News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NES] Sweet Home - "Cave Theme" by Rwars

Started by Zeta, November 08, 2017, 12:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Sweet Home
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Cave Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Rwars

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Whoooo...interesting sheet. :P

Here are a few things:
- You're missing a dynamic marking.
- The last low B in each measure (LH) should mirror the RH making it a D.
- The spellings are a little awkward. Since there isn't a discernable key (to me at least), these accidentals may work better:

- From what I can tell from the original, M.4+ is faster than M. 1-3.

Whew...weird song. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this one? Updaters?

The Deku Trombonist

If you beam it differently and respell some accidentals it shows up something interesting.

There are the following arpeggios: Abm, D, Fmin, Bmin (I'm assuming the transcription is correct). If you just take the roots of the arpeggios, you have four notes which spell a diminished chord (B, D, F, Ab). And seeing as diminished chords can resolve any of four ways, that's why there is seemingly no 'discernable key'.

I'm sure you could probably tinker with the spellings a bit to find an optimal spelling, but I just thought it was an interesting little quirk that was worth pointing out.

Rwars

I've reworked the spellings, and finally added the dynamic mark. Don't know how that escaped me the first time around.

Quote from: Sebastian on November 13, 2017, 05:45:12 PM- From what I can tell from the original, M.4+ is faster than M. 1-3.
You seem to be correct, it does speed up a bit there, actually. I'm not sure on what it speeds up to, though.

Sebastian

Awesome.
We, the Updaters, have discussed it and have come to a consensus.

Go ahead and change the time signature to 12/16 and beam it this way. Also, change the Cb to a B#. That was my bad.

Rwars

There we go. Changed the remaining flats into sharps, and changed the time signature. Anything else, perhaps?

Rwars

Updated to have with what I believe is the correct tempo and tempo change. I do hope that this is correct.

Olimar12345

I have to disagree with Sebastian's suggested spellings, as they don't make nearly as much sense as the method Deku provided (I'm looking at YOU, written diminished fourth (G#-C) instead the incredibly easier-to-read/interpret major third!).

This is the way I'd go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4om17vco5pdrju/cave12345.mus?dl=1
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Rwars

Well, there we go, I changed the spelling back. I do hope that this is better, perhaps?

Latios212

Yep.

A couple final notes:
- Could we have a forward repeat bar at measure 1 and use a DC instead of a end repeat bar at the end?
- Now that we've changed the time signature, the tempo marking needs to be updated to have a dotted eighth note as the beat (instead of quarter note).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Rwars

And there we go, hopefully that works, haha

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 22, 2018, 03:53:58 PMI have to disagree with Sebastian's suggested spellings, as they don't make nearly as much sense as the method Deku provided (I'm looking at YOU, written diminished fourth (G#-C) instead the incredibly easier-to-read/interpret major third!).
Static and I came up with that spelling. I do agree that a major third is easier to read.

Nice work, guys.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot