my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

TWG XCVI Post Game

Started by mikey, September 25, 2017, 08:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM
TWG XCV: The Great Minnesota Get-Together
Wow!  9 (or 10 (or even 11 (I like to be optimistic (but not really)))) of us all went to the Minnesota State Fair together and we're ready to have a blast!  Unbeknownst to the group of us, two members of the party are unbelievably selfish and want to hog all the [generic food item]-on-a-sticks to themselves.  But we're not going to let that happen.  Are we?

1. Hungry Werewolf- Each night phase, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player is killed.  If that player was holding an Item, the Hungry Werewolf takes that Item.  The Hungry Werewolf never receives an Item during distribution.
2. Fat Werewolf- As long as the Fat Werewolf is holding an Item, if the Fat Werewolf would die, instead becomes a Vanilla Werewolf and loses any Item held.
3. Foodie- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of an Item.  The Foodie receives a PM with the name of the Player holding that Item.
4. Fitness Guru- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player loses any Item they were holding.
5. Control Freak- Once per game, at night, may send a PM to the host asking the host to redistribute the Items.  The Items will be redistributed at the end of the Phase.
6. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
7. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
8. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
9. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.

Players:

•BrainyLucario-Human
•ThatHiddenCharacter-Foodie
•Trasdegi-Hungry Werewolf
•davy-Fitness Guru
•BlackDragonSlayer-Human
•Olimar12345-Fat Werewolf
•BlueFlower-Human
•E. Gadd Industries-Human
•Lkjhgfdsa_77-Control Freak

Items:
To consume an Item, the Player holding that Item sends a PM to the host notifying them of their intent.  Once consumed, Items are removed from the game and do not return.

Mocha-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to revive another Player at the end of the next Night Phase.

Deep-Fried-Baklava-On-A-Stick: This Item is always given to the Hungry Werewolf.  Since nobody likes Baklava, this Item cannot be consumed by a Player and instead can be passed on to another Player as a night action.  If that Player is holding an Item already, they swap Items.

Sweet Martha's Cookies: If a Player holding Sweet Martha's Cookies would die, instead the Item is consumed and that Player's Role is publicized.

Corn-Dog-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to have their vote count as 2 during the next Day Phase.
This is why you make games humansided.  It went to the final three despite a revive, 4 confirmed players, and two players almost immediately zeroed in on the wolves yet didn't push their suspicions.  It ended up being a really close game, so congrats to the wolves (one in particular) for a game well played.

Trasdegi-  sorry, bud.  You didn't get to play much.  It burns me up that you got wolf read for more or less no reason.  Not much to say here other than better luck next time.  I think you could have put more thought into your baklava choice and maybe even communicate with olimar about it, but you didn't.

Olimar- probably the best game I've seen you play ever.  It's unfortunate you never got an item, because if you had the game would have been that much closer.  You didn't do much communicating with your partner either, but you did a good job everywhere else.  A twist of the rng wheel and you would have won this game easily.

Licky- this is your first game?  Welcome to twg, I hope you enjoyed your first game.  You played pretty darn well for your first time.

Davy- you seemed a little bit distant this game.  You were playing fine, sure, and you were the only one breaking things down mechanically, but you did the work and didn't extrapolate anything from it, leaving that to others.

ThatHiddenCharacter- You played much better this game than last game.  You had 2 mistakes.  First, you revealed that Davy was a special/had an item and the wolves could have capitalized on that.  Second, you claimed foodie too early.  That didn't matter much, but you weren't really under as much pressure as you thought you were.  Well on your way to becoming a solid player.

BlackDragonSlayer- hmm...  Not sure what to say here, other than people obviously weren't meta reading you this game.  E gadd put you under some heat early and that helped lead to your demise, but your overall attitude about the game sure didn't help.

E Gadd-  You're still one of the new players, and I enjoy watching you learn with every game.  You've got a ways to go, but you're enthusiastic and that can take you far. Keep working at it.  You learned a lot about day phase tomfoolery here and I think you added a bit of knowledge to your metagame reads of certain players.  You also survived to the endgame, so you get good points for that.

BrainyLucario- Hehehe.  You took my playbook and ripped up the pages, didn't you?  There are two schools of thought- first is that you save the cookies for when you need them, which is what most people were thinking going into the game.  You decided to get yourself lynched, which was extremely beneficial in this setup, denying the cookies to the wolves and increasing the "confirmed" block of human players.  Your reads we're spot on and if you had trusted your gut and maybe toned it down after day 1 you could have led the humans to an easy victory.

Blueflower- eeeeeeee welcome back to twg.  You played a good game, but your lack of presence from public chat hindered you slightly.  Fortunately brainy had you false claim guru or I think you'd have been dead that much sooner.  You've been gone for a while, but it doesn't seem like you've missed a beat.

Did I miss anyone?  Time for awards.

MVP Award goes to Olimar12345!  Well played.
Most Improved Award goes to THC!  Much better than your last game, but let's not bring that up.
Player on the Rise Award goes to BrainyLucario!  You're an intuitive player, and you've shown tremendous progress during the year.  I have no doubt you'll soon become a twg veteran.

Congrats to the humans to their (bumbling) victory and to the wolves for their superior play.
unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

It was killing me not to put in my two cents after I had died.

Anyway, great game y'all! Congrats to the humans for winning and to Olimar for sticking it out so long, even if you seemed a bit desperate at the end.

Also, yay! MIP!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Olimar12345

After Tras died it was a tough game for the wolves. Almost had it, though. Sorry for all of the verbal abuse, brainy; I was trying to get you to think that your playing was so bad that you'd eventually start to believe more of what I said. Turns out you can't fight a rational battle against an irrational opponent. Also, while getting you to lynch egadd would have been a super badass score for me, it was the only real move I had left at that point. I figured it would look worse if you died since you suspected me so hard (for hardly any reason), and that Davy would see through that.

No hard feeling though, right? Pls
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

tfw i was right about olimar the whole time
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Hi guys, I was following the game closely despite not playing and am incredibly pleased with what I saw. Amazing game all around.
Brainy, what the hell. I don't know if I'm upset or not. Losing the cookies was probably a smart move in the long run and you got yourself confirmed human in the process, but damn. That was infuriating to read.
E. Gadd, couldn't be more proud. You're doing really well for a newcomer and I'm a little miffed your Day 1 inexperience ended up being a point used against you later down the line (it was painfully clear to me that you just didn't know what to do at the time). You're gonna go far, kid.
BDS, solid play. A little bummed you ended up being suspected for most of the game, because you were definitely doing your best.
Olimar, good job at taking advantage of a slightly less experienced audience, I guess. I wolf read you hard when you kept pressing E. Gadd for being a newb during Day 1 and it's incredible that didn't get you killed earlier. The fact that you survived as long as you did is remarkable.
Blue, nice seeing you active on the forums again. :P Smart play from you all around.
Lkj, congrats on getting revived. :P Very well done for a first game (it was your first game, right?) and getting the alliance going.
Davy, I saw you as human super early on when you laid out the plan for constructing the alliance. Well done giving detailed and logical advice to the whole team, I think it was a big part of the backbone that kept the discussion going.
THC, you've got a ways to go but you're doing really well. Good job keeping your special nature under wraps for as long as you did and I look forward to perhaps playing a game with you in the future.
Tras, bummer you died so early. I...really don't have much else to say. You didn't post much and when you did it was more to state where you were putting your lynch votes, so...better luck next time?
Hey, maybe I'll participate next time! I missed out on a really good game this time around.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 25, 2017, 08:27:57 PMAfter Tras died it was a tough game for the wolves. Almost had it, though. Sorry for all of the verbal abuse, brainy; I was trying to get you to think that your playing was so bad that you'd eventually start to believe more of what I said. Turns out you can't fight a rational battle against an irrational opponent. Also, while getting you to lynch egadd would have been a super badass score for me, it was the only real move I had left at that point. I figured it would look worse if you died since you suspected me so hard (for hardly any reason), and that Davy would see through that.

No hard feeling though, right? Pls
Of course not, pal. I had a feeling you were doing that on purpose, anyway!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Trasdegi

Quote from: Dudeman on September 25, 2017, 08:51:49 PMTras, bummer you died so early. I...really don't have much else to say. You didn't post much and when you did it was more to state where you were putting your lynch votes, so...better luck next time?

That's my biggest problem in this game, I have a hard time choosing what to post without being wolf read (when I'm a wolf and when I'm human) and I end up posting nothing and being wolf read for inactivity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 25, 2017, 08:17:53 PMTrasdegi-  sorry, bud.  You didn't get to play much.  It burns me up that you got wolf read for more or less no reason.  Not much to say here other than better luck next time.  I think you could have put more thought into your baklava choice and maybe even communicate with olimar about it, but you didn't.

I still don't understand how I've been wolf read, and for the baklava, I thought than keeping it wasn't a good idea because I couldn't steal any item, giving it to Olimar wasn't either because he would've been wolf read for that, so I made a completely random choice in the other players

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 25, 2017, 08:17:53 PMThis is why you make games humansided.  It went to the final three despite a revive, 4 confirmed players, and two players almost immediately zeroed in on the wolves yet didn't push their suspicions.  It ended up being a really close game, so congrats to the wolves (one in particular) for a game well played.

No, this is not why you make games human-sided. If the wolves played better than the humans, the wolves deserve to win. Had the game been less humansided, humans would have been forced to play the game differently, and Olimar might have been lynched earlier. This game would have been less human-sided had the fat werewolf started with an item, or if the hungry werewolf would have stolen an item. The problem with item games where items can go to either side is that the game can become unbalanced if a certain team doesn't get an item. In this game, wolves were very dependent on getting items, but since humans could just sacrifice a confirmed each night phase, wolves never got an item.

Brainy - Good game all around. There are a couple of things I think you can do better the next time such a situation arises: Rather than fake-claiming a special role, you should have just claimed vanilla human with cookies and asked us to lynch you. That way, you'd be the only confirmed human, and if wolves failed their night 2 wolfing, humans would have won. On day 2, rather than going after Tras with no evidence, you should have either see what the consensus was with the unconfirmed players and start a lynch based on that, or say that for this phase you had to lynch someone from the unconfirmed pool and that you didn't want to risk having to expose one of the specials.

THC - You played a good special game. Your biggest flaw was that day 2 you went with Brainy's baseless acusation of Trasdegi. Had you asked him to explain his vote, the unconfirmed humans would not have turned on you. Not much else to say, since you died immidiately after that.

Trasdegi - You were a victim of the circumstances. Sorry for that.

BDS - The goal for both humans and wolves is not to get lynched (for humans besides killing wolves). If you always get lynched for your playstyle, than maybe you should change your playstyle. Also, why did you suggest that Tras was Blueflower's partner? After both you and Olimar went after the Blueflower lynch E. Gadd was the only compatible player to Blueflower.

Olimar - I really enjoyed how you played, being rational most of the time and actually explaining your suspicion lists. During day 4, I think you went a bit too hard after E. Gadd, clearly trying to set up his lynch on day 5 after I would force a BDS lynch on day 4. This was kinda in line with how you displayed complete trust in BDS throughout the game, which I don't really understand. Why would you, as a wolf, say that you think someone is either human or playing a god wolf game? Finally, I'd like to know on what basis you made your wolfing choices. The night 1 wolfing was fairly obvious, but on night 2, both Blueflower and THC were valid choices (and you ended up making the choice that would not make you immediately lose the game). I was really surprised by the night 3 wolfing; I thought you'd keep Lkjhgfdsa alive for the final three. Had you wolf'd Brainy at that point I would not be as sure of you being a wolf as I would if you wolf'd Brainy night 4. Also, I was fully expecting to die night 3, because for each of the living unconfirmeds at that point, it was much easier for them to convince Brainy and Lkjhgfdsa that they were human than it was to convince me that they were human. During night 4, you really didn't have any choice other than to wolf me, seeing how I would have lynched you immediately because E. Gadd wouldn't kill Brainy and keep me alive.

Blueflower - Nice to see that you're back. Sorry for lynching you day 3, but I'd feel really bad if I had lynched BDS without properly reading his defense, and I wanted to keep Olimar alive since he was playing so well. No hard feelings though, right?

E. Gadd - Nice job figuring out that THC was a special. That basicly won us the game. Do be aware that the argument 'I'm not aware of a certain strategy' only works once.

Lkjhgfdsa - Good job being an alliance leader on your first game. Not much else to say since you were only alive for two day phases and didn't do much in said phases outside of creating the alliance.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game