[DELETED] [SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Marx's Theme" (Replacement) by fullmetalpianist

Started by Zeta, September 03, 2017, 02:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Super Star
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Marx's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: fullmetalpianist

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

LeviR.star

Hi there, fullmetalpianist! Welcome to NSM!

To start out, I'd like to say thank you for taking on this replacement! It was needed.

However, before your sheet goes any further, I'd take a look at the following Formatting Guidelines. No offense, but your sheet doesn't look much like the ideal NSM sheet. Not to worry, though; we can help with that! Even better, you seem to already have a great grasp on arranging for piano, which is an awesome factor!

Have any questions? Ask away! We're here to help!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Yeah, for starters, the sheet music font looks like the one I see for jazz music, not the typical font.

Semi-personal preference on my end, but I prefer no key signature for this piece.

This piece does need a replacement fairly badly, though...(but not as badly as some other Kirby pieces...I should get going on my Kirby transcriptions...)

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on September 03, 2017, 09:57:54 PMYeah, for starters, the sheet music font looks like the one I see for jazz music, not the typical font.

Oh, yea, that's what it was!

Now I'm picturing a jazz remix of Marx's Theme.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

For ease of checking your arrangement against the original, please include a YouTube video or something of the original song in the future:

OK, now some feedback to start regarding the arrangement itself:

- The music font should be either Maestro or Engraver and the text font should be Times New Roman.
- "Composed by" and "Arranged by" shouldn't have colons (also make sure this information is right aligned).
- The Arranger name on the sheet and on your forum profile don't match; they should.
- The first system should be indented by 0.5. The "Pno." text for every subsequent system should be removed.
- In a song like this (and because of the way you arranged it), I would put the tempo as 8th note=188. It's a bit awkward to count in quarters when the time signature is usually always over 8 and changes frequently.
- Instead of including 2 loops in the sheet, you could add a D.S. to m3 in m34 and remove the 2nd loop entirely.
- The Copyright info at the bottom should just be plan, not italicized.
- I would put notate the key as F minor instead of C minor.
- This is more of a personal preference than anything else, but have you considered doubling the values of everything and making all the time signatures over 4 instead of over 8? You don't have to do this of course, but I'd suggest trying it out.

I'm not sure whether or not you use Notepad, so if you need help making any of these changes let me or someone else know and we can get this taken care of.

LeviR.star

Oh, and the song title is, "Meddlesome Marx".

If you'd like, I can get you a template file to copy and paste your existing notes into!

Latios212

If you're there at all, fullmetalpianist, please say something. Otherwise, this will be deleted.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

fullmetalpianist

Sorry I wasn't here. I will look at what I can do and follow your suggestions. Thank you.

fullmetalpianist

LeviR.star that template would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

fullmetalpianist

I don't usually use notepad, I use sibelius. I only got notepad to create a mus. file for ninsheetmusic.

LeviR.star

Fullmetal, Static and I will help you get a formatted sheet as soon as we can. I'll also send you a template via Personal Message so you can use it on further arrangements.

Any more questions? Ask away! :)

LeviR.star

Sorry about the wait! Here's the link to the download for the template file: NSM Template File

fullmetalpianist

Do you need the full version of Finale to copy time signature changes? I tried to find a way but nothing is working. Might as well give up now aye?

LeviR.star

Latios212

Archiving this for the time being due to inactivity. You're welcome to resubmit after all the formatting gets ironed out.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle