TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PMFirstly, it was the way E. Gadd went about making his posts, not simply that he did it.
Sure, everyone always goes for the way I go about making my posts.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PMSecondly, I'm not sure why you're criticizing me for doing exactly what people are supposed to be doing in day start games when you/E. Gadd don't even know what you're supposed to do in day start games. That just seems silly!
You seem to be getting very defensive over this.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PM1: I've been playing for a number of years, way, way longer than you have.
I can respect that.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PM2: Because, like I said, this is a thing people do in day start games. It's not "instincts," it's just standard behavior.
So if it isn't instinct, what's it based upon, hm? The way I make my posts?

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PM3: I'm not expecting you, or anyone else for that matter, to think I'm human just from my vote. That's one of the differences of day start games: you don't have anything else to go on.
Well that seems to be exactly what you're implying with your statement:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:01:09 PMDoubting/needlessly questioning a TWG veteran
Why would I need to doubt you if I knew you were a human? But I don't know that, so I don't trust you (parallel with my views for everyone) and I'm going to question you for your votes. At least some sort of explanation/defence would be better than "Okay, fine, I'll vote you instead."

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PM1. Yes, but even then, my post wouldn't be considered the "VERY beginning" by any means (there are some people who vote right off the bat, like in their first post on the first page). There's only so long in the phase, and if we wait too long, we'll be scrambling for something (or should I say "anything"), which, as I'm sure you know, usually leads to a bad lynch.
We have 72 hours. Other than the flavour text posts, there isn't much that contributes to the game, so in terms of posts, yours was near the "VERY beginning", because there's nothing else to focus on besides a bunch of "Fun at the fair" and "Hi guys, I'm here" and questions for Noc. Granted, Blueflower did suggest someone Blue (ha) should claim, but even so,
a) that doesn't require a blue person to claim (although Brainy did?)
b) This could be from them not having played in a while. It's all speculation, there are no concretes. So to say that there is still this early would be folly.
[/quote]

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:41:43 PM2. I don't know what to say about that/not sure how it's relevant?
Then don't. I was just justifying my actions, something I apparently didn't do enough of last game, causing people to develop suspicions for me.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 03:05:44 PMSure, everyone always goes for the way I go about making my posts.
That's not much of an argument.

QuoteYou seem to be getting very defensive over this.
Am I? I would say my response pretty expected or justified, especially when people seem to be blatantly ignoring certain facts.

QuoteSo if it isn't instinct, what's it based upon, hm? The way I make my posts?
I think you missed my point there. I'd explain it more, but it'd just end up being the exact same thing I already posted. Stuff like that is perfectly normal in day start games, and you reacting so defensively, instead of taking it in stride (it being what you would call an uninformed vote at the "VERY beginning"), doesn't reflect well on you either.

QuoteWell that seems to be exactly what you're implying with your statement:
You're misunderstanding that. What you/Brainy are doing is doubting that "early" or seemingly random votes are a perfectly normal in a day start game, hence the part of my post about you two being uninformed about how day start games usually go. That has nothing to do with whether or not anybody thinks I'm human. That would be me acting as if this is going to be the final lynch of the day, instead of there being dissenting opinions (from other people not the person voted for), new information coming to light (based on responses, votes, and other actions), etc.

QuoteWe have 72 hours. Other than the flavour text posts, there isn't much that contributes to the game, so in terms of posts, yours was near the "VERY beginning", because there's nothing else to focus on besides a bunch of "Fun at the fair" and "Hi guys, I'm here" and questions for Noc.
And, apparently, that's how you expect the entire phase to go? All 72 hours of it? What, then, is wrong to do something to kickstart the lynch, especially because that's what anybody else accustomed to a day start game would do?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

I'm safety voting on me for the moment

BrainyLucario

BDS, you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

Okay then, so if you're so confident in your abilities, explain to me WHY you first voted on Blueflower. Then we'll go from there
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

I'm very confused right now and have no basis to vote from. I would like to hear your explanation, BlackDragonSlayer. That might help me become less confused.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 12, 2017, 03:18:32 PMI'm safety voting on me for the moment

BrainyLucario

BDS, you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be
I think you two are the only ones doing that.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 03:18:39 PMOkay then, so if you're so confident in your abilities, explain to me WHY you first voted on Blueflower. Then we'll go from there
That was a joke, and I thought that would be pretty clear given the context (Blue pretty much being "What are we supposed to be, randomly vote for someone?" then me randomly voting for him). However, when something else slightly more substantial (and NOT a joke) came along shortly after, I figured it would only be logical to go after it! :P

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 12, 2017, 03:20:58 PMI'm very confused right now and have no basis to vote from. I would like to hear your explanation, BlackDragonSlayer. That might help me become less confused.
Explain what? I think I've explained enough already.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Then why the heck did you bold it, making it an official vote???
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

And not come out and say that it was a joke? If at least in small font nearby
You know that someone would've taken it too seriously
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 03:24:47 PMThen why the heck did you bold it, making it an official vote???
1: Because if I didn't, then that wouldn't be funny at all? If the joke is that I voted for blueflower, then what's the point if I didn't actually vote for blueflower? And now I had to explain the joke to death, and now it's not as funny. Thanks, guys.
2: Because one vote, at this stage of the game, is completely harmless, something that seems to be flying completely over your head.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 03:26:35 PMAnd not come out and say that it was a joke? If at least in small font nearby
You know that someone would've taken it too seriously
3: Because that would ruin the point of the joke?

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 12, 2017, 03:27:55 PMLike you are with E. Gadd's post
Thank you for having absolutely no context for this post. :P I think this game is going pretty well so far, actually; looks like we're going to have an active first day. Hope some other people will come back in and give their thoughts/make some votes of their own.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

That makes sense, actually, as to why you didn't explain it.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 03:30:46 PMThanks, guys.
You're welcome :D

Well foo. I thought something could be done about this, but I guess not. >:/ that's the thing about TWG, I look to find lynch candidates with substantial evidence that points to their guilt. But it's tough right about now. And it sucks for people like me who want to have definitive votes on people who seem to be guilty entirely (or contribute nothing to the game in any capacity)

With all that said, I have some homework to do. Hopefully I'll be back on tonight. If not, I'll respond in ze morning (although if I'm not on here I'll probz be on Discord at some later point)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

BDS, I honestly think you should leave reading E. Gadd to me. You don't know Him as well as I do

E. Gadd Industries

OOOOOOOOKAY, THAT'S IT

PM LOG INCOMING BETWEEN ME AND BRAINYLUCARIO
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

blueflower999

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 12, 2017, 02:12:28 PMAlso Claiming Control Freak
Did, like, everyone skip over this post lol.

BlackDragonSlayer to me looks like he's needlessly stirring up conflict. While I appreciate it as it gives this first day some substance, is it something that a human would do? Probably not.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BrainyLucario

E. Gadd you can't do that also other blue roles please claim to me so we can form an alliance