News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Nintendo SNES Classic Announces, and holy shet

Started by Olimar12345, June 26, 2017, 11:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

I just enjoyed DL3 as a game more than Dream Course lol

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on June 28, 2017, 07:33:06 PMI just enjoyed DL3 as a game more than Dream Course lol

Well, the way I see it, comparing main series games and spinoffs is like comparing apples to oranges.

Good Example (the following includes opinions): Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards > Kirby's Dream Land 3

or... Kirby's Star Stacker > Kirby's Avalanche (by a landslide... heheheh... sorry)

Bad Example: Kirby's Block Ball > Kirby: Canvas Curse (While I think it is, that's besides the point)

Spinoffs are just a way to let loose within franchises. They don't need to follow principles from the main games; they just need to establish their own, while still proving themselves as part of their franchises. That said, that doesn't mean that there are no bad spinoffs; Kirby's Avalanche was a simple port of Puyo Puyo and Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise was just a monopoly game with Mega Man characters.

Are you guys making sense of what I'm saying, or am I missing something?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

No I understand where you're coming from lol, it's never good to compare main series games and spinoffs. I was just saying that I personally had more fun playing DL3 than I did with Dream Course. They're both fine games, but I just enjoyed one more than the other.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on June 28, 2017, 07:53:25 PMThey're both fine games, but I just enjoyed one more than the other.

And there is certainly nothing wrong with that. But, too be honest with you guys...

Mini Golf is easier for me than Dream Course. I have no idea why. I just got it last month through the Wii Virtual Console, and have had little time to play it, but have only passed the first course, after many embarrassing attempts.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Static on June 28, 2017, 07:07:00 PMAlso, I think this would've been a great opportunity to show off some more obscure SNES games that haven't been released in many parts of the world, like Terranigma, FE3/4 , or Live-A-Live. While the game selection is excellent, and all 21 games here are very, very good, I can't help but notice the big missed opportunities here.
I once read that Square Enix won't release an English version of Live a Live because they no longer have that game's original source code, so they understandably don't want to remake it from black box testing and first principles.

I wonder how many remakes publishers won't release because of similar reasons...

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dude

mikey

unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Olimar12345

In case you missed it, preorders went live today and are gone. Supply on preorders is supposed to keep trickling in as the release date approaches, so keep a look out. Included here is a link to many preorder pages for your refreshing needs:

https://www.destructoid.com/-update-here-are-a-few-places-you-can-pre-order-the-snes-classic-445583.phtml

Good fucking luck everyone.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

LeviR.star

When is the stock expected to increase? I skimmed it.