News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Which Legend of Zelda Game should there be a live action movie/tv show for?

Started by BotW Link, August 28, 2017, 02:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Legend of Zelda Game should there be a live action movie/tv show for?

Ocarina of Time
2 (16.7%)
The Wind Waker
2 (16.7%)
Twilight Princess
2 (16.7%)
A Link To The Past
0 (0%)
Other (post what your choice of game is)
5 (41.7%)
Skyward Sword
0 (0%)
The Legend of Zelda
0 (0%)
Breath of the Wild
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

BotW Link

Dudeman

Jesus that quote's old. Poor guy.

I guess I haven't actually weighed in on this topic yet, so: while I think the Zelda series has enough lore and archetypal story structure to formulate a movie around, part of the core experience of the Zelda series is exploring the world in Link's boots. It wasn't until relatively recently that Link was given any sort of characterization beyond "the protagonist who has no objections to going on a quest"; Any characterization was provided by other characters' dialogue about him. The player was Link, for all intents and purposes, and the game was about the player's journey through Hyrule. Creating a movie or TV series removes that aspect and that's a big part of what makes the series so good.

welp I got ninja'd but it was to re-rail the topic so go me
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Wind wakers remake also had gyro bow controls, and as neat as that is, you get to physically draw the bowstring back.  It's fantastic

On topic: first Zelda could support a movie, a link to the past could, and wind waker could.  The biggest hurdle is the non-speaking thing
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2017, 05:05:39 PMTwilight Princess is way worse, and the worse thing about it is that people will tell you it's amazing or the best Zelda. It's like offensively unfun.

So I have bad taste in game? :(
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Lol @ slow for digging up that quote. At the time of that post, SS had only been out for like two months, so ofc I still thought it was great because it was new (like a true fanboy). The difference here is that SS hasn't aged well at all, and now that it's had time to weigh in with the rest of the series it's worst features have shined though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 30, 2017, 08:38:53 AMShe's so ugly and obnoxious

Zelda? Obnoxious, but hardly as unpleasant to look at as SS. Yeeesh that one was bad.

mikey

Also, ss was just a fun person whereas botw was like, not even there

If they were real people I know who I would hang out with and who I'd actively avoid, lets just say that
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Point taken, but I was addressing your previous post which was solely about looks and obnoxiousness.

mikey

I still think ss Zelda is better looking than botw but I acknowledge that people have different taste in video game waifus
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

My favorite version of Zelda is probably Breath of the Wild I love her design

@olimar I happened upon that quote two days ago and was like "I need to make a mental note of this" and then lo and behold I had the opportunity
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.