Series: Castlevania
Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Clockwork
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Johnny Goforth

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

This applies to both of your arrangements, btw, so I'm not going to post twice. First of all, a youtube link would be appreciated to make checking easier.
The main thing is the formatting. It's pretty bad now, but your sheet looks relatively accurate. Check this guide to see what it should look like.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Oh crud, I forgot to mention that et. al is not something we do here. We stick in all the composers, even if it means moving down the systems on the first page.

triforced1

OH BOY. There's like 4 composers for CV3. Lemme just change that real quick

Olimar12345

Here is some feedback:

-At the end of the piece you have a repeat bar with an ending bracket for no apparent reason (lol). I'd remove it or better yet: replace it entirely with a D.C. Either way the bracket must go.
-The entire LH is in octaves and I think it would not only sound better if it wasn't, but it's also be much easier to play.
-With a little work, you could easily fit this onto three pages and save some trees.
-The D in the LH in measure 6 should be an Ab
-The D in the LH in measure 9 and 17 should be an F#
-Measure 23's LH should play two eighth note D's at the end of the bar, one below the previous one and the second back up the octave.
-The second eighth note in measure 31 (LH) should be an A above the written F#
-The D's in both hands in the last measure should be Eb's
-The last measure should be down an octave for the LH
-I think the 7/8 measure would work better as a measure of 2/4 followed by a measure of 3/8, so that rather than the entire figure looking different it's easier to see what's really going on metrically.
-The A# in measure 1 should be a Bb.
-The A# and D# in measure 2 should be Bb and Eb.
-The D#'s in measure 4 should be Eb's.
-I'd hold the high G throughout measures 5-6 like it does in the original. Also adjust the lower part accordingly there too.
-Ab in the 7/8 bar should be a G#.
-The last 6 bars should be in 3/4 time.

Long story short, there were more wrong notes. Below is a new version of the sheet with the above corrections plus more. In general, I'd say to slow down the recording if you need to and you'll probably catch more of these small things. Feel free to just swap out the files in the op with these and we'll accept it.

[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

triforced1

Thanks for the feedback! It's really appreciated. For my WIPs I'll try to be a bit more meticulous lol

Olimar12345

Cool. The castlevania section definitely needs more attention, too.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

triforced1

Reuploaded!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 31, 2017, 03:10:09 PMThe castlevania section definitely needs more attention, too.

Yeah my plan is to do most or all of the CV3 sheets, since we don't have any of them.

Olimar12345

Quote from: triforced1 on August 31, 2017, 03:49:20 PMYeah my plan is to do most or all of the CV3 sheets, since we don't have any of them.

you are a saint

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot