News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NES] Yoshi - "BGM 3" by FEZ PEZ

Started by Zeta, November 09, 2017, 04:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Yoshi
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: BGM 3
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FEZ PEZ

FEZ PEZ

Original Song (NES):

I realized that the console for Yoshi is GameBoy on this site, but I'm not sure how different that version is (except for being higher pitched):

Also, I have a question. If I were arranging this piece for somebody I know, could I put "For (insert name here)" somewhere on the sheet?
I don't care if it's impossible, I'm doing it anyways.

FEZ PEZ

(Bump) Wondering if anyone has noticed this yet...

Maelstrom

Quote from: FEZ PEZ on November 09, 2017, 05:00:51 PMAlso, I have a question. If I were arranging this piece for somebody I know, could I put "For (insert name here)" somewhere on the sheet?
Probably not. I'm not sure how they'd feel about their name being put on a sheet published on the internet. In addition, we don't really do that here.

As for the sheet, you have one massive problem: half note = 150 is wayyy to fast. Halve all note values and put it in 4/4 with q=150

FEZ PEZ

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 22, 2017, 11:22:39 AMProbably not. I'm not sure how they'd feel about their name being put on a sheet published on the internet. In addition, we don't really do that here.

The person I'm arranging this for is my brother and I would use his alias, not his real name, so he's okay with that. And I've seen some sheets that have "special thanks to (insert name here)" on them, so why is this much different?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: FEZ PEZ on December 22, 2017, 07:40:22 PMThe person I'm arranging this for is my brother and I would use his alias, not his real name, so he's okay with that. And I've seen some sheets that have "special thanks to (insert name here)" on them, so why is this much different?
When people write that, it means they helped out with arranging the sheet. It's not a dedication of any sort.

FEZ PEZ

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 22, 2017, 08:08:35 PMWhen people write that, it means they helped out with arranging the sheet. It's not a dedication of any sort.
Well, I meant in terms of Ninsheetmusic policy, and the format of the sheets. Couldn't "person 1" who wrote "Special thanks to (person 2)" have written "Arranged by (person 1) and (person 2)?"
It seems to me that if it's acceptable to write "special thanks to (person 2)" if they helped out a little to write the sheet, it would be acceptable to write "special thanks to (my brother)" (or something of the like) if he inspired me to make this sheet. And, by consequence, helped out.
Sorry if I sound demanding, I just don't understand the issue.

Maelstrom

Nah, not really. The special thanks generally means someone who gave ideas or maybe a helped a little, but not enough to be counted as a co arranger.
Completely forgot that was a thing, so thanks, Yug.

FEZ PEZ

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 23, 2017, 07:57:27 AMNah, not really. The special thanks generally means someone who gave ideas or maybe a helped a little, but not enough to be counted as a co arranger.

In that case, it's fine to put "special thanks to (my  brother)" on the sheet, correct? Someone who "gave ideas or maybe helped a little" isn't very definitive.

Latios212

I understand what you want to do, but to clarify what Maelstrom said, the "special thanks" field on NSM sheets is for people who have contributed musically to the arrangement. Like for helping write out a certain section.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FEZ PEZ

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 22, 2017, 11:22:39 AMAs for the sheet, you have one massive problem: half note = 150 is wayyy to fast. Halve all note values and put it in 4/4 with q=150

Fixed.

Olimar12345

Follow the guidelines on whose name to include. There should be the composer(s) and the arranger(s). Nothing more.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

This arrangement suffers from one main acute problem: a lack of voice separation.
For example, measure 6 should really look like this:
Spoiler
[close]
and measure 10 should look something like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Go through the entire piece and, when you hear the voices doing their own separate thing, like 11-17. Fix that throughout the entire piece, and then we'll check this further. Just remember to only split then when they go different directions, and not in places like m3-5.

Oh, and add measure numbers, respace the measures to have less white space, and maybe shrink the left margin?

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Resubmit this with feedback if you come back. It's nearly finished, but it needs to be deleted for inactivity.