News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Kirby for the SWITCH!!

Started by LeviR.star, June 13, 2017, 09:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 31, 2018, 02:56:16 PM
  • Marx apparently somehow managed to survive getting effectively blown up in the Kirby Super Star games
Slightly unrelated to Star Allies on the whole, but I stumbled across a YouTube comment explaining the Kirby timeline and apparently, not only did Marx survive the events of Milky Way Wishes, but also he and Magolor are good friends, and Marx is somewhat responsible for Magolor deciding to trick Kirby into getting the Master Crown for him.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on March 31, 2018, 05:03:19 PMSlightly unrelated to Star Allies on the whole, but I stumbled across a YouTube comment explaining the Kirby timeline and apparently, not only did Marx survive the events of Milky Way Wishes, but also he and Magolor are good friends, and Marx is somewhat responsible for Magolor deciding to trick Kirby into getting the Master Crown for him.

Is this Magolore
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

If you're in here for the lore, the Japanese Kirby Twitter 25th Anniversary account's starting to break out the concept art. None of it's going to the spoiler bin for now (early advance shot--based on the Japanese Kirby Twitter account, I will no longer put Zan Partizanne in spoiler tags), but as they add more concept art and non-intuitive stuff is exposed, I'll add more items here:
  • According to pre-Buff Dedede concept art, King Dedede naturally has thumbs. IMO, this is kinda surprising, as King Dedede is a bird.
  • All the Jambastion Mage concept art consistently has the ice mage with an axe, the fire mage with a sword, and the electric mage with a spear. In all but one image, the axe actually looks like an axe (no snowflake design on it). The ice mage often looks the least feminine of the three...which is ironic considering how tomboyish Flamberge the fire Jambastion Mage looks.
Spoiler
  • Hyness's concept art indicates that he was supposed to be scrawny, robe-wearing, big-nosed, big-eyed, and horned, but that the horns weren't always meant to be Magolor clothing references. Some of his concept art has facial and/or head hair. One piece of concept art has a familiar eye image on his face shawl.
  • Concept art for the Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! version of the Divine Terminus altar area (the very last pre-final boss stage of story mode) reveals that its walls are upside down. Man, that place must have a great ceiling.
  • Most, if not all, of the concept art of Void Termina's first form has some sort of the demon-winged, one-eyed heart logo on it. Whether that's THE symbol for Void Termina or that's just something Hyness and the Three Mage-Sisters stamp on while they're inside is anyone's guess, though.
[close]

The Japanese Kirby Twitter account is also holding a photo contest, and as far as I can tell, the winners will be revealed throughout May. Given the last photo (and drawing) contest for a Kirby game, HAL Laboratory may drop further lore while describing the photos...but I'll put all such lore in another post.

Dude

Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 07, 2018, 09:16:28 PMAccording to pre-Buff Dedede concept art, King Dedede naturally has thumbs. IMO, this is kinda surprising, as King Dedede is a bird.
lewd...

Time Link

Star Allies looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure how the game is. What's it like?

LeviR.star

I was really hyped for this game at first, but when I got the game I noticed a few things about it. The level design is kinda bland compared to the latest games (i.e. Planet Robobot, Return to Dreamland), the difficulty seems to be really watered down, (even more than in Robobot, possibly for younger players,) and overall story mode seems short, as if they canceled something in the development process early and that tried their best to cover it up and make it look finished. It did a few great things, like bring back the "Helper" mechanic, various forms of Copy Ability mixing, and some of the great abilities of the past (like Cook,) but that said, it wasn't very original or game-changing. Though, if you haven't played Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, or Kirby: Planet Robobot already, I'd give this one a shot. Heck, I'd give it a shot either way, it's up to you.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Yeah, after watching boss fights over and over again, the difficulty seems too watered-down. I don't care what game it's for, boss battles should last at least 30 seconds unless they're purposefully pushover levels of easy (so the short-as-heck Mettaton NEO fight in Undertale is OK because he's supposed to be far too easy to beat, but any less-than-15-seconds boss fight in Kirby Star Allies is not because none of the bosses are presented as pushovers).

Sometimes I wonder whether none of the "turn red" boss AI changes being associated with music changes in this game is because it ruined the experience of the short boss fights in playtesting.

SlowPokemon

I'm on world 5 of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and tbh easy boss fights sound like a dream right now, LOL
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

Took me a while, but it turns out that the Kirby Star Allies Channel does indeed spout additional lore. Unfortunately, it's spoiler-tastic, and I'll keep updating this post whenever I find more Channel lore:
Spoiler
  • It continues to be left ambiguous whether the Jambastion mages (Francisca, Flamberge, and Zan Partizanne) are sisters who share blood, sisters who share a family, sisters who share a religious order, or merely sisters who share a sisterhood. HAL Laboratory even likens their ambiguous stance on this to their stance on how connected Kirby and Meta Knight are to each other.
  • According to Japanese pause screen descriptions, Zan Partizanne was taken in by and directly granted magical power by Hyness. No wonder she's loyal to him. Now whether all her lightning powers come from Hyness or only some of them do is left up to our imaginations, too...
  • Turns out that Daroach hates tomatoes. However, he may still steel his stomach and eat Maxim Tomatoes. When they restore your health that much...
  • Adeleine is on the shy side when it comes to being fed items. In case it wasn't obvious from her being a child/pre-teen, she also (quite possibly still) has very little HP. Seems like Ribbon is soaking up the majority of the blows in the pair...even when she's not on-screen.
  • In case you couldn't tell earlier, HAL Laboratory confirms that Hyness indeed bungled the ritual in the opening cutscene and did not intend to make the big Jamba Heart explode.
  • The pink hearts, including the one that was absorbed into Kirby and gave him his recruiting powers, actually come from the 4 "spears of the heart" keeping the big Jamba Heart sealed and that Hyness removed with his ritual. That debunks the theory I've commonly read that the big Jamba Heart had the good pink hearts in the first place.
  • HAL Laboratory says that Hyness "(forsook) his heart" and trapped himself into a "spiral of loneliness and despair". Given that his second boss theme's name is "La Follia d'Amore" (yes, that was confirmed in a Japanese tweet and even comes with its own katakana pronunciation guide), I kinda doubt he forsook his own heart completely, but that makes me think he either never had good intentions in the first place or he is that obsessed with Void Termina.
  • Nevertheless, HAL Laboratory insists that the Jambastion mages continue to idolize Hyness.
  • Big news for Kirby Star Allies fans, and I guess this means it won't be an Ask-a-Thon question: Hyness and the Jambastion Mages all survive past the end of the game.
  • According to Director Kumazaki, Hyness was supposed to have more depth than President Haltmann, the "man obsessed with eternal prosperity"...who was already given more depth by making him pine for his lost daughter and giving him a bad case of supercomputer-induced dementia. Granted, Hyness having more depth than Queen Sectonia, the "evil villain obsessed with beauty", might be more believable.
  • Hyness is also described as "a genius among the mages", a "noble being", and "leader of his people". Dang, I thought he was only a lesser son of a lord who went into the clergy French-Revolution-era-France-style...at least I already believed the "high-ranked priest" and "elite mage" parts the channel mentions.
  • Loads of additional Hyness concept art was revealed in the Channel. Among them are preliminary images of Hyness with a cloud for a face and a feminine face. Guess the "Magolor's hat for ears" gag was put in very late.
  • HAL Laboratory speculates that Magolor may have stolen the ability to generate an Ultra Sword from Kirby (along with the more usual speculation that he kept it from his time as a final boss with the Master Crown).
  • The counterattack Meta Knight gets in the Wave 3 update is called "Galactic Counter". Interesting implications about who he might have learned it from... (Given that rival's Japanese name, I'd say Galacta Knight inadvertently teaching Meta Knight this wouldn't be out of the question.)
  • The altar at the Divine Terminus is apparently titled a "Mysterious Altar".
  • HAL Laboratory says that concept art for the Divine Terminus contains "a door towards the back", then wonders out loud, "Where does that door lead?" They cryptically conclude that where it leads "remains a mystery". (My top bets are more of the Divine Terminus, outer space, Another Dimension, and the afterlife.)
  • Hey, at least the Channel update outright reveals the Divine Terminus's name and its status as the last stage of story mode.
  • What the Channel update didn't reveal is the name of the wielder of the sword in the update's other concept art. Granted, after saying that the wielder has "butterfly wings", "appears in black as the EX boss version", and "appears at the end of Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! mode", it should be obvious that the wielder is Morpho Knight.
  • Intriguingly, HAL Laboratory says that both Morpho Knight and its sword incorporate "a phoenix-like design", likely further implications that Morpho Knight is possibly undead. (Japanese pause screen descriptions outright state that Morpho Knight is from the afterlife, several of its attack names incorporate terms for afterlife realms, and its Chinese name translates to "underworld/dark/gloomy butterfly knight".)
  • Several pieces of concept art for Morpho Knight's sword involve a Master Crown-like emblem around the central jewel on its hilt. Wonder what connections HAL Laboratory could possibly have been thinking of...
  • Of note--HAL Laboratory is consistently cagey about revealing anything resembling a spoiler. They say that "certain powerful characters" (the Three Mage-Sisters) become a Dream Friend if you beat Heroes in Another Dimension with an A rank, and that you can "battle an unexpected character" (Marx) in said A rank credits.
[close]

Yes, there will be a new DLC wave coming this summer, and I may as well reveal that it contains at least 2 new Dream Friends--Daroach (who's a big fan of his Squeak Squad and seeing his treasure, so he has some pretty good, Kirby Mass Attack-related reasons to go against the bad guys) and...wait for it...Dark Meta Knight (now what the heck his reasons are and how well he can get along with Meta Knight, I do not know at all--maybe he's more of a "Only I may smash the Dimension Mirror" kind of person?). I still keep speculating that it'll contain a third Dream Friend and that Friend will be the scrapped-in-development and similarly antagonistic Magolor, but the Kirby JP Twitter account keeps promoting only 2 characters.

By the way, the photo contest didn't reveal anything new. Boo. I'm predicting an Ask-a-Thon with a ton of spoiler-ific questions sent in, though.

LeviR.star

Dark Meta Knight is definitely a Mirror alternative for those who loved it so much in Robobot.

Dekkadeci

Kirby Star Allies Wave 2 DLC is out! I'll try to keep things as spoiler-free for Kirby Star Allies as possible again:
  • The 3 (looks like it'll be 3 every wave) new Dream Friends this time are Daroach, Dark Meta Knight, and Adeleine and Ribbon. Daroach's brought the entire Squeak Squad with him (OK, maybe minus the pip Squeaks), and they show up in his attacks. He's greedily going after those dark, shiny Jamba Hearts--does Daroach ever learn? The eternal fool; he got possessed the last time he went after dark stuff like this... He's apparently unable to receive elemental abilities, just give them. And his Triple Star wand is still operational....
  • Dark Meta Knight has less clear reasons for why he's going after the bad guys--as far as I can tell from his descriptions, he's also after the Jamba Hearts (possibly to corrupt others with them?), and he may have gotten coerced by Meta Knight into doing this (maybe after losing a fight against him for once?). He can pull off some of his more impressive boss attacks, like raising giant sword blades out of the ground. Oh, by the way:
    Quote from: LeviR.star on June 23, 2018, 07:18:23 AMDark Meta Knight is definitely a Mirror alternative for those who loved it so much in Robobot.
    Yup, he's the closest you're going to get to playing as Simirror. ...If Simirror could fly, wield a sword, and combine received elemental abilities. (Interestingly, Dark Meta Knight's feet are apparently the same colour as his body armour. Sheesh, it's like he got his shoes from Galacta Knight's shoemaker...who I do NOT recommend.)
  • Adeleine & Ribbon need no compelling reason to fight the bad guys, unlike the other 2. Adeleine's the primary fighter, with Ribbon lifting her off the ground when they want to fly. Along with food, Adeleine can paint a variety of enemies and bring them to life--even Kracko if she's good enough! She and Ribbon can also hide behind a pastoral painting, which makes enemies ignore them.
  • At least for Adeleine & Ribbon, some of the last levels start looking an awful lot like Shiver Star. The last stage of alt story mode (Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!) also got changed out yet again (this time, they only changed the floor to a Dark Star reference instead of a Hyper Zone reference).
  • Effective boss themes are back (yeah, I was starting to expect them). Daroach's is a remix of the Squeak Squad theme (shucks, no Squeak Boss theme like I was guessing), Dark Meta Knight's includes the Kirby and the Amazing Mirror regular boss theme and Dark Mind's most famous theme (note that he does NOT get a version of his own theme, unlike what I was predicting), and Adeleine & Ribbon's includes 02's and Miracle Matter's themes. FYI, Marx's effective boss theme is...his own theme remixed, Gooey's effective boss theme is a remix of the Hyper Zone 1 theme, and Rick & Kine & Coo's effective boss theme includes the Real Dark Matter theme and the Cloudy Park theme. (By the way, I still think the Real Dark Matter theme sounds terrible on the Animal Friends.)
  • The Guest Star Kirby glitch and the credits T-pose glitch have been fixed.
  • Just like last time, there are additional pictures in the Gallery with the new Dream Friends in them.

In the meantime, the Kirby Star Allies channel hasn't spouted additional lore since (despite being on their 10th episode) and the closest the concept art has to giving out lore is the 8 zillion rejected designs for Driblee and Floaty the Cell Core (IMO).

Dekkadeci

As I suspected from previous post-release rounds with Kirby main series games, HAL Laboratory has released some new story-relevant tidbits about Kirby Star Allies. Fuller details are in my Kirby Star Allies Channel post, which will be updated instead of this one, but the ones pertaining to the biggest fan base controversies are in this spoiler:
Spoiler
  • It continues to be left ambiguous whether the Jambastion mages (Francisca, Flamberge, and Zan Partizanne) are sisters who share blood, sisters who share a family, sisters who share a religious order, or merely sisters who share a sisterhood. HAL Laboratory even likens their ambiguous stance on this to their stance on how connected Kirby and Meta Knight are to each other.
  • Big news for Kirby Star Allies fans, and I guess this means it won't be an Ask-a-Thon question: Hyness and the Jambastion Mages all survive past the end of the game.
[close]

Dekkadeci

...I wasn't expecting Kirby Star Allies to get something this big.

Wave 3 DLC will be released on Nov. 30, 2018! As everyone who's read the latest data mine spoilers has already figured out, the latest 3 Dream Friends will be Magolor, Taranza, and Susie. Magolor gets to swing a dark echo of the Ultra Sword, summon dark magic spikes, and drive the Lor Starcutter (hmmm, he kept more of his magic from his time as a final boss than I thought he would), Taranza can conjure a dark spectre of Queen Sectonia that shoots lightning bolts (he must miss her a lot), and Susie gets a blaster and her own personal Robobot.

As everyone who has read the latest data mine spoilers might not have guessed, there will be a new game mode! Its Japanese name is in katakana and translates to "Another Dimension Heroes". It has new levels and the ability to swap Dream Friends at special gates. The bad guys' headquarters hosts a star-shaped portal to Another Dimension instead of the giant Jamba Heart of regular story mode or the round portal of the extra story-like mode. New boss fights include "Another Woods" (think a Whispy Woods clone), "Another Big Kracko", a recoloured version of King Dedede (possibly just King Dedede EX a la Kirby's Return to Dream Land), and a fight against all 3 Jambastion Mages at once! And they get cool space suits.

Now whether the Jambastion Mages end up being the final boss of that game mode is unknown, as is whether they become playable characters after beating this mode (like the latest data mine spoilers hint toward).

Tweets from the official Japanese Kirby Twitter account surrounding the Wave 3 DLC imply that the Jamba Heart might have been sent into the evil headquarters from Another Dimension. Maybe the Jambastion Mages think that Another Dimension is a great source of dark gods, and that's why they get fought in Another Dimension? At any rate, those same tweets also indicate that their leader Hyness creates the star-shaped portal.

I don't think there will be Wave 4 DLC, though, as Kirby Star Allies's OST is ready to order! The song list has been omitted, but it'll probably contain the new music in "Another Dimension Heroes".

Dekkadeci

The Wave 3 DLC is out! There's loads of stuff, and some of it is so spoiler-ific (e.g. the contents of Heroes in Another Dimension) that I have a giant spoiler section this time:
  • Magolor is promoted as a "best friend" of Kirby and company, although given that he's a manipulative (if charming) liar, I have my doubts that Kirby's company actually believes this is true. I guess being "best friends" is his reason for going after the bad guys...and maybe any residual regret about his experiences with the Master Crown.
  • Taranza is said to be a "clumsy smarty-pants", and he is (possibly the only Dream Friend to be) gunning for the altar at the bad guys' headquarters itself. He is "on a journey in search of a queen", and he is "(h)oping for a true miracle". It's implied that he wants to resurrect his old friend Queen Sectonia (presumably into her previous kinder personality), and it's also implied that he knows his quest is futile but that it's still worth a shot. Just like I assumed from the fact he only has 6 limbs, his description outright says he's an insect, not a spider. I guess he's just a huge fan of spiders--and such a big fan that he can spin webs?
  • Susie is apparently still trying to get planets mechanized for Haltmann Works. Yikes! Is the bad guys' headquarters next in her crosshairs?
  • The Jambastion Mages are newly titled "The Three Mage-Sisters" and are indeed playable. They're apparently all searching for paradise while they're playable. Yes, the official Kirby Twitter account promoted them as playable characters before Wave 3's release! You can play as only one of them at a time, but you can switch between them at will. Their switching animation involves the mage being swapped out high-fiving the mage being swapped in. One of their power moves involves all 3 of them making a Friend Circle. Francisca is additionally described as wanting to add to her trophy collection, Flamberge is described as often accidentally melting Francisca's efforts to freeze her opponents, and Zan Partizanne is described as a debt-payer of her word.
  • The English name of "Another Dimension Heroes" is indeed Heroes in Another Dimension, and the English names of its bosses revealed in pre-release promotional material are Parallel Woods, Parallel Big Kracko, Parallel Dedede, and Parallel Meta Knight.
  • New music just keeps coming, with Magolor's effective boss theme including not only C-R-O-W-N-E-D but also the Dangerous Dinner map theme and Kirby's Return to Dream Land's Arena theme, Taranza's effective boss theme remixing all of Queen Sectonia's boss themes, and Susie's effective boss theme including Star Dream's first and third boss themes. The Three Mage-Sisters get a remix of their Song of Supplication and the Friend Circle theme once they're kicked down to half health, and it's also their effective boss theme later in the game. (The first half of their Heroes in Another Dimension boss fight involves Francisca and Flamberge's version of the Song of Supplication.) And yes, the Heroes in Another Dimension bosses get new music--in their case, electric guitar-heavy remixes of the regular boss theme. (Parallel Dedede and Parallel Meta Knight share a version of the remix that also incorporates the Masked Dedede theme. Sheesh, will Meta Knight and King Dedede and their counterparts keep being assigned each other's music?)
  • As usual, the new Dream Friends get special levels (with the Three Mage-Sisters arguably getting the most special levels of all) in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!
  • There are new pictures, etc.
Spoiler
  • Heroes in Another Dimension starts off with Kirby and company entering that star-shaped portal in a relatively whole-looking Divine Terminus (the end level of Jambandra, the bad guys' headquarters) and seeking 4 Spears of the Heart. Each of the Parallel bosses is guarding one of those spears.
  • Parallel Meta Knight is fought before Parallel Dedede. Unfortunately, it's quite possible that Parallel Meta Knight's pause screen description doesn't even refer to him, so we know virtually nothing about his origin...at least in English. That pause screen description basically confirms that Meta Knight and/or Parallel Meta Knight purposefully went to Sacred Square to protect it before he got hit by a small Jamba Heart. Parallel Meta Knight is titled "Otherworldly Frost Blade", and the rocks he manipulates are notably frost-encrusted.
  • The game gives a lot more details about Parallel Dedede's origin: he came from the small Jamba Heart that hit King Dedede. He was then thrown out into Another Dimension and presumably into a parallel universe. Oddly, the game says he was cast out "along with the King's own spirit", which I'm having a very tough time reconciling with what happens in Heroes in Another Dimension. I guess the real King Dedede is guaranteed to be travelling with Kirby in that game mode and therefore cast himself out in practice?
  • Parallel Meta Knight's Japanese pause screen description indicates that his origin is similar to Parallel Dedede's: he is also an incarnation of a small Jamba Heart, this time the one that hit Meta Knight.
  • Once Kirby and company have all 4 Heart Spears, they witness a new, darker Jamba Heart emerge from Another Dimension's equivalent of the Divine Terminus, then throw the spears at it. The heart smashes apart, revealing...Corrupt Hyness. While adventuring in Another Dimension, Hyness fell into a pit and got trapped in a Jamba Heart created from the darkness in his own heart. Kirby and company have to fight him again, and once he's down to half health, he gets un-hooded again and summons wooden effigies of the Three Mage-Sisters this time. He collapses at the side of the arena once defeated but does not die.
  • The Three Mage-Sisters then arrive, lament over the collapsed Hyness, then try to avenge him by fighting Kirby and company. Yes, they're the final boss of Heroes in Another Dimension. Kirby and company abandon them post-defeat and Hyness's darkness infects the Three Mage-Sisters in the "bad ending", while in the "good ending" achieved by collecting 100 or more Friend Hearts in this mode, Kirby assembles a giant Friend Heart and throws it at the mages. Their suits go back to normal, and they presumably pray everyone's way into a brighter version of the alternate Terminus. (Note how it appears to have no walls, instead having giant floating rocks.) Kirby and company then amicably part ways with the mages on a Warp Star. After that, Hyness returns to his normal coloration, and the Three Mage-Sisters rejoice and ascertain how he is. That's when you unlock the Three Mage-Sisters as playable characters. Post-credits pictures indicate that Hyness and the Three Mage-Sisters are newly on good terms with Kirby, so here's hoping that the mages realized that Kirby and company rescued Hyness.
  • You can fight many enemies in the credits of Heroes in Another Dimension, including Marx.
  • Yes, there's the long-awaited pronounced difficulty spike in Heroes in Another Dimension.
  • All the Wave 3 DLC characters' runs of Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! involve the last level being the bright, destroyed version of the Divine Terminus seen in Heroes in Another Dimension. Maybe the Three Mage-Sisters teleported everyone out of Another Dimension and into the actual Divine Terminus, but royally messed up and accidentally destroyed its walls in the overlay process? Or maybe someone wrecked the Divine Terminus in everyone's absence? Turns out that the Divine Terminus gets steadily more wrecked with every Heart Spear you collect. Dang, Another Dimension must be capable of damaging its surroundings.
  • In the Three Mage-Sisters' run of Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!, they fight Parallel bosses instead of regular versions. I haven't confirmed whether they never fight themselves, but their ending boss rush is precisely one boss long: Morpho Knight EX. The knight suddenly appears from a star mote (presumably the knight's compressed spirit) Ultimate Choice-style and fights the mages immediately. The knight's coloration is darker and more bronze this time, being consistent with the Parallel bosses. (The game reveals basically nothing new about Morpho Knight in the new pause screen description besides referring to that boss as "it". It implies that Morpho Knight EX is indeed Morpho Knight post-training, though.) Note that Zan Partizanne is not fought at the end (unlike with everyone else), and the mages sensibly don't fight any version of Hyness.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede get their vs.-Morpho-Knight theme changed out to an EDM remix of Nightmare's theme.
  • As you might have guessed, there is a Soul Melter EX difficulty on the Ultimate Choice! It's unlocked after completing the Soul Melter difficulty and clearing Heroes in Another Dimension. In this round, you fight the Parallel bosses, all 3 Mage-Sisters separately, Corrupt Hyness, the Three Mage-Sisters together, Morpho Knight EX, and a new, more difficult, recoloured version of Void Termina. This Void Termina is implied to be the Another Dimension version of Void Termina and has Void as his core. Void (famously titled "Astral Birth") strongly resembles 02 at times, he doesn't try converting his opponents to his side, and he smiles instead of contorting in pain when he explodes. The new Void Termina's pause screen descriptions indicate that Void Termina "exists in all dimensions" and the Ancients were so fascinated that they wrote about him in previous scrolls...and his next incarnation may inspire future scrolls. Void manages to get the longest music track in the entire Kirby series for his boss theme, going on for roughly 6 minutes before it loops.
  • Based on the pause screen descriptions of the new dark Void Termina and of Void--Void Termina's next incarnation is speculated to possibly become an "ally of the stars", and Void is said to be on track to replace Void Termina's "tyrannical rage" with "naptime(, g)entle breezes(, t)reats", and the potential to dream again--and perhaps also of Void's theme including mellow remixes of Green Greens and other old-school Kirby music (and Void Termina's sound effects being distorted versions of Kirby's, and Void's core defaulting to a Kirby-like face, and Japanese interviews already revealing Void Termina as "innocent"...), I've read rampant speculation that ranges from Kirby's species originating from a similar, positively reincarnated entity to Void Termina already reincarnating into a benign Kirby-like form post-game.
  • One of the new Japanese pause screen descriptions for the new dark Void Termina indicates that he--or entities like him--is a source of "heart matter", "soul matter", "dream matter", and "dark matter". No wonder the Ancients were fascinated by this guy.
  • The 3 Mage-Sisters individually get new pause screen descriptions in Soul Melter EX. All of them say that they nearly died and a "mysterious traveler" rescued them and unlocked their magical powers. Francisca was stranded in a snowstorm, Flamberge was trapped in an inferno, and Zan Partizanne was desperately climbing a tower and got struck by lightning. Based on what's already been revealed in the Kirby Star Allies channel about Zan Partizanne's Japanese pause screen descriptions, it's heavily implied that the "mysterious traveler" is Hyness. Perhaps these imply that the Three Mage-Sisters do not share a family...or perhaps it's plausible that they got separated from each other during a lousy family camping trip. They definitely imply that the mages didn't always live on Jambandra...or maybe it does snow on Jambandra. If you believe (like I do) that climbing the outside of a tower during a thunderstorm is a stupid way to try not to die (come on, you can easily go inside the tower and be much safer), you're correct: the Japanese version of Zan Partizanne's new pause screen description implies she was attempting suicide.
  • Just in case you cared, Goldon and Silvox also get a new pause screen description in Soul Melter EX. They're described as a wee bit tired of fending off treasure hunters, and they want to go on an adventure. They're rumoured to have built a raft, but when interviewed about why they haven't left their island yet, they said, "Because we'll sink! Can't you see we're made of metal?!" They totally need to put sides on their raft next. (I thought these guys were going to be comedy gold, and I was correct.)
  • For those who care about in-universe name etymology, Unhooded Corrupt Hyness's pause screen description has two notable translations: "Bastion" means "heart", and "Lor" means "paradise". Whether the Lor Starcutter's name is coincidentally heavenly is anyone's guess, but the Jambastion definitely looks like the "Heart of the Jam" now.
  • If you've tried translating Japanese pause screen descriptions like I have, the paradise the Three Mage-Sisters want to reach is likely overrated: Morpho Knight is described as coming from "極楽" in the Japanese pause screen description, which is either translated as "paradise" or the heavenly Buddhist pure land of Sukhavati/Gokuraku/"the land of ultimate bliss". Morpho Knight is not depicted as being particularly happy, and it's also described as being from worse afterlives, so...
  • You can unlock the ability to re-skin Kirby as Classic Kirby from the oldest Kirby games.
  • Turns out that the Three Mage-Sisters are searching for "楽園" ("Rakuen"/"bliss-garden"/paradise), not Morpho Knight's Gokuraku, according to their Japanese pause screen descriptions. Oddly enough, according to Void's Japanese pause screen description, he gets to go to "Rakuen" after Kirby finishes him off. Maybe the Three Mage-Sisters are chasing Void Termina?
  • This should likely end a fan debate: Morpho Knight EX's Japanese pause screen description indicates that it absorbs power from a certain "white knight" every day. Given Morpho Knight's Japanese pause screen description referring to a "white knight" in a scenario where the only guaranteed accompanying knight is Galacta Knight, and Galacta Knight being referred to as a "White Knight Time Traveler" in a Kirby: Planet Robobot English cutscene title, the "white knight" is heavily implied to be Galacta Knight (even though he isn't white), and therefore he didn't get vaporized or die when he encountered that spirit butterfly.
[close]

Dekkadeci

HAL Laboratory has finally released all Japanese song names for the Kirby Star Allies OST!

https://www.hallab.co.jp/products/201801/

Given Google Translate, all character names, and all stage/picture/etc. names, you can actually make reasonable guesses as to what EVERY song title corresponds to in the game. (Several of my guesses were confirmed in their promotional videos.) All the songs that were directly ripped from earlier games being labelled with those game's names definitely helps.

Now as to whether any additional lore is revealed in those song titles...better translators than me can figure out.

I sadly confirm that the name of Morpho Knight's theme reveals nothing new, though. On the bright side, at least we have a better name for that other theme than "Astral Birth Void"!