Previous topic - Next topic

TWG vote

Brainy's Sonic Themed Game
4 (44.4%)
Nocturne's Minnesota Fair Themed Game
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 03, 2017, 09:57:23 AMI want to host my game from last signups
Remind us of it, cuz scrolling back to a new topic is hard, ribbit
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

I'm lazy and on mobile, a deadly combination

It's Minnesota state fair themed (and it keeps kids out of school until after labor day, thank goodness)
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Oh yeah the control freak thingy with the Mocha power up. I was going to do something like that with my game, but make it a chaos emerald but decided against it

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on September 03, 2017, 09:08:14 AMSally can't claim to sonic, because she can't tell anyone who sonic is (at least, that's how I interpreted it). Humans are only allowed a single mislynch (just like last game), and specials cannot be protected, meaning that if the wolves never hit a special, humans still aren't guaranteed victory. I actually find Brainy's game more balanced than last game.
She doesn't have to tell anybody who Sonic is; she just has to tell Sonic her identity. There's nothing stopping her from doing that, as long as she has the ability to send any PMs. Plus, like I mentioned, if every human role knows who they are (there's nothing mentioning that they're only told they're normal humans), that's obviously bad for the wolves.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 03, 2017, 10:04:33 AMShe doesn't have to tell anybody who Sonic is; she just has to tell Sonic her identity. There's nothing stopping her from doing that, as long as she has the ability to send any PMs. Plus, like I mentioned, if every human role knows who they are (there's nothing mentioning that they're only told they're normal humans), that's obviously bad for the wolves.
See, everyone knowing who they are is one reason why I'm debating whether or not I should add card flips to the game, though, I could just forbid claiming to make the game more balanced. That way Sally can't form a team with sonic, and people can't just roll call and immediately bust the wolves out.

mikey

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 03, 2017, 10:03:51 AMOh yeah the control freak thingy with the Mocha power up. I was going to do something like that with my game, but make it a chaos emerald but decided against it
I like how the two things you remember are control freak and mocha
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 03, 2017, 11:01:20 AMSee, everyone knowing who they are is one reason why I'm debating whether or not I should add card flips to the game, though, I could just forbid claiming to make the game more balanced. That way Sally can't form a team with sonic, and people can't just roll call and immediately bust the wolves out.
To prevent claiming, you'd likely have to ban all forms of private communication (except for wolves), which might get messy or hurt activity (I did something similar once, though it was restricted to a single role, who was announced to the public at the beginning of the game). It would probably be more balanced of you had everybody but Amy be told they're a normal human, as is standard, but have Sally's identity revealed to herself if Sonic dies... or something like that.

Or you could do a Maestro and add a role who causes both sides to lose if they're killed. That would be interesting, I guess.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

Yeah! That works out perfectly!

Or...I could change Sally's role to be that of a reviver. Allowing her to revive only one person throughout the game.

mikey

Banning out of thread contact would theoretically have no impact on activity, it's only if people complain about the rule and refuse to be active in the thread

You should still have the same amount of activity regardless
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, because people can't talk to each other privately, that means people might be a lot more cautious about what they say, thus generating less discussion (i.e. people can't generate public conversation around things they first talked about privately, that they wouldn't want to talk about otherwise).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 03, 2017, 04:58:41 PMWell, because people can't talk to each other privately, that means people might be a lot more cautious about what they say, thus generating less discussion (i.e. people can't generate public conversation around things they first talked about privately, that they wouldn't want to talk about otherwise).
I'm allowing private messages in this game. So they're really is no point in discussing this

blueflower999

I might consider playing if the selected game looks interesting.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

We still need at least 2 more people....rip

E. Gadd Industries

*sighhhhh* I suppose I'll help out.

In
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]