The Werewolf Game: Basic Guide and Official Rules

Started by Nakah, July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

As a wolf in your game maestro Verm told me to directly say something and what I had to say had a quote in it. I directly copied it, pasted it, posted it and it was completely messed up because the quote tag wasn't copied over. If I hadn't edited it people would have found out I copied the post and I was working with someone else :|.

If you don't provide a screenshot you should be punished in some form.

Dude

Quote from: Nakah on July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PMRules

1. Players are not allowed to share their role PMs or conversations with the host. If all the humans just screenshotted their role PMs and put them in the thread, it would be obvious who the wolves were and the game would fall apart. This also includes copying and pasting conversations or PMs with the host, or sharing any information contained in your role PM, such as the time it was sent.

2. The host will not tell you anything about who the other player's roles are, don't bother him for this information, doing such is cheating, game ban ensues.

3. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason. Moderators are not allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts, without host consent. Moderators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread. A player who edits a post without receiving explicit permission from the host/TWC will receive a penalty of one phantom vote.

4. Dead men tell no tales. If you have died in the werewolf game, do not post for any reason, even if that post does not contain game-relevant information. One death post may be allowed by the person killed during the Night phase, but that post may not contain any information about the game or your role.

5. The dead are prohibited from talking to living players about the game. Information may not flow into the game from the grave. If someone is found giving information to a living player, they are subject to a game or more ban.

6. Don't post in game threads unless you are in that game.

7. Players are allowed to share PMs and chat logs sent from other players. They are allowed to forge fake PMs and chat logs sent from other players. But they are not allowed to impersonate other players or the host, fake logs or PMs from the host or anything of that nature. If you have a question about any part of this rule, ask the host or the TWC before making a mistake.

8. No player, under ANY circumstances, is allowed a free passage into a future TWG. Not if they are killed night 1, not if they are the MVP of the previous game, not if they hosted the previous game. You must sign up in the Game Signups as everyone else. Hosts are allowed to set specific times when the players are able to sign up.

9. The Host reserves the right to admit or kick any player he sees fit before the game begins. If the player is unequipped to play during the game, it is the hosts descretion whether or not the player will be removed from this game.

10. Playing in a single TWG with two accounts is cheating. Punishments for offenders will be severe.

11. A topic related to a current game may only be posted by the host of that game.

12. Players who submit games to host sign-up topics are prohibited from submitting games to the next two host sign-up topics. This does not apply to games that get second place in those sign-ups, which get a free do-over.

13. As mentioned in the "Other Mechanics and Vocabulary" section, phantom penalties have been modified. As of January 17th, 2013, following TWG XLVI: Have it Your Way, hosts are allowed to replace players who receive phantom votes, at their discretion. Any player who receives two phantom votes in one game will given a single game ban, but will not be ejected from the current game. If a player has a really, really good excuse for why they weren't able to come online for 2 minutes and make a safety vote, the phantom penalty may be waived.

14. The moderators of The Werewolf Game, known as The Werewolf Council, reserve the right to change/add rules or deal punishments as appropriate. Do not abuse loopholes or attempt to break games because certain mechanics are not specifically prohibited by the rules. If you are curious about whether something is allowed, send a PM to any member of the TWC, or the game's host.

15. [New!]
Spoiler
Read this for the rules regarding the new anonymous accounts. Otherwise, ignore it.

The following accounts have been created for anonymous games:

1. TWG Mario
2. TWG Luigi
3. TWG Bowser
4. TWG Yoshi
5. TWG Waluigi
6. TWG Link
7. TWG Kirby
8. TWG Pikachu
9. TWG Samus
10. TWG Fox
11. TWG DK
12. TWG Falcon
13. TWG Pit
14. TWG Snake
15. TWG Sonic
16. TWG Master Chief
17. TWG Ness
18. TWG Tingle
19. TWG Haruhi Suzumiya
20. TWG VermillionDollars

This thread will detail how these accounts will be used as well as what rules are associated with them. These will eventually be added to the rules topic, but I feel an announcement like this is necessary for such a radical change.

Once your game wins, you can put up a sign-up topic. At this point, if you want to utilize the special accounts, send Bird a PM specifying which of the 20 accounts you would like to use. You'll get the passwords to those accounts, and you can distribute those passwords to the players whenever you want (either at the beginning for an anonymous game or in the middle if you just want an anonymous phase). You can give players multiple anonymous accounts as well. After the post-game goes up, the passwords of the accounts will be changed, and the users will be locked out.

1. Under no circumstances is a player or host permitted to modify the email address associated with any of the anonymous accounts. This will result in a permanent ban.
2. The anonymous accounts are not permitted to post in any topic besides the game one for which they were distributed.
3. Hosts will be given the passwords to each anonymous account, but they are not allowed to log into those accounts to gather information.
4. Hosts are allowed to change the avatars and signatures of these accounts prior to the game thread going up. If he or she elects to do so, players are disallowed from modifying the accounts or signatures. It is the host's responsibility to return the accounts to normal.
5. Players may change the avatars of each account as long as the avatar is still clearly representative of the account name. They are not permitted to change the signatures.
6. Hosts may place additional restrictions on each of these accounts regarding changes or posting styles, but it is up to him to enforce these rules.
[close]

16. Be nice. Have fun.
where is "revealing everyone's roles" appear in that because i dun see it

Bird

3 rule changes have been made which will go into effect following the completion of TWG 54: Game of Wolves:

- Editing will result in a warning, additional editing will result in game bans (unless permission is given by the host to edit). We're serious about this!
- Screenshots are now illegal unless hosts specifically state that they are allowed.
- Hosts will have one week to get their game up and running after they win the hosting poll. Additionally, and this isn't necessarily a rule change, host polls will start at the end of the previous game, with the sign-up topics going up near the middle of the previous game.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

Oh man this seems super fun but super hard... I doubt I have the brain capacity to play it... :(
unmotivated

Mashi

Everyone struggles to play initially.  It's the type of game that looks hard on paper but is easy to immerse into.  We'll likely have a nice game next Host Sign Ups that may help you ease into the game if you're interested in joining.  We could always use more Players; the more the merrier after all!

Also, don't believe that about yourself.  You're a Human being, you have the brain capacity to do anything!  But it's a lot harder if you don't believe yourself.  So if you don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you believing in me who believes in you!!!

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

MaestroUGC

New games usually start within a week of the current game's ending.

Host sign-ups will go up near the end.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Night 4 is the time when the sign-ups go up, if I recall.

mikey

sweet.

When's that?  Like specific day??? :?
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bird

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 29, 2013, 02:29:49 PMsweet.

When's that?  Like specific day??? :?
Day phases last 2 days, night phases last 1 day, so I'd say about two weeks from now, or shorter.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

Okay seriously how does this game even work?
Like is the goal to convince people that you are human, and werewolves that you're a wolf?  Or at least make them unsure?
What if you never posted anything but "Hi".?
unmotivated

mikey

Never mind the wolves would know if I'm a wolf.  So it's just "act human"?
unmotivated

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 02, 2013, 05:34:16 AMOkay seriously how does this game even work?
Like is the goal to convince people that you are human, and werewolves that you're a wolf?  Or at least make them unsure?
What if you never posted anything but "Hi".?
Wolves goal: kill the humans... without getting caught
Humans goal: Kill the wolves....

(I think this breaks it down enough)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...