News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The NSM Ultimate Ranking Topic

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 03, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

objectively best video games of all time

1. Wind Waker
2. EarthBound
3. A Link to the Past
4. League of Legends
5. Shovel Knight
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Don't make me quote my previous list

mikey

it says "objectively" though, that means you need to prove I'm wrong
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 04, 2017, 05:38:43 PMit says "objectively" though, that means you need to prove I'm wrong

No one's wrong here, Noc; this is all opinion.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 04, 2017, 06:01:03 PMNo one's wrong here, Noc; this is all opinion.
except my ranking is objective meaning it's been proven that these are the best.  Trying to label it as "opinion" is foolhardy at best
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 03, 2017, 11:04:56 PMWorst opinions
1. NoS
You can't call a video game objectively "the best." Every portion of a video game is subject to a person's outlooks on life. That's why no person's top 10 video games are ever the same, and why no great game is objectively better than another. We all view media through our own perspective and all see different things.

My list:
1. Mother 3
2. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
3. Umineko no Naku koro Ni
4. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
7. Portal 2
8. Super Metroid
9. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
10. NieR: Automata

I enjoyed every second of these games, and, with the exception of Brothers, as I played it in one sitting, were games I always looked forward to playing and made time for. They're all games that have impacted me both as a gamer and a person. Yes, it's an opinion. It can't be anything else.

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 04, 2017, 07:17:44 PMYou can't call a video game objectively "the best."
I just did, whatup
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 04, 2017, 07:29:16 PMI just did, whatup

Tell me, Noc; did you take up ignorance as a hobby? Or is this purely uncontrolled?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

In terms of design only:

1) Glaceon
2) Jolteon
3) Espeon
4) Leafeon
5) Sylveon
6) Vaporeon
7) Flareon
8} Umbreon

Love them all though <3
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 04, 2017, 07:31:35 PMTell me, Noc; did you take up ignorance as a hobby? Or is this purely uncontrolled?
you're cute

I'll explain when you're older
unmotivated

Dudeman

Levi's becoming a straight savage and I love it. NSM is finally rubbing off on him.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Eeveelutions Ranking (mostly design):
1. Espeon: Espeon is dope all around.
2. Jolteon: By and far the best of the classic, original Eeveelutions.
3. Leafeon: It's a bit on the thin/frail side, but I really like the nice, earthy color scheme.
4. Vaporeon: Cute lil' frill and fishy tail is pretty great.
5. Flareon: You can never go wrong with Flareon. Except the fact that Flareon desperately needed the Physical/Special split to come like, three generations earlier so that it didn't have so much wasted SpA. Boy, I'm really starting to ramble here. I should probably stop.
6. Umbreon: Its design is okay, if a bit minimalist. Black and yellow go pretty well together.
7. Sylveon: Flesh ribbons. Eww.
8. Glaceon: The original flesh ribbons. Weird dangly ear-things don't work at all for its design, and, in its sprites, makes it look extremely top heavy.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 04, 2017, 08:25:18 PM8. Glaceon: The original flesh ribbons. Weird dangly ear-things don't work at all for its design, and, in its sprites, makes it look extremely top heavy.

welp
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 04, 2017, 08:25:18 PMEeveelutions Ranking (mostly design):
1. Espeon: Espeon is dope all around.
2. Jolteon: By and far the best of the classic, original Eeveelutions.
3. Leafeon: It's a bit on the thin/frail side, but I really like the nice, earthy color scheme.
4. Vaporeon: Cute lil' frill and fishy tail is pretty great.
5. Flareon: You can never go wrong with Flareon. Except the fact that Flareon desperately needed the Physical/Special split to come like, three generations earlier so that it didn't have so much wasted SpA. Boy, I'm really starting to ramble here. I should probably stop.
6. Umbreon: Its design is okay, if a bit minimalist. Black and yellow go pretty well together.
7. Sylveon: Flesh ribbons. Eww.
8. Glaceon: The original flesh ribbons. Weird dangly ear-things don't work at all for its design, and, in its sprites, makes it look extremely top heavy.
I like this list
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

@Maelstrom I'm a bit surprised that 999 beat out Virtue's Last Reward, and that both beat out the Ace Attorney trilogy haha.

Here's my list of favorite games, take the rankings with a grain of salt bc I love all of these a lot and if I was being totally accurate, the first six would be the Professor Layton games and the next six would be the Ace Attorney games. But you get the gist.

1. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All
3. Pokémon, I guess Black is my favorite
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
5. Super Mario 64 or New Super Mario Bros. U/Luigi U for favorite 3D and 2D Mario respectively
6. Hotel Dusk: Room 215
7. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
8. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
10. Undertale (I'm so sorry Noc I had Luigi's Mansion here but I had to list this one instead)

Honorable mentions and notes:
-Again, Luigi's Mansion was really close to making the cut
-I originally had the entire AA trilogy as number 2, but ultimately decided that was cheating. Rest assured, all of the AA games are right there underneath Layton.
-Steins;gate is as good as Virtue's Last Reward, but the latter doesn't have the slow and borderline boring setup quite so much.
-Mario & Luigi RPGs, mainly didn't put these on because it's impossible for me to pick one. I guess Partners in Time is my favorite.
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box is about on par with Curious Village for me as my favorite, but I've played the latter more times (it's my most frequently replayed game ever) and it's ultimately the one I felt like I needed to put.
-Same goes for Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, which is as good as Hotel Dusk but which I've only played once while I've played Hotel Dusk about five times.
-Ocarina of Time 3D is basically tied with Majora's Mask, I consider them two parts of one bigger picture. Majora's Mask is just the one I like a little more.

If making this list has taught me anything, it's that I usually like the quirkier or darker sequels as much or more as the originals (see Layton, AA, Zelda, Mario & Luigi, Zero Escape) and also I like single player generally more than multiplayer games
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.