DISCORD MOVIE NIGHT: THOUGHTS

Started by Altissimo, September 06, 2017, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

You're only saying that because your daddy didn't get you a squirrel
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2017, 06:08:44 PMdepp fits the character a lot better
u wot m8

Quoteand the oompa loompas aren't obnoxious
i think you (also) have the two films mixed up in that regard
because the ones in the remake are super annoying
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I think the new ones are funny.  The old ones were ugly and I really disliked the songs

Gene wilder tried for sure, but he still seems down to earth all the time (maybe just my perception) whereas Johnny depp is whimsical and childish at times
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I'm taking the ACT Saturday, but other than that I should be available most Saturdays.

As far as movies:
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Interstellar
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2017, 06:29:29 PMI think the new ones are funny.  The old ones were ugly and I really disliked the songs

Gene wilder tried for sure, but he still seems down to earth all the time (maybe just my perception) whereas Johnny depp is whimsical and childish at times
Hey, we actually agree on something.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

braix

So we decided that I'll be hosting instead of Alti because she has real life stuff she's busy with(unlike me)

Also, anime is also a possibility. I'd be cool with hosting the Ghost Stories english dub.
For those unaware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iDtR1yKJM0
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

That sounds like a good time
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

if we're watching dubbed anime I'd do it in a voice chat because I like mimicking the overdramatic lines
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2017, 07:03:53 PMif we're watching dubbed anime I'd do it in a voice chat because I like mimicking the overdramatic lines

I went to my library's anime club once. They muted the volume and I just watched as they all read the lines in a silly fashion.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2017, 06:29:29 PMI think the new ones are funny.  The old ones were ugly and I really disliked the songs
that's just wrong on every level
the new ones are generic and don't seem anything close to like what i would imagine an enigmatic yet knowledgeable group of people from a foreign land might be like
the original oompa loompas nailed that aspect perfectly

QuoteGene wilder tried for sure, but he still seems down to earth all the time (maybe just my perception) whereas Johnny depp is whimsical and childish at times
Gene Wilder was very whimsical, from the first scene you see him in. At the same time, he also seemed like an actual person. Johnny Depp was just wacky, which isn't necessarily bad, but just not really as nuanced, so-to-say.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Danny Elfman's music is not generic

Also please don't call it a remake lmao it's just a different adaptation of Roald Dahl's book (and a better, more accurate one I might add)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 06, 2017, 07:46:56 PMDanny Elfman's music is not generic
I didn't say the music was generic. That being said, I'm not really a fan of the Oompa Loompa's music either, but it has its own problems.

QuoteAlso please don't call it a remake lmao it's just a different adaptation of Roald Dahl's book (and a better, more accurate one I might add)
i'll call it what i want
the original is so much more organic and nuanced in pretty much every aspect

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

LeviR.star

Wow, I don't usually see a topic reach 3 pages in this small amount of time.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Yeah, that's actually a bit surprising.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber