News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Madmonk12345's Arrangement Thread

Started by Madmonk12345, June 27, 2017, 01:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmonk12345

I'll be placing some arrangements here, starting with National Park. I've been struggling to get the format right, and suspect I need to do a lot of things I'm not entirely familiar with. What more does it need to be submitted?

I'll be placing some arrangements here, starting with National Park. I've been struggling to get the format right, and suspect I need to do a lot of things I'm not entirely familiar with. What more does it need to be submitted?
*Updated July 3 2017
MUS MUSX MIDI PDF

Dekkadeci

Looking at your PDF alone:
  • Bar 4's right-hand beaming is fused together and nearly unreadable when I initially load the page on Google Drive (this oddly seems to be alleviated when I zoom in and out). This makes me confused at first glance whether they're supposed to represent 32nd notes or 16th notes.
  • The last arpeggio line in Bar 9 is unpleasantly close to touching the previous chord's notes.
  • Bar 14 has one of the most confusing cases of do-I-strike-this-supposedly-held-note-again. In the right hand, the last two 16th notes combined with the last 8th note really makes me wonder whether I hold down or repeat that B double flat.
  • Bar 16's pp and p dynamic markings touch the left-hand beams.
  • The dynamic markings in Bars 25-27 don't align, and unlike Bar 28, I can't see any reasons why they shouldn't align. (Bar 16's dynamic markings also don't quite align, although that case is less noticeable.)
  • I was this close to not interpreting the hand cross-clef line correctly in Bar 28 because it didn't pierce the triplet bracket.
  • In the last two 16th notes and the last 8th note of the right hand in Bar 30, I don't know whether I'm supposed to hold down the A flat or the C.
  • I'd appreciate it if the right-hand half note in Bar 30 had its stem pointing downward. It looks sloppy with its stem pointing upward into the note and upward-pointing stem on top.
  • Bar 32's rests are poorly positioned. The 8th rest is embedded in a note (to the point where I had to tell it was an 8th rest from context), and the half rest is so badly positioned that I thought the note there was a 16th note at first. I'd like all the bottom rests in that bar to be moved down.
  • Bars 33-34's dynamic markings don't align, either.
  • The fused beams problem strikes again in Bars 35-38, Bars 40-45, and Bar 48 (and even Bars 33-34 to a certain extent).
  • The 4 quarter rests in the left hand of Bar 46 look like they should be replaced with a whole rest.
  • The highest notes in the right hand of Bar 48 have a ton of ledger lines (I'd say that 4-5 ledger lines are too many), which makes them hard to read. They aren't in chords with substantially lower notes, so I think an 8va line should be used with them. (I've seen significantly more sheet music with 4 or more ledger lines in the bass clef than the treble clef.)
  • Lastly, my personal preference is to use 8va lines instead of the less noticeable and much-less-common-in-published-piano-sheet-music treble-clef-with-an-8-sign-on-top.

Madmonk12345

Went and did some more updates and cleanup. This is somehow more difficult than before, but I need some feedback from Daj on what he wants exactly relating to melodic and rhythmic identity in the last section. What should be done to it next?

LeviR.star

If you want more feedback, you could always submit your sheet, Madmonk!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

No. It should be submitted when it's good and ready, and not a moment before.

LeviR.star

What I mean is that when people stop giving you feeback on a personal arrangement, it probably means they've given you all the feedback they can.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements