News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Which Legend of Zelda Game should there be a live action movie/tv show for?

Started by BotW Link, August 28, 2017, 02:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Legend of Zelda Game should there be a live action movie/tv show for?

Ocarina of Time
2 (16.7%)
The Wind Waker
2 (16.7%)
Twilight Princess
2 (16.7%)
A Link To The Past
0 (0%)
Other (post what your choice of game is)
5 (41.7%)
Skyward Sword
0 (0%)
The Legend of Zelda
0 (0%)
Breath of the Wild
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

BotW Link

Olimar12345

I picked other. My choice would be for there to not be a series/movie adaptation because they always blow :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

as someone who's brought this up before, some Zelda games have a storyline that could really be done justice with a live action movie.  That being said, the Zelda story is probably told on the best medium for those stories.  Some of the older ones with not much dialogue or even gameplay could go a long way with a fleshed-out story.  Still, like olimar says, it would just suck.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BotW Link

Olimar12345

SlowPokemon

What asshole picked Twilight Princess

expected/10, but I still have to say that Majora's Mask would be the coolest. It would be almost like a horror film.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

swimswamit

Zelda has great stories for a game, but it would definitely not translate over to a live action film imo, it just isn't set up the same.
I mean there really hasn't ever been a live action video game movie that's been critically successful (regardless of how much money they've made). Even the tomb raider movies aren't heralded as good movies. The closest shot we have to getting a good live action video game movie is J.J Abrams with the Portal or Half-life movie he is working on.

Dudeman

Quote from: swimswamit on August 28, 2017, 07:12:55 PMThe closest shot we have to getting a good live action video game movie is J.J Abrams with the Portal or Half-life movie he is working on.
Even then, I don't think they're at all guaranteed of being any good. Both feature silent protagonists. That can make adaptations quite tricky.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BotW Link

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345