The Werewolf Game: Basic Guide and Official Rules

Started by Nakah, July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Brawler4Ever

Quote from:  The Rules2. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason.
Technically, no player edited their own post. Monika did.

Quote from: The RulesModerators are not allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts without host consent.
The moderator, Monika, had permission of the host, mikey.

Quote from: The RulesModerators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread.
This was never an issue, since Monika was the host for a little while.

Quote from: The RulesA player who edits a post without receiving explicit permission from the host/TWC will receive a warning. Further offenses will result in game bans.
Monika had explicit permission from both TWC and the host to edit player's posts.

I really don't see where Monika broke the rules. ;)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

mikey

unmotivated

davy

So, I updated the rules. There is a couple of changes, mainly adding more special role discriptions, removing references to phantoms and putting rules restricting hosting on non-active.

Additionally there are some rules I want to discuss with the community:

For starters, our hosting procedure hasn't followed the procedure mentioned in the OP for some time.
Currently, we have players sign up first, and then have hosts balance their game based on the number of players. This causes problems because it forces players to decide wether to sign up or not before they have seen the game.
What I propose is that during post game, players state if they are interested in playing the next game. We can then do host sign-ups immediately afterwards, where potential games have a number of players similar to the player interest in the post game.
Does anyone else have an idea about this?

Standard wolf win conditions. A couple years ago we changed the wolf win condition from equaling the human numbers at the end of a day phase to equaling the number of humans at any point.
I'm personally not a fan of this change and I would like to revert it, so I would like to know your input about this matter.

And finally, are there rules that you want to see added, removed or changed? I'm open to suggestions.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

Typically the game should be designed to always hit parity after a lynch, forcing the wolves to no-kill if they want to end the game
That's why my games sometimes start with a day phase, and I think that practice should be implemented rather than changing the rules in a way that could cause confusion
Busy rn but I'll actually read through and suggest changes in a while
unmotivated

mikey

include a link to the discord server- https://discord.gg/fcZdp

roles look ok though maybe just include a link to the mafiauniverse dictionary?

remove "common mistake from humans" in the Bandwagon description, since bandwagoning isn't a "mistake" (this isn't a huge deal)

get rid of the manti rule, it hasn't been a thing since I started playing TWG and nobody on NSM is good enough to be a "must-kill" night one, seriously.  There's no argument for having it.

the rest of the rules look good I think?
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Um excuse you, do not get rid of the manti rule you swine.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Nakah on July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PMManhunts - A manhunt is a special kind of TWG with just one wolf, and little to no special roles on the human side. Here is an example.

Menhunts - A game with multiple wolves and no special roles on the human side. Here is an example.

These links are broken.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

a few things-

there is no rule 13 and 14 I think

add a section on angleshooting and not doing it
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Brawler4Ever

Dude