News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[NES] Sweet Home - "Battle Theme" by Rwars

Started by Zeta, September 02, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rwars

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 08, 2017, 08:56:13 AMThis is unrelated, but could you please explain why your submission is titled, "Battle", while the sheet itself is titled, "Battle Theme"? I think the initial would be simpler.
This thread has been open for 2 or so months, and somehow I've never noticed that. I should probably see if there is a way to change this submission's title to "Battle Theme", since making it just "Battle" wouldn't go with the other tracks I already have up, like "Fresco Theme" or "Basement Theme"...

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 08, 2017, 08:56:13 AM- those 16th systems in the LH; change it to a 16th (up) - 16th - 8th - 8th note pattern. It will easier on the fingers at this tempo, even if it is rhythmically inaccurate
Oh? What do you mean by this? Are you saying that instead of being four 16ths, followed by two 8ths, that it should be instead two 16th notes, then three 8th notes?

Rwars

Hm, I was talking to someone earlier, and they did give me a suggestion for the LH. Since repeating two notes is easier than one, especially with 16th notes, I wanted to suggest if it would be a good idea to make the LH more playable by repeating both the upper and bottom octave notes kinda like so.

Sebastian

This above illustration would work. I would recommend that. It's not possible to play it the way it currently is.

This song is close!
- Right-align the composer/arranger names.
- I would adjust the bassline to match your illustration above.
For playability, I would notate the first 4 measures like this:

Basically, get rid of the excess notes and keep the melody.

InsigTurtle

Stripping it to the melody only would lose some of the urgency and makes the chord a bit more ambiguous. On the other hand, it is very difficult to play as it is, but not impossible. If you're going to simplify it, I'd recommend having an ossia with the original above it to add some context (and a challenge for more advanced players)

Rwars

I'm happy to hear! How do you add an ossia in Finale, anyways?

Sebastian

Rwars

Added the ossia and realigned the composed/arranged stuff. Not exactly sure how to work an ossia, however.

Sebastian

I'll have to double check the notes, but I like how this is looking. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Olimar12345

-Align the ossia so that it lines up with the measure below it.
-I would suggest simplifying the LH in a way that doesn't lose the lower octave's articulation in regards to the original. Maybe only eighth notes?
-The first half of measure 8 (LH) should be all E's.
-The second half of measure 8 (LH) should be all D's.
-The first half of measure 9 (LH) should be all C's.
-The second half of measure 9 (LH) should be all B's.

Here's a file containing these changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yl21xj3b7215e8/battle12345.mus?dl=1
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Next time post saying you updated the files. I missed something small in the version I posted (which you uploaded) so I fixed it for you. We're good to go with this one.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot