News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The NSM Ultimate Ranking Topic

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 03, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

the Mario franchise is insanely repetitive so if you like the gameplay a lot that's fantastic
if platformers aren't your thing there's only a few of them that you'll like
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 26, 2017, 05:00:45 PMI'm only stating the facts for what they are

Calling those statements "facts" is pretty extreme. Each New Super Mario Bros. game is similiar, because they're all called, "New Super Mario Bros.". Each game has plenty of differences.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 26, 2017, 04:10:52 PMevery single Mario game ever is more or less the exact same thing

except for Sunshine and 64

Galaxy, to me, shares a lot more with its 2D predecessors than anything else in terms of level design and structure. Ever since Galaxy, the trend has gotten a lot more noticable in each subsequent 3D Mario game (though Odyssey might change that). 64 and Sunshine, on the other hand, are much more focused on exploration and collecting things, especially Sunshine.

While it's up to you whether which gameplay style is better, there's no doubt that the 3D games have been aligning more and more with the 2D games ever since Galaxy. Personally, I prefer just pure platforming in my Mario games, but 64/Sunshine have their own merits, such as incredibly varied objectives and deeper controls.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Static on August 26, 2017, 06:22:07 PM64/Sunshine have their own merits, such as incredibly varied objectives and deeper controls.

and their own downfalls, such as 100-coin stars and pachinko machines
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

and the blue coins, and the wing cap red coins thing, and the lily pad ride, and the roller coaster balloons, and the watermelon on gelato beach...

mikey

maybe I was blinded by the amazing orchestral soundtrack
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Static on August 26, 2017, 06:49:04 PMand the watermelon on gelato beach...

AGH FUCK MAN I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 26, 2017, 07:11:28 PMAGH FUCK MAN I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME

It wasn't that bad.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

mikey

unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Pachinko Machine is still way worse.

mikey

I don't think I've gotten that shine sprite to this day
unmotivated

Static

No, the worst is the lily pad ride...

...taking like 10 minutes to ride the boats over with yoshi (who cant touch water for some reason)...

...you only get one shot to get all the red coins or else you have to tediously hover across the river and hope you don't die...

...that one fucking pipe at the end that you think takes you back the beginning of the stage...

It's just awful.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.