News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Which is better: Harry Potter movies or Harry Potter books?

Started by SuperFireKirby, July 14, 2008, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Same thing as the subject.

The Movies
5 (12.5%)
The Books
30 (75%)
They Both Suck
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

SuperFireKirby

I personally hate them both but it's fun to see what people think. ;)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

HungryDragon

well the books do have Mrs. Weasly    ::)

NOT MY DAUTER YOU BITCH
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

Composer #40

Didn't the movies kill the entire series because of their crapiness (besides the first one)? :-\

It happens Every. Day!

Palagerini

Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

blah54

the books by far... the movies miss too much of the story, and the kid/teen actors sometimes seem like they're lost...

the only thing that i considered better in the movies than in the books was the quittich (or however you spell it)... but even then...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: Composer #40 on July 14, 2008, 09:13:57 AMDidn't the movies kill the entire series because of their crapiness (besides the first one)? :-\

the answer to that is yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

BlueFlameDude

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: BlueFlameDude on July 19, 2008, 08:23:21 PMnever judge a book by its movie
all i gots to say
well, i agree.

my favorite harry potter movies go like this:

the sorcerers stone
the chamber of secrets
all the other movies are complete crap

Dekudude

I think the books are better, but I enjoy the movies too. ^_^;

Gooch

The movies were total crap (cept for the first one, i still watch it, but they all sucked after that) by far the books were better and J.K. was stupid to say the Dumbledore was gay, there was no insinuation towards that at any point in time. In fact, i thought him and Mcgonagle had something going on!

PseudoMario16

what pissed me off when J.K. said that dumbledore was gay, was that it actually bothered people. when you read a book, its supposed to be your interpretation of the book. if somebody tells you something about that book, it doesnt have to be true or false

Davey

I heard a 18 Year old Kid in London killed himself when

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ 6&7

SERIOUSLY, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM YET, DON'T LOOK DOWN HERE

Okay, if you are here then you probably have read 6&7. Huh? You haven't? That means several more hours of holding down Enter!

jk.

Okay so he killed himself when he finished the 6th book and found out that dumbledore dies. I was like
"what an idiot!"

PseudoMario16

wtf- dis that kid have a life???
if he did, it probably wouldnt have matterd as much that dumbledore died

SuperFireKirby

It's prtty dumb that J.K. Rowling announced Dumbledore was gay though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!