback. Feel free to resubmit it when you address the feedback, Ben